[2.1 Talisman] Cheap Easy Firestorm Tank [New Video]

Do the jewels not show up in my skill tree when i link it? If not I will pull them out and link them when I'm in game later.

But I look for jewels with 2 or 3 damage stats. One of my jewels has two damage stats and all res. Another has 3 damage stats, the third has 2 damage stats and cast speed.
Okay cool. Also, it just shows me empty jewel slots when I look at your current tree.
jewels are up on my latest gear update. I did my first party yesterday (I solo 99% of the time), my damage was able to carry 3 people with ease, I was also able to be in the thick of everything and tank for people.

I cannot say enough good things about kingsguard, instantly healing when your immortal call pops really helps if you don't have great reactions with your potions. The build has met and even exceeded my expectations of a good mapping build.

Disclaimer, I do have 1 death. I died when rushing act 3 merciless Dominus. I didn't have the cast when damage taken, immortal call setup in place and I didn't have instant pots. If I were running in hardcore I would have had both of these by act 4 cruel. But, I was being greedy and wanted to hit dried lake farming early day 2 to get a jump on the market.

I'm at tier 5 maps currently, I solo and don't buy maps so building my map pool takes some time. But I have run a lot of rare maps with damage mods and I fully clear all maps, I've had no issues and my character feels like a true tank.

Here are some bosses, that I had to kite, aka couldn't face tank like normal.

Phantasmagoria: you need to keep moving because the boss explodes corpses.

Quarry: I can face tank now that my damage is higher and I have positive chaos res, but this boss is really rippy when you first get to tier 3 maps.

Museum: With positive chaos res and higher damage the bosses are face roll, but you really need to run in circles as your casting to avoid close calls.

I'll add more as I progress further and find tough encounters. I will also copy it to the main post when it includes mid tier maps.

I may also take a break with the character so updates could slow down. I was testing some builds in standard last night and Crit EK is incredibly strong and surprisingly cleave and rain of arrows are quite good with their 2.1 changes.

Last edited by nosrek_scirocco on Dec 17, 2015, 2:16:53 PM
What are you going to use as your sixth link? Increased Area of Effect, Iron Will, Item Rarity?
Item rarity, concentrated effect, and iron will would be on my short list.

Iron will gives you a good chunk of damage without lowering your radius, so that is likely the best option for wrecking maps.
Hello guys,

So anyone has an update ? how did the build go so far ?
"
Maelstrom of Chaos with 5 link

Dried Lake with 3 link

This build is suitable for a fresh start in hardcore and softcore.

I found while testing in standard you can clear through mid tier maps comfortably on a 4 link of spell echo, faster casting, and fire penetration. Controlled Destruction is an ideal 5th link because more damage without reducing the area.

The build is very durable due to many layers of defense;

- Arctic Armour
- 5 Endurance Charges
- 4 second Immortal Call
- Fortify
- Kingsguard healing on Immortal Call
- 30-35 Block
- 5-6k Armour
- 4% Life regen

Skill Tree

Gearing

You want to use a scepter and shield. Scepter for implicit elemental damage and ability to leap slam and use vigilant strike to gain fortify for harder content. For the shield try for something with high armor and block, Ideally with an open suffix so you can add cast speed with Catarina.

A Kingsguard is a decent unique chest. You will get a heal when immortal call goes off and have longer endurance charges. Otherwise a rare armor/es chest.

Helm, Boots, and Gloves look for armor pieces. Ideally you want to break 5k armor.

Recommended Gems

Firestorm -> Fire Penetration -> Spell Echo -> Faster Casting -> Controlled Destruction

Leap Slam -> Faster Attacks -> Fortify -> Vigilant Strike

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 5) -> Immortal Call (lvl 7) -> Molten Shell (lvl 12) -> Increased Duration

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1) -> Tempest Shield (lvl 7)

Blasphemy -> Warlord's Mark

Clarity, Arctic Armour, Enduring Cry

Bandits

Normal: Help Oak (Life)
Cruel: Help Alira (Cast Speed)
Merciless: Help Oak (Endurance Charge)

I will update the build as I progress through Talisman.

Greetings !

I have one thing to get your opinion :

The no.1 thing that got my attention about this build is tankiness because I have a kind of "wooden" PC with often fps drops, not to mention that it is an early suicide if I even think about playing HC instead of SC :). Even opening strongboxes after merciless is a pain unless my character is tanky enough to compensate 1 or 2 (sometimes even 3 seconds freeze), and builds with much microing, or smart playing, low life etc. are totally not for my pc specs. So the playstyle with tough character is my only and logical option.

So the question : Do you recommend going for this build in my condition ? I played witch until lvl 78 with firestorm but it seems unable to clear rare maps. What do you recommend If I start a Templar and go for your build ?

Just avoid using the firestorm mtx if your computer is older. The mtx will kill your fps.

I took the build to tier 7 maps, but I have now respecced to a Mjolner build. Not because there was anything wrong with this build, but because I needed a change of pace to keep mapping. I've also never had or played a Mjolner build so it will be a great addition to my collection in standard.

The strength of this build is being able to run rare maps. The only map mod I avoided was no regen. I was able to build a decent map pool and around 10 exalts by level 85 without ever finding a top tier unique.

The best drop I had was a +3 bow, which got me 2 exalts. I found 2 exalts while mapping. The rest was made from chaos recipe, a shop (most items I sold were 1 chaos each), and alterations (trading up into jewelers, fusings, and eventually exalts).

I highly recommend this build for getting a foothold in a new league or building up map pool/ wealth for more expensive builds.

Hey, just came to say thanks for this guide! Currently using it myself and having lots of fun. I haven't played in quite some time so this is a great build for me to get going in the new leagues.

I got lucky and am using
so currently wrecking enemies :D

I am using flame totem as well for added melting - it's really good!
Why is there no update on this build?
I'm doing something very similiar and it's going great. I am 80lvl now.
FYI. cwdt-imc-ecry do not work anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info