Just thought I'd leave this here

"
Qarl wrote:

If the gem produces both casters and melee, how will that impact the support gem functionality? Will the mage cast function as an attack or spell? It would be difficult to support both melee and casters cast from the same gem unless you took generic support gems or used enough jewels to convert all your skeletons.
"
Dreggon wrote:
haha, "mage from the coast"

Wraeclast Plane confirmed! :O
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
to bad skeletons atm suck.
"
Qarl wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyygoooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooo [...] ooooooooooooooooood.

Love you Qarl.

Quick question - using 2 of these will grant me 6 Skele mages? (EDIT: NVM, read the answer)
Also, any info on their damage scaling?
And lastly, pls gui, consider adding +2/+1 skeles there, as Army of Bones is pretty much needed for Skele build :<. Not enough sockets there.

I already played Army of Bones, Summon Skeletons build (SkeliesAreViableOrBust Scion). While it was playable and I was able to clear even higher level maps, it felt pretty lackluster. Main offender was jewel starvation - I needed like 4-5 jewel sockets with only Army of Bones socketed, meaning I couldn't use rare jewels. Hard time getting other stats. With this new jewel, adding even one more to the tree pretty much ruins the setup even more. I'd love to see +2 skelies on it, as it would simply switch regular skelies to mage skelies, without needing another jewel socket. Just make it rare, so its not as common as Army of Bones.

I really want to play Skelie Summoner again, but I want it to feel good, instead of lackluster and weak all the time. :<

"
Zvim wrote:
Spoiler
"
Qarl wrote:

If the gem produces both casters and melee, how will that impact the support gem functionality? Will the mage cast function as an attack or spell? It would be difficult to support both melee and casters cast from the same gem unless you took generic support gems or used enough jewels to convert all your skeletons.

Also, this.

I'm concerned this gem will end up as being completely useless. :<
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Dec 11, 2015, 1:49:51 AM
Simply awesome.
same name in-game
"
grubworm wrote:
to bad skeletons atm suck.

you are fully wrong.
IGN TylordRampage
"
I am so fucking wet right now holy shit; GOING TO BE AN OCEAN RIGHT HERE.

FFS...

@Qarl

This looks very promising. May have to try a skellie build out finally as I've always favored SRS on my summoner. Thanks for the post.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
"
Wadjet wrote:

ALL YOUR INTELLIGENCE NODES ARE BELONG TO US.

this brings back my memories so far!! :D
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
i dont see any benefit in using them... swapping potential minion dmg + playerlife jewels for minions resist and mages (the good thing about skellis is that you can spawn them infront of a pack for a wall/instant dps).

If it would increase the max skellis it could be interesiting, but in that case regular phys dmg dealing skellis and zombies are superior. They just scale better with auras, are better for the defence and probably for offense... dont think about the summon animation + slow skelli mages projectiles.

EE isnt even useable if they are summoned randomly with fire/lightning/cold dmg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
I find the gem quite interesting. And nice that they added it.
But I guess I won't make a skellie-maker until either the gem gives +1 skellies, or some unique more directly aimed at skellies appear I think.

But its quite a long way (the gem that is) towards me actually wanting to!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info