[3.3] Gilded Cage's Comprehensive Guide to Maps

"
Overgrown Ruin [Difficulty 9/10 | Clearing Ability 5/10]
Previously a tier 1 map, this map has the same tileset as the Overgrown Shrine map. The layout of the map is similar to the Vaal Pyramid in that it is divided into four tiers with the boss residing at the bottom. This is final and most dangerous in our series of Warbands bosses. Here you will find two of the Chaos Warbands leaders in a small room. Chaos Innoculation characters won't have much problem but for all other characters high chaos resistance or an Amethyst flask wouldn’t go amiss. In fact I would be surprised in any melee life based character would be able to survive double boss on this map.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Thank you so much for this wonderful map guide. I've followed it for my entire atlas process. This is the first season I've played through, and your guide was an integral part of it!
Last edited by KillfaceStabman on Dec 29, 2016, 3:48:39 AM
Wow!
The guide is updated to 2.5! Amazing. Going to read stuff right now :)
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Amazing guide. Thanks much for producing this! As a player new to maps, it really helps.
IGN: Werehamster (Marauder, Domination) Gravescythe (Witch, Domination) Crystallure (Scion, Domination)
Fabulously helpful! Thanks very much.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
when you read the description for Whakawairua Tuahu, and you wonder what hes talking bout. Got a good laugh once I got in there.
double message
Last edited by Cloudchasin on Jan 18, 2017, 4:13:15 PM
was entertaining to read this.
good job
Thanks for this guide!
Father of three, master of none.
Well done for your hard work, thank you.
Thank you very much for this extremely helpful guide. Particularly great for new people. Thanks!

One question please -- you write:

"
GildedCage wrote:

With the 2.4 expansion GGG introduced the Atlas as a new way of progressing through the map system. The Atlas visualizes all maps, helping you understand which maps drop in each area.
The connections on the Atlas display which maps can be drop when running a particular map. When you complete a map (kill the unique bosses) it can then be dropped in other maps not connected via the Atlas.

This (what I am guessing is the whole point to this Atlas thing) is something I have not quite understood yet. So far the Atlas has not helped me understand which maps drop in which area. Are you saying that
(1) maps connected to each other on those pathways linking the map locations on the Atlas can drop when doing an adjacent map, and
(2) ONLY those maps can drop if a map drops PLUS all the other maps which are not connected BUT only if you have completed those maps already on your Atlas?

So as an example, if I am just starting out mapping and have never done a map before, and I do a crystal ore map (top left), then IF the engine which determines which loot drops when at some point determines that a map drops, THEN it rolls to see which map out of a list of all possibilites, and in this case the list is limited to Factory (because I have not completed any map yet and that is the only adjacent one)? Or limited to Crystal Ore and Factory (because maps maybe can drop from their own kind?)? Or any tier 1 map (even if I never finished one)? Or something else?

I think I am missing something. I realize you want to say that pro players have a strategy by reshaping the map so that some maps cant drop so that this raises the chances of other maps dropping more (if I understand your later paragraphs on shaping strategy correctly), but not sure how that is.
Example 2: I really want to get that Vinktar Square unique map. It's on a path between Museum and Courtyard. It can only drop in one of those 2 maps -- right? So in order to get it, I have to run as many Courtyard and Museum maps as possible. So I could just buy those, but I could also unshape all the other t10 maps besides Courtyard and then when a t10 map drops it has to be a courtyard?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info