Whyyyy is there no auction house?

As the title says why is there no auction house? ive had a lot of fun with my characters but i don't want to be busy with 3'd party software and trade sites and having to watch 15 tutorials on how to set those up.. the ingame trade chat is just a spamfest so that's no use. Is there any plan on making an auction house? if not i'm not sure i want to continue playing.
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2016, 5:53:38 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yo AH was so fucking bad that even Blizzard thought it was bad in D3.

HOLLAAA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
there are ingame traders who will happily buy your stuff.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
There is no plan for an auction house. The closest thing that might happen is allowing asynchronous and/or cross-instance trading. GGG specifically wants to make sure there is still player interaction when it comes to trading, thus there will never be a system where you simply post an item and the game automates the trade.
"
There is no plan for an auction house. The closest thing that might happen is allowing asynchronous and/or cross-instance trading. GGG specifically wants to make sure there is still player interaction when it comes to trading, thus there will never be a system where you simply post an item and the game automates the trade.
To get a little more clarity, they will never make a system that will open the door to bots buying and selling in this game.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Nov 30, 2015, 5:01:07 PM
Hmmm i didn't really think about sniping BOTS to be honest so i see why an auctionhouse wouldn't work. but there should be some way to set up ingame shop that doesn't involve an endless tradespam. Sigh.. i guess its time to check some tutorials on how to use poe.trade and so on..
Last edited by shagohodds on Nov 30, 2015, 5:24:35 PM
Acquisition and Procurement make it really easy to make a shop. You don't need to do anything with Poe.trade. It gets all it's info from the trade forums so it will list your items if you make a shop thread. The only thing you want to do is get yourself a custom url to flag yourself as online when you play. Currently you only get automatically flagged if you are on the ladder. Easier to ensure you get seen by the many people who filter items by online only to ensure they are seeing current listings and that if they want the item, the player is online to trade. On the bottom of the poe.trade site is a link to their forum thread here where you can find out how to do the custom url.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
shagohodds wrote:
As the title says why is there no auction house? ive had a lot of fun with my characters but i don't want to be busy with 3'd party software and trade sites and having to watch 15 tutorials on how to set those up.. the ingame trade chat is just a spamfest so that's no use. Is there any plan on making an auction house? if not i'm not sure i want to continue playing.

Noone forces you to play you know .
R.I.P 4.B.
Because player interaction is valuable. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal valuable. Yep, nothin better than players, you know... interacting.

*kicks a rock*

Gotta have that interaction, you know.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
Because player interaction is valuable. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal valuable. Yep, nothin better than players, you know... interacting.

*kicks a rock*

Gotta have that interaction, you know.

It actually is.

Not that anyone even has something valueable to trade in regular hardcore it seems, except for very expensive legacy items and mirror gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info