The Ascendancy Supporter Packs!

"
MullaXul wrote:
Take the money and put it toward servers in the US.

Winmtr shows 0 packet loss 40-60avg ping to Texas/PoE from Florida
90+ mbps up/down Fios
Really nice PC and near lagless 16ms response Asus monitor
Tried poor mans settings of 3 and 4 texture quality/filter...changed nothing

Ping fluctuates from crap to crappier to literally screen freezing as I hit players. Can hold down any skill/movement option...continue to hold it in a straight line and watch myself stop go stop go infinitely even with predictive on as if my mouse is fucked.

Used to be able to play this game on any setting with literally 0 issue including desynch, then 2.0 hit and it went down hill from there.

I concur. I also live in SW Florida with avg. pings to Dallas in the 45 to 55ms range with my own ISP wireless (Ubiquiti radios so very low latency from my home to fiber, then to Miami, Houston, and Dallas). PoE 2.0 replaced PoE:The Desync Years with PoE:The Stuttering State of Exile which is not good either but I'll take it over how awful desync was. I had a pre-2.0 build that I got up to 84% increased movement and it was literally unplayable in zones with high amounts of leaper creatures. So stuttering with D.L. at least isn't desync death but yes, please GGG, the server side processing is very laggy.

I wonder how many game sessions GGG crams into a single Zeon core on the server side. I was working for a doctor on a server he said he got off eBay for only $600 and it is a Dell r905 with 4 quad core Zeons at 2.2 GHz and 128 GB of ram and 5 10K SAS drives. Don't know how the Steam Stats translate to players across all game server sites but if that means too many PoE sessions are being forced to run on too few server cores then GGG should add more cores to spread the load better (of course I know it costs more).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Really glad that they're adding more effects. I agree with most of the other people at the beginning of this thread, stating that the first packs seemed very bland. I mean they're a good deal, as you're basically getting a really good pet for only $5, and with the second tier, if you choose points instead of shirt(which seems like a good idea) you end up making profit. Definitely planning to at least buy the lowest pack, perhaps the 2nd one depending on how long these are around. Go GGG!
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
A green portal effect! Just what I've been fantasizing about!
Except this is more epic than I could ever imagine!

Waiting for a few weeks before i purchase mine!
I wanna see the shiny weapon effects :D
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Thank you for truly listening to your playerbase, keep up the good work.
Bought the challanger pack to show my support.

I'll be looking forward to those weapon and portal effects ^^
"
MullaXul wrote:
Take the money and put it toward servers in the US.

Winmtr shows 0 packet loss 40-60avg ping to Texas/PoE from Florida
90+ mbps up/down Fios
Really nice PC and near lagless 16ms response Asus monitor
Tried poor mans settings of 3 and 4 texture quality/filter...changed nothing

Ping fluctuates from crap to crappier to literally screen freezing as I hit players. Can hold down any skill/movement option...continue to hold it in a straight line and watch myself stop go stop go infinitely even with predictive on as if my mouse is fucked.

Used to be able to play this game on any setting with literally 0 issue including desynch, then 2.0 hit and it went down hill from there.

lol I just started playing again recently, did a few group maps and 80+ ROT and it was unbearable... no super laggy builds either such as COC/discharge, just a couple of spell casters in group and it was just constant lag fest near mob.

absolutely disgraceful how bad the lag and server is since 2.0, and there's more to come with all these pets and more more more particle effects.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
That gargoyle looks pretty baddass, too bad I dont have a spare 220€ :)
This is the first time I bought a supporter pack (only bought plain points so far for stash tabs) and the decision was made even before Chris´ announcement of the changes. Why? I think those packs are awesome. Especially the first one. Most of the MTX I see are a bit too colorful / optical too "loud" for me. That gargoyle pet in the Aspirant pack though: It´s absolutely awesome. I like that it´s a living, breathing (and cute) creature which really looks like stone. Exactly what I expect from a gargoyle.
Since the portal effects of the higher tiers resemble the pet the same pack it includes i really hope the portal effect will be in the same flavour as the pet. Stone with some ornament / decorations. Not much, but to make it look like an old stone door to another dimension.
I´m really looking forward to how the portal will look like and in the meantime I enjoy my new buddy staying on my side on all those fights to come :-)

And, something mentioned nowhere in this thread: They did not only change the supporter packs MTX you get, they also changed the soundtrack you get after Chris´ announcement. At least the wording is different. Before it was like you got the Awakening Soundtrack + the additional tracks from Ascendancy. But now you get the rest of the soundtrack too, which is awesome! It would have been sad to miss out on the rest of the soundtrack because you came late to the supporter pack party (earlier packs included earlier "versions" of the soundtrack). Now I can listen to the whole fiftysomething tracks of PoE. I love it! :-)
Last edited by pbuedi on Nov 29, 2015, 7:01:38 AM
After quite some thinking, i decided to not get a pack this time. Even with the upgraded content of the packs (the original one was a bad joke), the prices are just too high for me at the moment - I get that the point value is fair, but i simply don't need that much points, or even the pet.
As much as i love to support GGG, the lack of a idk 25$ pack, which is still like 50% of a full priced game, makes me pretty sad.

Anyway: Thx to the other people who still have the means to support the game.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Nov 29, 2015, 8:46:00 AM
"
Rayzabladez wrote:

The thing I really love about the top tier pet is the way the colour streams back off her wings when she runs, it's beautiful.

The green portal is awesome, but the big red portal is absolutely amazing!

Agree totally! Thanks for supporting GGG and PoE! \(^ヮ^)/
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael