A real concern with the Labyrinth...

Using zombie based setup with montregul's grasp/new summoner staff might be a solution, but still we don't know how really severe it will be for minions. I don't see a reason why convocation + reduced duration couldn't be a solution for a more frequent minions recall, an extra gem usage would make it balanced imo. I wish for more "react to threats" capability for the minions with summoner, so it wouldn't be just be about minions can face tank it all or autodie.
"
Taddis5 wrote:
Using zombie based setup with montregul's grasp/new summoner staff might be a solution

I'd rather not solve the problem with certain items. Besides, Femurs of the Saints requires level 58, Mon'tregul's level 68 and a +2 helmet 65. You will not have these items in Normal or Cruel! And if I recall correctly the trap damage is adjusted based on a percentage of your life or something which means if traps work the same way for minions more life won't help a thing!

And the real problems are spectres. What if your spectres die to traps or Itzaro? You can't TP back and get new ones. You are stuck with whatever you find which might completely gimp your setup (EE + wrong curse, no charges, no curses or wrong type of damage/weapon).

Convocations life regen is not great, you won't have anything to refill your flasks on to heal your minions.

I love the labyrinth idea but I think summoners and minions need a bit of special treatment or a feature that allows to resummon specific spectres without penalty or TP.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
"
Col_Jessep wrote:

I love the labyrinth idea but I think summoners and minions need a bit of special treatment or a feature that allows to resummon specific spectres without penalty or TP.

Desecrate might be set to give you some of the more popular choices for specters.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Col_Jessep wrote:

Desecrate might be set to give you some of the more popular choices for specters.

That would be a good option if there is enough variety.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
animated weapons are flying objects

*flies away
Second-class poe gamer
Bone Offering + % block jewels to block traps (?) and heal
Convocation to heal and reposition minions
Vitality aura
minion-healing flasks
minion regen nodes from tree
Last edited by Hlifhildr on Nov 25, 2015, 4:10:35 PM
The easiest and most obvious solution is that minions won't trigger traps, and take reduced/no damage from them.
Currently minions take MASSIVELY reduced damage from traps, and don't interact with triggers. As long as you have some capacity to heal them and don't just AFK while they're standing on a sawblade track they should be OK.

We do want players to be able to actually complete the labyrinth as summoners :)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Currently minions take MASSIVELY reduced damage from traps, and don't interact with triggers. As long as you have some capacity to heal them and don't just AFK while they're standing on a sawblade track they should be OK.

We do want players to be able to actually complete the labyrinth as summoners :)

Summoners new HC meta if you really like those ascendancy points!

Teeheeeee

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

This is cool, but honestly, if you're going down that route, minions should take *no* damage. I mean, what's the point of damaging minions that we cannot control with traps that they cannot avoid or destroy?
- here's my sig
Last edited by AcrylicHercules on Nov 25, 2015, 5:51:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info