Frequently failing to connect to new zones

So I rage uninstalled the game because of this. I'm no longer not being disconnected from zones that haven't timed out. Simple seems to be any instance transfer where it can happen. I raged because I killed two of the bosses in The Harvent, killed an exile from a strong box, then ported to town to process full inventory, but disconnected on the town transfer. ost progress and exile loot.

But don't worry. I rage uninstalled WoW like 25 times...I do this when I get mad at a game I love. I'm reinstalling. But still...

1. Why do I have to have killed all 3 bosses in The Harvest even when I turn in all 3 organs? (ie I had organs for two bosses before the crash, went to collect the third after reconnecting, but couldn't enter Malachai fight because two bosses had effectively respawned)

2. I've done all I can to fix my connection, but even if I have the worst connection in the world, it doesn't explain why I can't reconnect to the game for 10-15 minutes after a disconnect to town. That has to be a programming issue (probably deliberate to prevent multiple spawns or a second person loggin into a same account and causing conflicts?). Is there any chance this will be cleaned up?

But don't fret GGG. I will probably "buy" the game with guild tabs around Christmas. It's a great game overall. This'll be my last post on the issue since I know how to deal with it now (Diablo 2 was also notoriously buggy and I played that tons).

ty for help
"
Slachi wrote:
1. Why do I have to have killed all 3 bosses in The Harvest even when I turn in all 3 organs? (ie I had organs for two bosses before the crash, went to collect the third after reconnecting, but couldn't enter Malachai fight because two bosses had effectively respawned)

I think this was done to make Malachai boss runs more challenging.

"
Slachi wrote:
2. I've done all I can to fix my connection, but even if I have the worst connection in the world, it doesn't explain why I can't reconnect to the game for 10-15 minutes after a disconnect to town. That has to be a programming issue (probably deliberate to prevent multiple spawns or a second person loggin into a same account and causing conflicts?). Is there any chance this will be cleaned up?

PoE is pretty unique in how effective it is at making connection problems clear. It is a game that needs a clean connection like no other. I have problems with my internet service, so I only get to play around 1AM-3AM these days, while most people sleep. I tried recently to play during closer to peak hours and the game wasn't playable. I see about 3-5% packet loss and huge latency spikes. I'm told that may be fixed today though...

Hope things get better from your side.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Ok I lied.

Over the last couple weeks, after turning off and on every setting I could find in Windows and in my router, I finally just bypassed the router completely and plugged an ethernet cable directly into my computer.

Issue fixed. My router was crap. So nice to enjoy the new league without disconnects. I can't use my printer or laptop for anything useful anymore, but it's so worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info