(2.1) Demopolos' Life-based Dual Totem Incinerate MF culler: 504 iir 145 iiq (group or solo)

dorry for double post but why did you use eleweaks instead of flammability ?
On your gear, it looks like you dropping into low percentage elemental resistances with the 2 Andvarius rings. There also isn't any chaos resist on the gear, and there's not a ton of resistance coming from the tree, so how did you get those capped resistances?
Apologies for being slow to respond. I have been focusing on my cast on crit and windripper builds, and haven't given this character the love it deserves.

Just did a quick level, and have 3930 life now. Updated stats in OP. This will feel a lot better with 4.5k + life at level 90! I will probably make a bit of a leveling push on this guy sometime soon.

"
DiablosAngel wrote:
Hey bud, thanks for the guide. Im currently level 71 and only have a level 2 empower so im only running 2 auras with about 65% reserve.

But im having serious mana issues. Any idea what the problem is>

You're welcome :)

By empower, you mean enlighten, right? Mana gets easier as your regen gets faster (levels help by increasing your mana pool). Also, the difference between lvl 4 and lvl 2 enlighten is 8 % mana reserved, so this makes a difference.

In the short term, you can:
-grab sovereignty nodes
-grab some mana regen nodes you don't have
-get level 3 enlighten
-use a lvl 1-2 clarity

Hope this helps!

"
lebanez wrote:
dorry for double post but why did you use eleweaks instead of flammability ?

I use ele weak because I have it for free on hit due to the implicit mod on my gloves. It is very efficient because I don't have to do anything, and all monsters are automatically ele weak. If you don't have these, manually casting flammability is a viable option.

"
Taeryanor wrote:
On your gear, it looks like you dropping into low percentage elemental resistances with the 2 Andvarius rings. There also isn't any chaos resist on the gear, and there's not a ton of resistance coming from the tree, so how did you get those capped resistances?

All the information you are asking for is right there in the OP. You can see my gear, my gems, and my tree with jewels. You are right that chaos res is a bit dangerous with this build, but at level 92 or so it will have 4600 life which helps a bit.

I have capped resist because I compensate for the penalty on gear with:
-3 purities (need enlighten or aura nodes in tree for this)
-some res rolls on my jewels
-a bit of res passives in tree
Last edited by demopolos on Feb 1, 2016, 11:56:50 PM
Nice looking build. What's your opinion on arc on totem? With the new buff.
"
Acrovic wrote:

Thanks. :)

Well, I am sure that you could make a totally viable arc build with totems... but it would not work for a mf/group cull build.

In order to cull effectively, you need to be able to hit REALLY fast, so that when mobs are between 1-10% life, you get the cull before big dps players in party finish things off. Arc could not hit fast enough to do this consistently. This is why the build must use incinerate (best all around as it works solo or in group), or flame totem (better for culling due to faster hits, but lower dps solo than incinerate).

The arc build could be decent, but I think you would want to focus more on clear speed, going crit, and not prioritizing magic find. This would be a very different build. :)
"
demopolos wrote:
"
Acrovic wrote:

Thanks. :)

Well, I am sure that you could make a totally viable arc build with totems... but it would not work for a mf/group cull build.

In order to cull effectively, you need to be able to hit REALLY fast, so that when mobs are between 1-10% life, you get the cull before big dps players in party finish things off. Arc could not hit fast enough to do this consistently. This is why the build must use incinerate (best all around as it works solo or in group), or flame totem (better for culling due to faster hits, but lower dps solo than incinerate).

The arc build could be decent, but I think you would want to focus more on clear speed, going crit, and not prioritizing magic find. This would be a very different build. :)

You have a point, after playing with it I realized how slow the arc totem is, I was thinking it would be as fast as manual culling with arc, but not even close.

Also what do you think about Sadima's touch wool gloves vs aurseize? In this setup would end up with 450 +/- iir and 158 +/- iiq. And since temp leagues is way harder to get iiq..
Last edited by Acrovic on Feb 4, 2016, 11:07:12 AM
"
Acrovic wrote:
You have a point, after playing with it I realized how slow the arc totem is, I was thinking it would be as fast as manual culling with arc, but not even close.

Also what do you think about Sadima's touch wool gloves vs aurseize? In this setup would end up with 450 +/- iir and 158 +/- iiq. And since temp leagues is way harder to get iiq..

Yep, the cast speed is just nowhere close to the constant hits of incinerate/flame totem.

Sadima's touch is a fine option if you are starved for iiq. Since they are such an inexpensive option, I highly recommend vaaling them till you hit ele weak on hit(or buying ele weak). This free curse is a massive massive upgrade for the build. If a boss has 75 % fire res... instead of dealing 25 % of your damage, you deal 56% of your damage. So against fully resistant mobs, it will more than double your dps!
This build is just amazing, good for leveling and going MF from very early lvls(i had something like 150 IIR and 20IIQ at 40lv). With some practice you can play this build on HC from beginning - i died first time on malachai on cruel due to lags.
yo demo

How hard was this hit by the incin nerf in 2.1?
Edit: This is still doing quite well in TSC. Soloing is a breeze up to 76 maps.

for a temporary league, how would you 6l the incin totem?
Edit: Played Incin - Spell Totem - Faster Casting - IIR - Faster Projectiles - Fire Pen in a Tabula
any reason you use a dagger with spellcrit and mult? we're not really critting are we?
Edit: spellcrit / mult is not effective unless we curse with assassin's mark, then the multi would be a tiny bit useful

a dagger with spelldamage, projectile speed and flat ele damage would be quite good?
Edit: dagger with spelldamage and flat fire / elemental damage is fairly easy to get. Projectile speed is no affix for a dagger, nor is it craftable on one.

All in all, this is extremely well for grinding solo in low - mid tier maps. It also has a cheap startup cost and I could fly through normal, cruel and merciless. note that I'm using 6 sockets in the tree, using 3 unique jewels: Conqueror's Efficiency (helps with reservation, cost and duration), Spire of Stone and Rain of Splinters. In lowmaps, I could easily replace Spire of Stone since mobs don't ever stun my high lvl totems. It is really useful while levelling and in higher maps tho. Kind of my preference for the incin totems.

In the end I now wait for the ascendancy classes to be completed. We still miss 1 from Mara and Scion, the Hierophant from Templar and the Witche's Elementalist are quite lackluster to me to put it bluntly. My hope's are on a totem Mara class like hinted in the art. If we could get stuff like totem placement speed, increased totem cast speed and / or immunities this would certainly be my choice.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Feb 12, 2016, 7:16:22 AM
what makes u able to use all 3 auras when all three have 35% mana reserved?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info