(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

Added screen of the mtx look that I finally settled on as banner in OP. Pretty happy with how my guy turned out. :D

"
zj0ckez wrote:
I don´t know if someone brought this upp before but i have a problem with reflect dmg monster. And that ain´t good in hc. What should i do? i have low budget

With all the core pieces in place this build does not have an issue with reflect damage monsters in regular maps in my experience. Your profile is public so I can't look at your character to evaluate. Once you have your ascendencies done you have -50% reflected damage and perma leech... it's just not an issue.

You can even run ele reflect maps by simply swapping added fire for life leech, and turning of hatred or switching it for grace.

"
nbriles2000 wrote:
Will this build be a good league starter/ lab farmer in 3.0?

In my opinion, yes, but we don't know the details of 3.0 in terms of balance yet so it's impossible to respond. There is nothing I expect to see nerfed about the build, and I expect life to be buffed in general. I AM GUESSING this build will see a solid buff in 3.0 in terms of life pool, and through this, general sustain (faster leech from slayer).
Last edited by demopolos on Apr 27, 2017, 10:22:14 PM
"
zj0ckez wrote:
I don´t know if someone brought this upp before but i have a problem with reflect dmg monster. And that ain´t good in hc. What should i do? i have low budget

THe build has -50% reflected damage. If that's not enough for ya, don't know what to say.

Doesnt matter what build you play, you will die, it's inevitable. Too many variables, it will happen. The best "HC viable" build is to not play HC unless you enjoy starting over.
"
"
zj0ckez wrote:

THe build has -50% reflected damage. If that's not enough for ya, don't know what to say.

Doesnt matter what build you play, you will die, it's inevitable. Too many variables, it will happen. The best "HC viable" build is to not play HC unless you enjoy starting over.

I think the problem the first was that i went for Champion instead of Slayer, Now i´m going for slayer instead.

next Question is Chaos resistence, Is it important to have or is flask enough?

regards Cainsy
"
zj0ckez wrote:
"
"
zj0ckez wrote:

I think the problem the first was that i went for Champion instead of Slayer, Now i´m going for slayer instead.

next Question is Chaos resistence, Is it important to have or is flask enough?

regards Cainsy

Chaos damage is always dangerous. Avoid poison puddles which can ( reaaaally) hurt and carry something like

Basically, it's too difficult to stack chaos resist. It's a suffix just like cold or fire or lightning. If you manage to get a little bit, great.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 1, 2017, 11:38:44 AM
Hi demopolos

I want to say thank you for this awesome build.
I just started playing PoE since Legacy League and tried 3 other different build:
- The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist
- Ice shot range
- Cyclone tanky build

This is the most enjoyable build i have played or seen.

Can you say me what you would upgrade next??

my char:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Isol4tor/characters

Best ragards

Isolator
no time for league due to work :( i wanna make full use outta my remaining currency at standard legacy league. what should i buy(to bring over to standard)? i have 3ex.
these are the gears i have on standard. advises? buy steel ring bases for essence crafting? or will i be better off saving the currency for other gears? since i already have some crafted steel rings

Last edited by eddiec93 on May 2, 2017, 3:37:02 AM
I remember I had some trobule with both physical and elemental reflect mods too, just because the damage output in the endgame is huge, and even with 50% reduced reflected damage taken can be a problem. But this is just a minor issue as many other builds have hard times facing reflected damage, at first times I remember instakilling myself while mapping with reflect, but later on it just takes a little practice and more care and it won't be a problem.
For elemental reflect, I used to swap added fire damage for life leech support, for phys reflect, I swap melee physical damage support with life leech support. Or to be safer, engage just small packs of monsters, while dropping Ancestral warchief as often as possible, the totem will do the work for you (it will be a bit slower but a lot safer).
you could even swap shield charge for ancestral warchief in the chest and shield charge in the 4 link, doing this way I cleared some T15 with reflect just using the totem.
doing guardians with reflect is still dangerous though, I wouldn't do them while leveling
After spending 6 exalt in fusing, trying to 6 link a Astral plate, I'm done for the league. Heck, reevaluating playing this game in general. The rich get richer, the poor stay poor. Not fun.
"
Isol4tor wrote:
Hi demopolos

I want to say thank you for this awesome build.
I just started playing PoE since Legacy League and tried 3 other different build:
- The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist
- Ice shot range
- Cyclone tanky build

This is the most enjoyable build i have played or seen.

Can you say me what you would upgrade next??

my char:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Isol4tor/characters

Best ragards

Isolator

Hey man! Happy you had a good experience with the build. Overall your setup is v solid.

My loose upgrade order for you would be:
-blessed your meginords higher
-blessed armageddon loop higher (or replace with similar but t1 life)... always get 4-14 here it's cheap and is a lot of dmg
-look for similar ammy with life (i know it's hard with your deafening roll... but lack of life here really hurts), you would probly be better with regular t1 phys and a good life roll
-get 40 % dmg or 15 % speed on your helm enchant
-replace your 3 mod jewels with 4 mod jewels

As always tho, try to just get whatever u can find the cheapest if there is a good deal on a viable upgrade.

"
eddiec93 wrote:
no time for league due to work :( i wanna make full use outta my remaining currency at standard legacy league. what should i buy(to bring over to standard)? i have 3ex.
these are the gears i have on standard. advises? buy steel ring bases for essence crafting? or will i be better off saving the currency for other gears? since i already have some crafted steel rings

Since your setup is pretty complete, i would just look for good deals on potential upgrades, and bring 1-2 really solid items back.

I'd look for:
-6L astral (you can get the cards for a white one, and craft yourself, or snipe a rare one)
-already rolled deafening steel ring
-Ammy with t1 life and phys and more supporting res/atts than yours
-dying sun if you don't own one
-similar boots with higher life and/or more res/str or armour base

Hope this helps!

"
Giammafix wrote:
I remember I had some trobule with both physical and elemental reflect mods too, just because the damage output in the endgame is huge, and even with 50% reduced reflected damage taken can be a problem. But this is just a minor issue as many other builds have hard times facing reflected damage, at first times I remember instakilling myself while mapping with reflect, but later on it just takes a little practice and more care and it won't be a problem.
For elemental reflect, I used to swap added fire damage for life leech support, for phys reflect, I swap melee physical damage support with life leech support. Or to be safer, engage just small packs of monsters, while dropping Ancestral warchief as often as possible, the totem will do the work for you (it will be a bit slower but a lot safer).
you could even swap shield charge for ancestral warchief in the chest and shield charge in the 4 link, doing this way I cleared some T15 with reflect just using the totem.
doing guardians with reflect is still dangerous though, I wouldn't do them while leveling

Ahh I thought he was asking about dealing with reflect mobs in normal maps, not reflect maps. Yea ele reflect map mod is definitely doable with simple change... for me just dropped added fire for life leech is enough. We can turn off hatred/hoa if needed too. I don't recommend running physical reflect maps in general for leveling. You could take off melee phys for LL and try , but it just seems too much of a hassle to be worth it.

"
After spending 6 exalt in fusing, trying to 6 link a Astral plate, I'm done for the league. Heck, reevaluating playing this game in general. The rich get richer, the poor stay poor. Not fun.

I feel your pain. I never 6L anything with fuse because i seem to have the worst RNG. The last time i tried i literally used over 4k fuse and never linked the item. Since then I only use vorici for 6L or buy as is. Sorry to hear it man!
same, I never six linked anything, my rng is the worst ever.
anyway, unless the map with reflect mod is a t16, spamming the ancestral warchief totem full buffed and flasked will do the work safely.
it will take longer and relying just on that totem can be risky anyway vs certain bosses, but I have saved some rare corrupted maps this way :D
Last edited by Giammafix on May 5, 2017, 5:20:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info