Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

Looks amazing, I've spotted three issues though.

One: Are these trials going to be or even only just feel mandatory(in either missing skills or replacing endgame). As feeling forced to do something isn't fun at all. I hate another game's rifts endgame, is this going to be anything like that?
Two: How will the traps work with minion builds? Will the minions keep dying instantly, making it a terribad place for summoners?
Three: Slow classes, will trap rooms be combined with monsters? Some classes/skills can only be used when standing still. And will this make movement skills like whirling blades/lightning warp etc, mandatory to use(due to trap speed)?

Other than that, it looks amazing!

PS: I actually like that the new skills are overpowered(or atleast seem that way), that would mean every build/skill can now become very powerful/feel overpowered. It would also mean every skill can be used, and not just the select few!
Last edited by sarannah101 on Nov 20, 2015, 5:18:35 PM
Looks excellent, really great stuff GGG :D

First thoughts:

PROS:
- a new activity to do every day, any variety that pulls away and cuts the monotony from endless maps is great in my books! :) Once all the passives are obtained it becomes optional, hopefully a worthy option.
- linked to the above, a new objective and goal is cool.
- Some people will really like this kind of dungeon play, finding secret stuff etc, and being optional means that those that don't can just skip it.
- New boss, cool!
- Traps etc will be a nice overall addition to other thematically appropriate areas, as long as not overdone. Having to pay attention to this might be really good.
- Finally each class will truly matter and have its own flavour. You can still start wherever you want, but for many builds a specific class will be better. In terms of pure customisation, seems great, not to mention replayability - now we'll have a reason to do specific classes and even specific ascendancy builds. Huge mind blowing changes.

CONS:
- the first and most obvious con is that some of ascendancy nodes seem too good. I assume its going to take quite a while (especially in a new league) to get all the skill points, but the main nodes seem too strong. I'm going to trust GGG's judgement, I'm sure they don't want excessive power creep. The overall idea is good, and some ideas behind the nodes are great for making up for build weaknesses etc, but as they are? we'll see... having said that they need to be worth doing...it'll be tough to balance, no doubt.
- We will lose some of the build 'variety' that exists. Some classes will simply be better than others for certain gameplay, and in a way thats a pity. But personally I'm ready for a change!
- Traps may be a bit annoying if not well implemented. I'm also worried that if they are physical damage based then that will make evasion/acro even weaker than it is now, and this would be terrible for defense variety (which imo is the worst part of awakening, physical damage spikes made ev/acro practically useless).
They may also force builds to over-rely on movement skills, but in all honesty there are plenty of great options at the moment anyway (whirling blades, lightning warp,leap slam, flame dash, phase run, arrows etc). Maybe they will add 1-2 more movement skills.
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Nov 20, 2015, 5:00:36 PM
So, potential issue.

What if we have 20+ characters.

Does each individual character have to go and do 6 trial runs per difficulty x say, 10 minutes, and 45 minute labyrinth runs x3, in order to complete the Ascendency for each of their existing characters?

That's 6x10m + 3x45m, or 60m + 2h15m or ~3-3.5 hours per character, x 20 characters, = 60 hours to Ascend all my characters.

Obviously it'll be faster in earlier difficulties for finished builds but you get the point, that's a lot of legwork in order to catch characters up.

So my question: will existing Merciless characters get the Normal and Cruel Ascendant points automatically?
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Do you think, Labirinth will increase the player base? Maybe will be the opposite.

Game should be more user friendly and less for 1% of nolifer, googler player... imho
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
I feel this are gonna be awesome. Good job guys, btw the hype is real :D
Last edited by xDagel on Nov 20, 2015, 5:01:53 PM
Holy .. shit :O

The HYPE is real!
That looks so good :-O

EDIT: Wondering if you can add the ascendancy mod on uniq items ?
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
Last edited by Cactus_CZ on Nov 20, 2015, 5:09:07 PM
O
M
F
G

:D
last ranger class will be for melee or should I delete my hero now?
So these ascendant sections have a tab in/out button right? They don't actually cover those parts of the skill tree like the shadow ascendant class covering up the life/energy shield nodes do they?
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info