how many hours playing you've?

Several thousand by now.

Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 21, 2015, 12:50:52 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Yet the damn PoE masochist elites think that it should take 5K or even 10K hours to get to level 100.

Oh wow. It doesnt take anywhere near that. Even in the regular game it's nowhere near that, and if you play Brokenshrines it only takes about 10 days lol.
"
elpeleq42 wrote:
Let's see if anybody here is more addicted than me xD
I have 387 hours of game

387 hours is lightweight in the poe community xD I'm currently sitting at 1.7k, but still feel a little light weight. prob going to atleast double that number before I get bored with the game, if I ever do that is.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
580 on steam
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Yet the damn PoE masochist elites think that it should take 5K or even 10K hours to get to level 100.

Oh wow. It doesnt take anywhere near that. Even in the regular game it's nowhere near that, and if you play Brokenshrines it only takes about 10 days lol.

No, I don't mean that it actually takes that long. I mean the PoE elite masochists would like GGG to increase XP required to reach level 100 so that they (the elites with their faster XP accruing capabilities) would need that many hours to get to level 100. The best players are able to rush a build to 100 in 1 month so (in theory) that is only 31 x 24 = 744 hours (round up to 750 hours for this discussion). I see 3 months as more reasonable for elites so 750 * 3 = 2250 hours. If you take out at least 6 hours for sleeping/eating/farting/etc. then we're down to 2250 - (6 * 31 * 3) = 1692 hours or approx 1700 hours to level 100.

Since most of us can't play PoE like it's a full time job (or just don't want to slave a single game this much) then somewhere around half that time should be the target for grinding a build to level 100. So that means if I were to average 4 hours a day then 850 / 4 = 212.5 = 6.85 months. I've always thought that 2/3rds to 3/4ths of a year for players to grind a build to 100 should be the norm so if there is any validity in my numbers and thinking here then GGG is in the ball park on the time grind to level 100.

How this all equates in the minds of the devs is unclear to me where GGG wants to set the time grind for a level 100 build. The near recent doubling of XP going from 99 to 100 because Chris didn't like the top players racing to 100 in a temp league as fast as they are is very troublesome for me as that is only a handful of 100s of thousands of active players and thus GGG shouldn't focus on the few that know how to min/max and generate the most XP/hour to race to 100.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Nov 21, 2015, 11:11:15 AM
And I thought I was bad with my near 3000 (2900+++) hours of game time. Then again, I started in 2014 AND had a half a year break....
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
My first highest played in steam is DOTA with 8k hours. POE comes second with 1480 hours (Started this May, began playing regularly from 2.0 release)

Tbh, almost half of that time must be mimised time/login screen/hideout etc. The game takes a long time to open, so i rarely ever close it. N steam timer just logs all that xD
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info