High latency!

"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
The problem in this instance seems to have been local problems combined with problems with the routing of the ISP.

It is possible your issues are game or patch related, but I'd suggest creating a fresh thread of your own detailing the specifics of your situation.

Please remember to post as much detail as possible including WinMTR results and folks around here will be happy to take a look.

Cheers Puku371!

Right after installing patch and loading game up ping on EU servers went from ~30 to 220~, i mean hell, i`m from EU and i have 130ms~ on US servers and 220ms~ on EU right now. Doesn`t make any sense, didn`t post it on forums as i thought it`s just an issue right after patch, but it persists after a few days now.
We'll all be happy to help, but you have to stop hijacking this thread because it's quite possibly unrelated to your problem, and the person who created this thread did so do get help with his/her troubles.

Create a new thread with the details I mentioned, and it will get looked at. If you post the information I mentioned before I promise I will look at it.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
before the newest patch everything was fine.. now I have lag spikes with 1k ping and auto dc.

simple question

wtf
"
placemaker wrote:
before the newest patch everything was fine.. now I have lag spikes with 1k ping and auto dc.

simple question

wtf

Simple answer, don't hijack someone elses' thread. If you want help, read the stickies and post the information we need to help you in your own thread.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
I'm contributing!
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 16, 2015, 7:04:34 PM
"
placemaker wrote:

simple question

wtf

1) Please create your own thread. Read the Sticky posts for more information.
2) If you have a problem you would like addressed, please provide the necessary information.

It's not as cut and dry as "it worked before patch". It's not a binary system. There are a LOT of factors which play into all the various parts of the game and network that can cause issues. We need more information to help with those.
So I even contacted with company that provides for me internet they checked fixed what they can and said should work fine now and nop still ping (latency) high 250+
So GGG maybe really start doing something? I'v seen now allot posts about high latency.
So far MTR results - http://pastebin.com/70g8EX74
EDIT - NVM, because of all the stuff that has happened since I didn't recognize you as the OP.
My bad.

If your ISP won't help you with this problem, one thing a few folks have had success with has been running a VPN to bypass troublesome routes. It isn't 100% effective, but it would be worth a try.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Last edited by MaxTheLimit on Nov 19, 2015, 1:47:07 PM
This is the main problem with thread hijacking. Can't even recognize the original poster.

Looks like there are 2 issues.

1) You have latency on your first hop. Try power-cycling your network hardware.

2) A peering issue with Telia.

There's another thread about the telia issue, but you'll need to likely escalate through your ISP and provide them a copy of the trace.
Last edited by Drakier on Nov 19, 2015, 1:31:20 PM
Now all works fine it was GGG problem or telia.net problem cause my ISP did nothing it just fixed it self now latency is 30-50 like it was after 8 days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info