Ranger Racing

I agree with the "equip it and leave it" mentality for your 3L. It's a bit like movespeed boots, I'd only swap these out for boss fights and so on. I tend to go for the gloves there, since I need 2 green sockets after Hillock.

My Vaal Kill yesterday was a great example of "how to waste transmutes and trips to town". I didn't get an alch, so I kept transmuting/vendoring rings and what have you, only to forget saving a transmute to get Added Cold/Fire for Vaal. It was dismal fighting Vaal only with a 40 DPS bow... I think it took me almos 7 minutes (!).

Ciao,
udergl
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Sometimes in Merveil kill races I'll get added cold for the reduced gear reliance, but I haven't done any conclusive tests as to whether having a faster boss kill by a few damage points makes up for a slower time killing packs to get there.

because ice shot already has an aoe effeect without lmp, i think it makes no big difference if any, as you deal more damage. the prison and cavern designs are tighter and there are not many spacey rooms that you could fully profit from the spreading ice shot.
thats why i switch to roa at lvl12 coz then u get an aoe with the added cold and only need 2 sockets, with 3L u can even have 2 nice add damage, instead of sacrificing a socket for the aoe.

im not sure but i think the clearspeed with roa is a bit faster than ice shot, im just missing shooting offscreen.

edit: i mean this related to normal races. for example in races like headhunter i prefer ice shot+lmp with all the mods u get from the rares.
Last edited by rushjo on Nov 18, 2015, 6:40:36 PM
"
rushjo wrote:
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Sometimes in Merveil kill races I'll get added cold for the reduced gear reliance, but I haven't done any conclusive tests as to whether having a faster boss kill by a few damage points makes up for a slower time killing packs to get there.

because ice shot already has an aoe effeect without lmp, i think it makes no big difference if any, as you deal more damage. the prison and cavern designs are tighter and there are not many spacey rooms that you could fully profit from the spreading ice shot.
thats why i switch to roa at lvl12 coz then u get an aoe with the added cold and only need 2 sockets, with 3L u can even have 2 nice add damage, instead of sacrificing a socket for the aoe.

im not sure but i think the clearspeed with roa is a bit faster than ice shot, im just missing shooting offscreen.

edit: i mean this related to normal races. for example in races like headhunter i prefer ice shot+lmp with all the mods u get from the rares.

The reason why I go LMP ice shot is because the 3 cones can all hit a single target when they overlap, which is especially powerful when you swap it out for Lightning Arrow. The small damage penalty to single-target dps is more than made up for the fact that some monsters are getting hit 2x or even 3x with a single volley.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info