Verizon Fios vs Texas/LA servers/Washington

"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
Damn sorry to hear about the trouble.

Good luck with this guy:

HAHAHA! And... unfortunately so true.

I hate Verizon as an ISP for home, but as a mobile 3G/4G they're good for me. I use Comcast (Xfinity) and they're solid right now. But it's true, many are lucky to have just one other option. Even other ISPs often contract through the big names and their networks.

Any ways, OP, I feel for you. I had my run of Comcast issues with failing networks in my state last year and it was a month until they resolved serious package loss issues. Glad you kept pressuring their support team: only way to put a fire under their arse sometimes.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hi Hegemony,

I'm in the same situation with the same ISP. Noticing exactly your description of the situation: Sometimes an instance is fine, sometimes it completely craps out. Definitely loads of issues with the Washington gateway. Could you tell me the latest news from your end and possibly how you got in touch with them / how you supplied them with data? I'm thinking of kicking up some additional dirt, maybe that gives a higher chance of getting stuff done..
Same issue. On FIOS in the DC area, tried both the DC and Texas gateways, some instances are fine with a ping of 10-20, some instances will spike up to several hundred milliseconds. If I end up in an instance with bad lag spikes, I usually try to recreate the instance once or twice to see if I luck out and get an instance that's smooth, but it's like a 50/50 chance. Ran WinMTR against the DC login gateway and didn't see anything that stood out.
Worth noting that since a week ago, I am no longer having these issues when using the Texas realm (stable 60ms). AFAIK issues still exist with the DC realm.
It's back. The case of the bad Verizon hops is back.

Save us baby Jesus...
grrrr its 1-11-2016 and i'm still getting crazy spikes with Fios in cali :( I don't even feel like playing with is lag.
No improvement for me Day 9.

RIP POE
Its not just a PoE issue. Something is seriously wrong with Verizon/Frontier's service. All data going through the Seattle hub gets packet loss (aka everything). I personally can't speak for other areas, but sounds like their problems are system wide.

Its less obvious with simple web traffic. However any programs requiring a steady stream of UDP/TCP packets to stay "connected" will fail. This includes virtually all online games, video streaming (sending or receiving), and file transfer.

I've had Fios ever since it was first released. Up until now its always been great. I plan to just sit it out for a bit longer and see what happens.

Edit: Called Frontier and was told their Seattle systems are past capacity, and has been so since before Christmas. They are "Working on the problem but have no ETA".
Last edited by mjinspace on Jan 12, 2016, 12:25:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info