2.0.5b Patch Notes

HAI GUISE
the realm crash does not seem to be fixed... just DC'ed 3 times and couldn't log back in... and when i did get in i had super crazy ping! :( i died but i am on SC so no worrys
support@grindinggear.com plz help me... my update through steam will not download... i'm not getting even 0.01 bytes... 0% downloading...i dont know what is wrong... yesterday game ran fine but now this morning update required and it wont budge even a little .. i've tried loads of things on steam support and videos on youtube but none have worked... im not great at computers, so i cannot diagnose my problem at all... i dont know if its steam or the recent update... and steam havn't been any help so far in steam support... plz help asap
I've logged in 3 times in the last week and have had a grueling wait each time for updates. it takes long enough for the game to load normally, let alone the 15 - 20 minute patches. please stop it.
"
Rintaro82 wrote:
I've logged in 3 times in the last week and have had a grueling wait each time for updates. it takes long enough for the game to load normally, let alone the 15 - 20 minute patches. please stop it.

The updates aren't that big, so this sounds like an internet speed issue. I suggest upgrading your internet. I play tethered off of a 3g signal with 1 bar most of the time and the updates take 10 minutes at max. Don't blame ggg for that.
"
Tripartist1 wrote:
"
Rintaro82 wrote:

The updates aren't that big, so this sounds like an internet speed issue. I suggest upgrading your internet. I play tethered off of a 3g signal with 1 bar most of the time and the updates take 10 minutes at max. Don't blame ggg for that.

And i suggest that you shouldn't give advice if you clearly don't know what you are talking about. I have a verry high speed connection with download and upload speeds that can reach 8-10 mb/s depending on source. My steam patches for POE get downloaded at around 4-5 mb/s usually and stil the game takes a minimum of 15-20 minutes to instal the patch even if it's a 5 mb patch. This problem is known to alot of people for a long time now, while you clearly have no ideea but tell people to buy better internet connection.
"
And i suggest that you shouldn't give advice if you clearly don't know what you are talking about. I have a verry high speed connection with download and upload speeds that can reach 8-10 mb/s depending on source. My steam patches for POE get downloaded at around 4-5 mb/s usually and stil the game takes a minimum of 15-20 minutes to instal the patch even if it's a 5 mb patch. This problem is known to alot of people for a long time now, while you clearly have no ideea but tell people to buy better internet connection.

I play on low end everything. Shitty Laptop, shitty connection. I have no issues with installing (or even downloading) patches, most of the time I wait maybe 3 seconds for the patch to install. If it's not the DL, then maybe it's the machine. Installing a patch is nothing but writing to the HDD. Maybe that's where the issues are. A poorly maintained machine can cause issues as well, even on a beast of a computer.

Show me where GGG has admitted that there is an issue with the client installing patches and I will admit I am in the wrong here. If this is the case, why have they not prioritized this? This would fall under a stability issue, and should be taken care of before adding content.
Last edited by Tripartist1 on Nov 11, 2015, 3:40:52 AM
It's a known issue that the poe launcher often hangs at the "Checking resources" screen for anywhere from 1minute to 60 minutes without doing anything. Just google "poe launcher stuck at checking" and youll find the threads with GGG confirmation that you want.

MY question is, what was the patch today for?
Ign: Shaavu
Last edited by shaazu on Nov 13, 2015, 9:04:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info