Our Protectors??

No it wasn't and I do agree with what you are saying.
"
SkyCore wrote:

What is law but the enforcement of violations of the common good.

This is like saying that math is the enforcement of violations of numerical errors.

Law is not enforcement. To put it in larger perspective, in the USA there is a legislative branch (which write laws) and an executive branch, which executes the laws.

The police and judicial system enforce the laws, but they do not make the laws.

"
SkyCore wrote:
To get lost in the tradition and lose sight of this is to no longer be of value to society and instead perpetuate a corrupted oppressive regime.

When laws are willy nilly ignored because of emotional instincts, you end up with mob justice, such as a would be purse snatcher being beaten into a vegetable.

I think it is a good thing to be vigilant over the actions taken by enforcing agencies, but if the public isn't paying attention until bad laws are already in place, than the public has failed miserably.

IE - if the public doesn't like having a police officer being legally able to put themselves in harm's way and then shoot anyone who attempts to harm them, then the public needs to address their ire towards the legislative (and possibly administrative) bodies that made such actions legal.

There are lots of bad laws passed all the time, and the public is blissfully unaware of them because they seldom make any effort at all to pay attention to their government.

What the OP should really be concerned about is not this particular shooting, or the outcome, but the continued allowance of these "sting" operations in which the police offer something illicit and illegal to the public in an attempt to make their prosecution numbers look better and pad the department budgets.

It isn't a harmless operation, and most of the people they snare aren't doing a large harm to society. These stings can go wrong very quickly, and when drugs are involved the police assume the "perps" are very likely to be violent, which results in an inordinate amount of needless shootings.

It is clear over the last few years that far too many of the "citizens" have no concept of how to control themselves and behave rationally. Their "me, Me ME!" attitude gets them killed killed killed.

That isn't to say that what the police do is always right, but rather to say that when you start poking a tiger with a sharp stick, you had better be prepared to accept the consequences.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, isn't thinking.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I mean... there are a lot of things wrong here.

First off, you don't fucking approach a car with a handgun drawn unless you have justifiable belief that having a weapon prepped is necessary. That's just begging for someone to panic. I know I'd get pretty spooked if someone, even a police officer, walked up to me with gun in hand.

That being said... if a police officer walks up to you with gun in hand, don't try to drive away. You're just asking for trouble at that point. Stop whatever you're doing, listen to the officer, understand that there's probably a reason that they've approached you.

Errors on both sides. Also, even though the kid drove off, you don't just open fire like that... Get the car's license plate and then report it to your base, don't blow two holes in the driver.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info