[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
Rearguard better than Drillneck?

Drillneck is pretty garbage for this build. Pierce is bad, you'd be better with a rare over drillneck.

"
As i didn't recive an answer a few pages back i figured i would just re post it again).So i got a question regarding Empower, so i almost got one to level 2 and i am starting to wonder if i should vaal it and hope for +1, but would a lv3 empower be even worth it? (also only have a 5L quill atm)

Empower is really only good on a 6L. Best to vaal gems when you have a backup (if the result is critical and it can become useless like empower), but since you can't really effectively use it yet, you can just wait.

On to me, beccause I'm cool.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBA3UDlgSzBg4J2Qn2C2EOPBBiFCAUTRRxFm8YVhhdGJEaOBpsHNwgWSSqJbwnLyftKPox-zWSNuk6UjrYOuE7KDwFPC0870GHRZ1N41BHU1JWSFh3XwRfP2BDaHRo8m49bztyqXaseA15aH_jggeCm4LHgwmDX4PMhFOPGpBVkSuUoJitmjua4J2un9-iAKZXpwipbq9stfK3PriTvJ--gMAawGbBBMRYxPbGrspGz37UfNgk2E3Yvdl82mLbT9-_4MPireNq6hjr7uw47w7vfO_98B_yRfKX9kj3Mvjr-ej8S_4K_o8=

Elezerkerlist is quite nice, especially with my very nicely rolled Silver Flask. Testing out the %damage consecrated ground one, as it provides lots of regen which is nice, but we tend to keep moving. Using Blood Rage since I don't want to use frenzy (and dual cursing). I hit like 6.25aps with onslaught flask + 4 frenzies, whee.

Can't use a Kaoms until I link my bow, sadly. Just leveling a billion EA's in the meantime.

Have something like 6.6k hp with that gear on. Really good afaik, esp for no kaoms, as the 34% hp is a complete waste.

VP seems hard to justify. You can run reflect maps, but then it'd feel like no-regen maps which is pretty terror. Perhaps VP on a MoM variant?
Last edited by PhysoniumI on Mar 20, 2016, 11:20:59 PM
@brunowa nice setup man, good to see that you are farming Atziri. Can you please give some feedback by doing Tier 9 or higher maps. What are your thoughts on Elementalist? I've taken raider + vaal pact, but I might change it if yours is going good. Thank you.

@foojin I've started using your vaal pact build, but its very flask dependent, I have to skip bosses like oak (Tier9). Also can you please post your gear setup. Thank you.
"
@brunowa nice setup man, good to see that you are farming Atziri. Can you please give some feedback by doing Tier 9 or higher maps. What are your thoughts on Elementalist? I've taken raider + vaal pact, but I might change it if yours is going good. Thank you.

Hey man. Yep doing t9to t11 is a piece of cake. I can simply face tank guys like oak because defenses are so good. Haven't tried t12 yet just because i don't have any of those... But the way the build plays on t11 I'm sure it would have no issues.

As i mentioned previously i reckon raider is overrated. Elementist is great... damage reduction... fire penetration... increased damage... What's there not to like :)
Last edited by brunowa on Mar 20, 2016, 11:54:13 PM
@PhysoniumI
Can't see tree but Looks solid.

Blood rage is a nice idea. Will give it a try along with deirdres as my res are also over leveled.

Looks like you don't have a single target detup but i assume this is just temporary.

You'll notice a nice boost when you get your kaoms.

And your quill rain setup totally dominates :)
"
Papech wrote:
why u don't use elemental focus?

Because it then means we can't ignite and burn enemies to smithereens.
I'm not precisely sure what to use for a second curse. Warlords mark is super nice because of the leech and endurance charges. Have pretty high mitigation from those most of the time, and when I'm taking heavy damage, I get a pretty lengthy Immortal Call. Other options include Elemental Weakness for a bit more damage, dropping Blood Rage and going for Poachers Mark, or using Temporal Chains/Enfeeble. Temp Chains is bad because it increases duration of fuses though, which can be really annoying.

My preference would be Flamability > Warlords / Ele Weak > Enfeeble > Temp Chains.

Yeah, lack of single-target is temporary likely. Either a secondary quill rain swap or continue using my belly, not sure. Kaoms is just so good :L

I do quite a bit of party mapping, so I just carry their sorry asses in clearing the map and let them handle the bosses. The biggest upgrade I could concievably use would actually be having a culling strike quill rain, to have a much higher chance to get Elementalist Conflux.

Other dreams include headhunter, which would be only usable with a culling strike quill rain when in parties. Couldn't dual curse, could only use Devoto's/Quill Rain/Kaoms/Rearguard/Headhunter to still cap res easily, but damn you'd be a mapping monster. At that budget, a wander is hard to say no to though.

So far though, this build is a helluva lot of fun to play. Love those linear maps with extra rare mobs, just chaining Conflux constantly ;) So much damage thanks to shocking/igniting the universe.
Last edited by PhysoniumI on Mar 21, 2016, 12:51:55 AM
Just been testing Blood Rage and I quite like it... if you keep killing fast you don't need to keep casting it and you maintain full frenzy charges and great attack speed. Great for mapping.

It also means I can again use Rain of Arrows for curse which has much greater spread then frenzy.

Setup below... Blood Rage is currently only level 13 so plenty of room for natural improvement here too:

I'd remove it for Atziri runs though because it eats into the life regen.
Last edited by brunowa on Mar 21, 2016, 7:14:54 AM
"
brunowa wrote:
"
Papech wrote:

But isnt the ignite/burn damage pretty negligible
"
TheCreatek wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:
"
Papech wrote:

But isnt the ignite/burn damage pretty negligible

For sure not, it really melts allot of tougher mods.
Hello,

Can you please update the skill tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info