[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
panisch wrote:
"
mmogamr wrote:
Any other advice?

EO uptime is not quite 100%, even when nonstop fighting, sometimes it just drops out (which could be a result of having only 81% hitchance). but it's relatively reliable.

Is it needed though? EA has plenty of damage already. I would prefer more movement speed, life, or even a resist node on the tree if that would mean being able to wear a Magic find ring/ammy...
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Last edited by xchokeholdx on Mar 9, 2016, 6:23:53 AM
I swap the helm in on maps with eleW just to cap fire so i dont offscreen to reflect otherwise i use Devato's I have quite a bit of acc on jewellery, ideally i want a arm/eva helm, with a dex or acc roll and double resist, life and arm/eva %/# and or rarity, gloves and two stone ring were self found, 4 life nodes left to get and im 8300 hp, lv 95 will give me two more jewels, ive been buying magic jewels for 2-3c each with life and one damage roll and regal + praying for a second damage roll. Using the higher life % rips myself.

I have a good bit more acc on my jewellery than most, about 87% chance to hit, i consider it worth and people don't seem to search that hard for jewellery/gloves/helm with acc, one or two items with the t1 321-400 acc roll will get me up to 90%, EO uptime is 100%

Update on my gear just for the hell of it;

Can't link jewels while they are slotted? :/

Ive got a 7% life 6% mana 11% AoE dmg, 5% life 11% Proj, 7% life 10% proj, 16% fire 5% life some crit chance, 7% life 11% proj some crit chance.

Saving for the 6L quill rain's now, pretty set on getting lv 95 to finish what i want in the build.
Also looking update to 6L quill rain, for high lvl maps need rare good defence helmet and, thats all.

"
foojin wrote:
Awesome reply thanks allot.

- Koam's > I didn't knew that it doesn't have a movement penalty, so that is nice to learn :)

- Frenzy charge > I also use blood dance so I get to the max quicker. Also you get 18% more duration for charges.

- Armor is 'only' 48% as there is a 24% EV/AR node.

Having that said I still feel it's a toss up between the two trees. I'm curious if I can manage to get the 'duelist' version working with so many uniques (koam / devo / blood dance / quiver) and still cap resists. Right now I use some jewels\head\belly in chest to get there, but then my rings\amu\belt\boots aren't up to par. Still it will be hard.

Oh thanks, I love theorycrafting around, I spend more time in theorycrafting than playing honestly, haven't played in this account much tbh.

Hum the Ev/Ar node isn't picked in those iterations but if you really want to go with the scion tree that stops by the duelist part you should pick Cloth and Chain , and some of the accuracy nodes near the marauder or the templar , however that tree isn't that flexible , will be hard to take points here and there.

That being said if you are going to use blood dance I feel it is a bit smoother, tell me your feedback later :)
Leveling atm @ lvl 36 but having trouble killing mobs. can anyone suggest some new skill set ups that will help (fire based)? should i be buying gear off poe trade to use or just stick to self found? looking forward to explosive arrow when i switch!
"
Selvam wrote:
Leveling atm @ lvl 36 but having trouble killing mobs. can anyone suggest some new skill set ups that will help (fire based)? should i be buying gear off poe trade to use or just stick to self found? looking forward to explosive arrow when i switch!

Firestorm should be easy, especially if you specced into templar area first.

"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
Nikitonn wrote:
how i can make 6 socket quill rain bow? i have 3 sockets and it say it maximum

If it doesn't have the itemlevel, you can force it through Vorici.

That's a nice tip, thanks!
Last edited by foojin on Mar 9, 2016, 12:57:24 PM
Have one question. If we pick Raider as ascendant, will that 10% chance to gain frenzy charge be enough?Not using blood dance, ofc, but then that 10% is our only source of frenzy charges.
"
djokosrb wrote:
Have one question. If we pick Raider as ascendant, will that 10% chance to gain frenzy charge be enough?Not using blood dance, ofc, but then that 10% is our only source of frenzy charges.

I am quite sure that it will not be . Then again it's one of those 'play and see' .
You will need other option so you can have perma onslaught , one of which is the Frenzy skill , using it sometimes through the map to keep the stacks maxed.

The other option is my personal favourite for mapping: blood rage, even though you have those nasty 4% PHYSICAL degen
Wrong information
keep in mind that you can easily mitigate it to half (2%) with armour , easily just getting 1% degen late game with nice gear with it ,
gaining from it 20% attack speed at all times (lvl 20 20%q blood rage gem) and more reliable frenzy charge generation at the cost of degen.
Last edited by Ryuri_yamamoto on Mar 9, 2016, 5:07:18 PM
"
The other option is my personal favourite for mapping: blood rage, even though you have those nasty 4% PHYSICAL degen keep in mind that you can easily mitigate it to half (2%) with armour

Armor doesn't mitigate blood rage degen.
"
Selvam wrote:

I struggled with leveling too until about 32ish... then I got myself a Tabula and ran Flame Totem + Incinerate and have been creaming content ever since... now level 50 and about to swap int EA.

In 6L tabula, go Flame Totem + Incinerate + LMP/GMP + Fire Penetration + Added Chaos Damage + Mana Leech. If you decide to go Firestorm you can swap out LMP/GMP and Mana Leech for something more useful.

Also, get 2x one-handed maces/scepters with added or increased damage.

Then... you will CREAM everything and your enjoyment factor will skyrocket while leveling :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info