[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

NiceBuild

notttttttttttttttttttttt
Last edited by Drevvska on Oct 31, 2015, 4:16:46 AM
"
trashs1 wrote:
can EA explosions shotgun? if yes, isnt it better use allways incr aoe to get more explosions overlaped and shotgun?

I only use conc at atziri herself, the overlap at minion wouldnt be as strong as conc; if there even is overlap. Was never 100% sure but it looked like the explosions itself can "shotgun"

"
NiceBuild

notttttttttttttttttttttt

classy as always dro ^^
What's your opinion on getting acrobatics and just using eva gear along with kaom's heart?

You lose 30-36% life and 40-50% fire damage but you gain 40% dodge(+66% average EHP) and 30% spell dodge.

You also get a bunch of dex, which you can swap affixes around for more fire damage/attack speed on rings for example, or just get +50 strength.

Was thinking 8000 life with 40/30 dodge and 40% base evasion would be way tankier 99.99% of the time than 9000ish life with 7500 base armor, the diff vs elemental/chaos sources would be insane.

Also how effective do you really think attack speed skill points are? We attack 3x a second baseline, probably 4.5-5 just from gem quality/affixes/gear, wouldn't getting more actual damage or hp be better? all you really need is to do a 5 stack and entire packs die.
Last edited by AmbushRacer on Oct 31, 2015, 1:32:55 PM
"
AmbushRacer wrote:
What's your opinion on getting acrobatics and just using eva gear along with kaom's heart?

You lose 30-36% life and 40-50% fire damage but you gain 40% dodge(+66% average EHP) and 30% spell dodge.

You also get a bunch of dex, which you can swap affixes around for more fire damage/attack speed on rings for example, or just get +50 strength.

Was thinking 8000 life with 40/30 dodge and 40% base evasion would be way tankier 99.99% of the time than 9000ish life with 7500 base armor, the diff vs elemental/chaos sources would be insane.

Also how effective do you really think attack speed skill points are? We attack 3x a second baseline, probably 4.5-5 just from gem quality/affixes/gear, wouldn't getting more actual damage or hp be better? all you really need is to do a 5 stack and entire packs die.

Alrighty my take on it,

first the attack speed; it is not neccasary but way better to play with, quill scales insanely well with AS and the step from 4 to 4.5 attacks per second (~12AS) is very noticable in clear speed. You also nearly never ever need 5 stacks to kill a pack.

The dex problem was solved by using blood dance boots, i didnt adjust the rings yet to mirror this.

Dropping life means dropping alot of life regen and life leech which is a hit but understandable if u want to get acrobatics. What I wouldnt take tho would be the hit to armour and block, I reach 50% block and 30% spellblock with my rumis & quiver.

Looking at this it means:

loosing:
- 1500- 2000 life (thats 16-20% of our life pool)
- ~350 life regen
- some life leech
- 3k-7k armour (non rumi - rumi )
- 15%block and some spellblock
- 50% fire damage ( that is alot of fire & burning damage u are dropping there )

gaining:
- 40%dodge, 30%spell dodge
- evasion wise not much, we get alot of armour nodes for free ( life hybrids ) but no evasion nodes ( could be changed but wouldnt be as good ), and its only 2 pieces with resonable amounts of evasion.

Summing this up i dont feel like its worth it.

Dont get me wrong, it is a viable option, I would drop kaoms in this case tho and run lightning coil to get another EV piece and that phy ressistance evasion builds envy so much.

For uber atziri runs the kaoms/high life is better.

Happy Halloweeen *buhuuuu*
Last edited by IamPeyter on Oct 31, 2015, 3:43:09 PM
Considering to run this in next few-week league. Sorry for a noobish question, but can u explain why u are picking up the elem-equlibrium node? Also a levelling section will be welcome for a new EA players like me:)
Ele-equilibrium is always applied form some flat cold or lightning on rings or gloves, im levelling at the moment and it was a huge boost as soon as i got it at about lvl 42 (make sure you have no flat fire).
Last edited by Fhark on Oct 31, 2015, 5:41:09 PM
"
Emdezetius wrote:
Considering to run this in next few-week league. Sorry for a noobish question, but can u explain why u are picking up the elem-equlibrium node? Also a levelling section will be welcome for a new EA players like me:)

Fhark already answered it pretty well, quoted him below.
Essentially what happens is if u have some flat elmental non fire damage on a piece of gear and shoot an arrow ( ea, rain of arrows or even a normal attack ) u will hit him with the non fire element and thus make him weak against fire damage(= the explosion). It's probably the biggest boost in damage u can get with this build.

I'll write a guide with lvling section soon. I hope I can do that tomorrow, no promises.

"
Fhark wrote:
Ele-equilibrium is always applied form some flat cold or lightning on rings or gloves, im levelling at the moment and it was a huge boost as soon as i got it at about lvl 42 (make sure you have no flat fire).
What about reflect? With massive damage (most of it is AoE), does it really sting?
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
What about reflect? With massive damage (most of it is AoE), does it really sting?

U wont kill urself with one hit due to the high life pool but it's harsh enough that i opt for running with a ruby flask.
Can you post your tree with leveling progress ? Like With Level 19 Tree Level 38 Tree...
I wan t to try this build tomorrow in the new league.
Last edited by Seriously12x on Nov 1, 2015, 8:49:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info