[PVP] This is the end... My only friend, the end [PVP]

Look, I don't like D2's system either (I consider it to mainly be a tool to grieve unsuspecting players, especially in hardcore), but if that's what he considers interesting in a PvP system, then there's nothing wrong with saying so.
Also, please avoid making multiple threads and bumping them if you aren't adding anything new to them (the staff already reads all the threads). => "Bump" is never a good post. "I've changed my suggestion in this and that way" is a decent way of bumping a thread (if you've actually put something new in the suggestion).

So, back to the topic :
It may look surprising to a competitive PvP player, but you have to take into account non-PvP-oriented players when designing a PvP system.
What you don't want to do (and GGG has failed on the matter with Leo) is to make players feel forced to go to PvP. It's very unlikely that those players will start liking PvP, and the more PvP they feel they have to do, the more likely they'll quit the game.

Why am I bringing that up? Because any reward that is given out in PvP must not outweigh the rewards a player can get in PvE.

If you put in a reward that you can only access by playing PvP, and that reward can be good outside of PvP, a lot of players are going to feel they are being forced to go to PvP.
If you put in a reward that is too high for the amount of time spent in PvP, then, again, people are going to feel they are being forced to go to PvP.

This is something very important to take into consideration when designing PvP : it has to be rewarding, but not too much.

Also, races are hardly compatible with PvP : if there's 100 players in a level bracket, you can be sure that either it's going to be empty, either some players will be abusing it to level/grind faster if it's possible. This has already been done in cutthroat events.
bump
"
any reward that is given out in PvP must not outweigh the rewards a player can get in PvE.

If you put in a reward that you can only access by playing PvP, and that reward can be good outside of PvP, a lot of players are going to feel they are being forced to go to PvP.
If you put in a reward that is too high for the amount of time spent in PvP, then, again, people are going to feel they are being forced to go to PvP.

This is something very important to take into consideration when designing PvP : it has to be rewarding, but not too much.

Also, races are hardly compatible with PvP : if there's 100 players in a level bracket, you can be sure that either it's going to be empty, either some players will be abusing it to level/grind faster if it's possible. This has already been done in cutthroat events.

Bullshit, [Removed by support] these are not real objections to anything I said. What you said about players feeling forced to play pvp for an item [Removed by support] there can be multiple top tier rewards that one player can almost never get... Complete and utter bullshit man everything you said, critisizing me about the way I spam the thread they deserve to be spammed and the game deserves pvp you say that because you have nothing else to legitimize your troll

I addressed with a formula what you said about abusing the level grinding... I said very plainly with a simplistic formula how that could be prevented how the higher bracket you are the less exp you get for losing a match. Multiple matches with the same account could be prevented within a time period outside the random que etc etc use your imagination [Removed by support] stop trolling me im trying to encourage them to develop pvp for the benefit of everyone who plays the game fuck off
Last edited by Laurence_GGG on Oct 19, 2015, 12:41:25 AM
Your pvp ideas are not really interesting or easy done by GGG staff who don t really care much anymore about pvp.

Look how broken skills using icewall like EA/LS can shotgun, how block is now so powerfull because of es regen etc etc.

Wanna be a king in pvp? watch poison skills now, it seem they will probably buff them and I bet nothing will be balanced for HLD.

You will never achieve this game to be pvp oriented simply because the first effort the Devs put in it failed.

People in this game just want to kill monsters with 1 button skills. It s too much of effort for most of them to go in pvp and actually have to use multiple skills to survive.

Also For all the people complaining about his feedback being spammed,

you should understand in the pvp section of the forum there is a pvp feedback but there is 0 answer from GGG ever there.

Seem like the persons put in charge for the pvp don t really like to communicate and it make people sad over there so Der1ved is probably thinking here it will be read at least.

In any case POE is not a pvp game and since they don t even want it to be HLD, you should go play another game instead if you want some action.

"

So, back to the topic :
It may look surprising to a competitive PvP player, but you have to take into account non-PvP-oriented players when designing a PvP system.
What you don't want to do (and GGG has failed on the matter with Leo) is to make players feel forced to go to PvP. It's very unlikely that those players will start liking PvP, and the more PvP they feel they have to do, the more likely they'll quit the game.

Totaly agree, pve players don t want to be forced to play pvp and I think the first seasons of pvp failed because of the leo drama. People though the game new skills and items where made for pvp and it made them grumpy.

The funny thing is actually those balance made pvp even worst than before.
It made PVP players grumpy that their HLD skills are balanced on LLD too.

The result is most pve players got grumpy because it seemed pvp was imposed to them and most pvpers from HLD got grumpy because skills balance of pvp been done toward lld.

double fail.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 19, 2015, 1:46:38 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
Also For all the people complaining about his feedback being spammed,

you should understand in the pvp section of the forum there is a pvp feedback but there is 0 answer from GGG ever there.

Seem like the persons put in charge for the pvp don t really like to communicate and it make people sad over there so Der1ved is probably thinking here it will be read at least.

The issue I am seeing isn't about where the thread is, but rather about the amount of times it is bumped, and the fact that he duplicated the thread without any apparent reason.
Basically, if someone keeps pushing a topic over and over again, that person's arguments, as good as they may be, tend to lose a lot of credibility, which does more harm than good to the topic.

Basically, you (not a "you" you, just an "anyone" you) don't want to be "that guy" regularly bumping the same topic to the top for over 6 months, even though the thread has been dead for ages (yes, some people have already done so).

Derived, you seem to be thinking that I want to shoot your ideas down. That isn't the case, I am sorry if I made it look like that.

What I am saying is basically that, while it would be a very good thing to have an alternate way of gaining experience and equipment for PvP players, this shouldn't be more efficient than playing PvE, as it would make it mandatory for PvE players.
=> Racing : if you can have better results through PvP than through PvE, then you've basically made PvP mandatory for anyone trying to be the first to the top.
=> Farming : it's ok for PvP to be slightly better than farming. If it is a lot better, though, then players will start getting the feeling that you have to do PvP rather than farm.

Also, PvP should reward with PvP-focused items. By giving such rewards, you ensure that PvP players can level up in an enjoyable way, without forcing PvE players to come for better items. The items could be above average (by a wide margin) for PvP and sub-par (by a wide margin too) for PvE, thus making sure PvP isn't the mandatory place to grind for PvE, while still rewarding nicely PvP players.

Finally, whatever the system, it mustn't contain any exploits. I brought up experience because some players have already been abusing experience loopholes in the past with PvP (cutthroat) systems in PoE, but there can be other issues, like 100% secure hardcore levelling.
What I need you all to do is imagine a few things.

___First off while I stand by my anger referring to the comments about items affecting pvp etc... Understand that most pvp games out there don't have any sort of random drop 'items' that affect the competition in any way, so let me explain why there is no issue here.

I was unaware that this was an issue in the past with pvp I only began PofE around the start of tempest so, my apologies.

So I proposed a tournament for every level bracket 20-29, 30-39... 91-100 to provide the most unique PVP experience (without gear) at the start of race seasons. My anger comes from the fact that every comment has been a thoughtless post about why PVP won't exist in this game and the logic behind those comments has been empty while your intention is clear, you don't think that you'd like pvp in this game.

It would be impossible for me to reply to all the criticism on this thread because so much of it is repetitive jargon backed up by 12 year old logic and while it would only take 5minutes to tell all of those fools off my thread would be removed for defamatory remarks.

1. Concern about items: Rewrads for level brackets could be pure currency, with only top 1 or top 3 players receiving a race specific reward... If I was designing the pvp I would make the reward for the top level bracket, the top pvp finisher at the beginning and the end of the season gets something very special (not just a trophy), this is not something that makes you feel like you have to play pvp ... there is only 2 of them given out each season once at the beginning and the end. This is a balanced concept if you think about the fact that it is more difficult to build a hero which is strong at PVP while getting that hero to level 90-100 in a single race season and aquiring the items to compete in pvp. Not to mention that the final 2 players left on every ladder fight to the death, real death in real life, lol.

2. PVP should be separate from PVE and the rewards should be PVP based WoW did not make their rewards separate from pve because it was better they did it because it was easier and it would have impossible to have a game like that balanced with the pvp arena rating system etc....

With a ladder that only gives an item reward to the top finisher overall while the other 10 or top 20 finishers receive currency is what my PVP system would have to be. Since players can level through pure pvp they would need some way of acquiring currency as well. Creating a character as pvp-only is no longer an option but leveling a character to 100 through almost pure pvp is a possibility.

NO balances are necessary with a ladder system which only rewards currency to top finishers.

I can not restate this point enough. If anyone does not understand this or wants to dispute it please do so directly.

NO balances are necessary with a ladder system which only rewards currency to top finishers.

$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%
3. PVP SHOULD be a part of every new race season

Understand what I am trying to do for this game through my PVP design. My ultimate goal is yes to have pvp which is an alternative to pve and has ladders rewards everything a PVPer would want sure... But more importantly I have imagned how perfectly PofE pvp can blend with its current pve race design:

99.99% of players are out of the running for winning a race within the first 24-48 hours... This means the only advantage they have for continuing a race is the fresh economy and the new game mods ... some challenge rewards which I'm not even aware of and?? am I missing anything I don't think so

By installing a pvp tournament into every level bracket and giving currency rewards with a finals for the top level bracket decided by real death (removal from league) this opens up competitive play to a whole new quadrant of players. Instead of level 100 players committing ritualistic mass suicide for laughs they will keep their level 100 to compete in pvp on hardcore/softcore. Instead of dying at level 60 3 days in a league right after you spent all your currency and starting over you can start over and say screw pve, build your hero for pvp. For a pvp player the dynamics of pve are changed, they're more focused on acquiring items and currency than exp while competing in a level bracket tournament.

And if you reach a plateau like say while beyond monsters are spawning in a race season... or because you didn't build good enough for level 80+ Guess what? There's something you can do with a hero besides PVE.

My final point is that.. NONE of you have any idea what the PofE skill tree is capable of in terms of competitive pvp and neither do I; until they have a system which is well thought out by a true PVP mind then it will never draw PVP players from other games or inspire players to get creative with their pvp builds... to sacrifice their PVE capability for PVP ... to stick it in Vagan's butt

Thanks again
"
der1ved wrote:
D2 had the saddest pvp gameplay and it had no pvp system.

The only 'pvp system' diablo 2 had was a bug which allowed players to macro hostile and go into town after launching ranged attacks, killing players instantly from town ...

... a bug which still exists today because it's the only thing d2 pvp had going for it

!? oO
Diablo 2 had no PvP system, it had a PK system xD

But: Diablo 2 had the best PvP EVER (!) in any aRPG games because it was 100% user generated with good rules and leagues based on players skill. Items that where too OP in PvP/or duped in masses were simply banned/not allowed to use. Blizzard helped us by doing nothing while GGG affect PvP and PvE players in a way that both are hurt... gg.

First season of PoE was an elitist system, 100% item gated... 2nd season was a bit better (no longer legacy items... wow!) but because of the ongoing BS changes to PoE during the first "PvP-test" and the missunderstanding of what most players want... it died out rather quickly: RIP PoE pvp thanks to some elitists and GGG's delusion how PvP could work in an aRPG environment.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
I don't hold them to be at fault until my words fall on deaf ears.

Grinding Gear Games
bump
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info