Challenge League Post-mortems

"
awesoweh wrote:
It'd be nice to have some sort of "ultimate" league akin to the current challenge, but permanent.

Nope. No new permanent leagues please.
Players don't switch between the two concurrent challenge leagues as much as we had hoped. Most players just pick one and stick to it, missing out on the experience of the other.

Speaking only for me, but what a great experience it is in a flash back leagues to see and play what i missed.
So the Flash back ones are making a lot more fun as they would do when i had played HC and SC leagues together at the same time periode.
Sounds fun, I just am too reckless and "casual" to play Hardcore.
I enjoy the game for the fun of it, not intensity.

Nice to see that GGG has noticed this! Can't wait to see what's next.

Please, please, PLEASE! Release a long "Exiles Everywhere" race for 1 Week - 1 Month. It was SO fun!
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
"
Cudez wrote:
Next leagues will be announced "later this year" ?!?

Is there going to be a long'ish pause in temp leagues or what? not that I mind since I play both temp and perm leagues but some might get upset.

Im wondering this also. But I dont think thats going to happen. Or if its going to happen I think next long race is going to start or maybe even new race season while waiting this new temporary league.

Anyway. Awesome post Chris. And thanks sharing thoughts of GGG team. I like thats instead of 8 challenges there is going to be 40 or something. Cant wait what those are going to be. And I really want to know what that next big temporary league is going to be!
"
Qarl wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Also, some leagues deserve a little more polish or expansions, like Beyond (so the monsters actually look eldritch rather than copypasted, and we can know more about the demons, fight more of them, or even go to their homeworld (?)).

We have at least a couple of designers wanting to return to Beyond, and really explore the story, lore and mechanics some more.

Yes please. A retaliation system, maybe Beyond Warbands, that actually infest parts of a zone, preferrably the exit to the next zone, influencing the land, turning it against you. Eldritch Warmachines that pound you from screens afar while you slog through the demonic army. I'm getting D2 Flashback shivers of the good kind. On the equivalent of 4 dot zones it could contain an Eldritch general that flees through a big portal when you get him to low health and then have to go in after him to finish the job. It should be significant detour.
You should also make even more use of tinting existing assets to make the different Beyond "factions" more distinct from each other and their normal world variants. Complete with more recolored spells.
... is not a troll
"
Chris wrote:
We liked the fact that (unlike Invasion), the bosses were spawned as a result of player actions and could be avoided (or induced) by careful play.
I expect us to return to that story in the future.

"
Qarl wrote:
We have at least a couple of designers wanting to return to Beyond, and really explore the story, lore and mechanics some more.

I hope this return and exploration of mechanics includes an exploration of WHAT IN THE PLUPERFECT HELL a player is supposed to do to carefully avoid Beyond bosses spawning in a pit fight.
"
"
Chris wrote:
We liked the fact that (unlike Invasion), the bosses were spawned as a result of player actions and could be avoided (or induced) by careful play.
I expect us to return to that story in the future.

"
Qarl wrote:

I hope this return and exploration of mechanics includes an exploration of WHAT IN THE PLUPERFECT HELL a player is supposed to do to carefully avoid Beyond bosses spawning in a pit fight.

Exactly . Beyond was the worst league .... annoying nothing else..
lol. first you limit the number of shirts to an arbitrary number and now you do away with them altogether?! not that I ever would have gotten one, but this is the lowest thing you could possibly do ggg.

I'm certainly not giving you any more money ever (cause you never listen to suggestions & unfair bans), but now I wish I COULD TAKE OUT THE MONEY I GAVE YOU ALREADY!!!

shirts being expensive is the stupidest thing I've ever heard (even more than map levels being confusing). sell the game to another company already and relieve us of your idiocity

standard 4 life (certainly no reason to play leagues anymore, now that even the last possible reward is taken away - couldn't care less about cosmetic shit, I wouldn't use it if it was free! give vanity ITEMS not mtx shit!)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 13, 2015, 2:57:33 AM
Cool stuff guys.

Just one point, in theory demons are corrupted angels (im talking about lore in general not poe lore), so can we expect an angel theme league? (Better than beyond pls :)

I think it can be an amazing lore for future leagues and core game.
"
lootsorrow wrote:
"
The Warbands ... added meaningful group combat experiences.

None of the people I played the league with (one of whom actually did get every warband leader challenge) would agree with this in the slightest. We unanimously felt it just added a handful of needlessly beefy trash mobs to every map, with very rarely any sense of actual threat or challenge. I personally found the lightning cloud left behind by some of the warband members more dangerous than the bands themselves. As for challenge, the only hard to kill members were the totem spammers because they would just run away at very high speed; not exactly fun.

Aside from that, this was a really great post. Looking forward to the next league.

I will have to respectfully disagree. Keep in mind that I'm not as great a player as most of you on this forum probably are (I end up playing softcore most of the time because of this), and I did get quite a bit of challenge out of the warbands. Yes, some were frustratingly easy, and left me wishing they lasted longer, but others (like the totem witches and the flamestrike templars) had me zerging my way through the group.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info