So I was about to buy these gloves....

I was about to purchase some gloves I saw on Poe trade, listed for "0 Chaos", when I noticed something odd. The person I was dealing with previously told me he had a whole lot of them and have sold a lot - very nice gloves - as noted:

"
Surgebinders Dragonscale Gauntlets

Level: 67 Strength: 51 Dexterity: 51

107% increased Armour and Evasion
4% increased Elemental Damage per Frenzy Charge
6% increased Physical Damage per Endurance Charge
4% increased Spell Damage per Power Charge
10% chance to Steal Power, Frenzy, and Endurance Charges on Hit
25% reduced Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charge Duration

Quality Phys. Elem. APS DPS pDPS eDPS
Armour Evasion Shield Block Crit. Level
238.0 238.0

As you can see, very nice 4 RED LINKED gloves. The 4 red links was 50% of importance for me. I also searched max 3 Chaos when this came up, because I was not looking to bust the bank on a pair of gloves, I just needed something with 4 red links that would also have some benefit to my build.

So anyway, the seller started telling me how he has sold a bunch of them, then he says 10 Chaos, I negotiated 8 but then suddenly he says he sold the pair I wanted. He says he has similar for 7 and linked a pair. I didn't notice something different about them until we went to trade - they only had 1 slot.

So I told him, "I'm sorry but I didn't notice it only had one slot - I specifically need 4 linked red slots!". I was truly sorry he went through all that trouble for nothing - but perhaps he had another pair? No he didn't. He started fussing at me about going all the way to pulling it out of his stash. I began to feel less sorry as he kept talking because it felt like bait and switch. As we were talking I "verified" on Poe trade 3 times. He made a point about selling the original (Poe Trade posted) pair, and I thought if he sold the other pair why bother even answering me. I told him despite telling me he sold the other pair, Poe Trade Verify says you still have it. He says "Poe Trade is wrong". Well true or not, he didn't have what I wanted so we parted ways then. We aren't hating each other, just another wonky trade gone wrong.

these kinds of haggling situation is why Poe Trade needs to make people specify at least 1 currency, and stop all that "0 Currency" nonsense. Or put it in a haggle section, so it doesn't clutter up the buyout searches - which are supposed to have fixed prices.
This kind of situation is why PoE needs to implement a freaking Auction House, instead of relying on 3rd party software scraping forum threads for inventory.

It boggles my mind, as a software developer, that such a trivial feature, functionality wise, would be hard to implement or would somehow not be inline with game's "direction".

You already have the trade UI and implementation. Just create an ability, for a player to mark some tab and items in it as shop-tab (which would be different from premium or regular - so more money for GGG) and scan it on login.

Then show list and search.

But no, reworking maps into tiers was more important to spend all the capacity on...

Baffles me.

P.S. Just don't let real money in, like Diablo did and you'll be golden.
Last edited by ZenEnott on Oct 8, 2015, 4:49:48 PM
Or simply have player setup an afk shop kind of thing where they put up stuffs for certain price and when people click into it, they can decide whether to buy it or not.

That's exactly why i'm not even going to bother with trading in this game, people like that waste my precious time when i can be out killing stuffs.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
Last edited by nononononono on Oct 8, 2015, 5:02:25 PM
"
ZenEnott wrote:
This kind of situation is why PoE needs to implement a freaking Auction House, instead of relying on 3rd party software scraping forum threads for inventory.

It boggles my mind, as a software developer, that such a trivial feature, functionality wise, would be hard to implement or would somehow not be inline with game's "direction".

You already have the trade UI and implementation. Just create an ability, for a player to mark some tab and items in it as shop-tab (which would be different from premium or regular - so more money for GGG) and scan it on login.

Then show list and search.

But no, reworking maps into tiers was more important to spend all the capacity on...

Baffles me.

P.S. Just don't let real money in, like Diablo did and you'll be golden.

That's your personal opinion mate. I would dread the day an AH was introduced. I would most likely quit. I feel no need to sit infront of an AH all day to make a penny. Poe.trade does it's job. It also forces people to take an extra step. Wich is good for the game imo. Sure they could introduce something similar. But why exactly is it bad that it's not GGG's site? It does it's job right?

@OP

There are bad people everywhere. Don't let this one jerk discourage you. There are alot of good people out there. What do you know, you might even make a friend or two.
Last edited by Miská on Oct 8, 2015, 7:03:37 PM
If you don't understand why a prominent game feature should not be left to 3rd party software, I don't know what to tell you.

It seems you didn't really read through my suggestion and had your "rage" triggered by the words Auction House.

These are semantics.

To reiterate - I think the following should be done:

1. create a new type of tab - shop tab, where items can be assigned prices
2. when user logs (so the stash becomes available), scan it for shop tabs and add to the repository
3. create, under Shop, or within game, a browsing interface - taking one from http://poe.trade/ would do fine
4. allow buying items with (via whisper) or without contacting the seller
distant 5. allow AFK, where the stash is available even when you are not logged in

This would allow the following:

1. more streamlined experience
2. hassle free trading for those of us who can't bother with setting up shop, manage it via Procurement, answer people etc.
3. bonus: currency control and more precise currency transfer rates

Why would you dread this? Do you own poe.trade?

Last edited by ZenEnott on Oct 9, 2015, 3:57:55 AM
"
ZenEnott wrote:

Ah, you don't seem to understand, devs don't want to lose the human interaction aspect of the activity.

In vast majority of cases the process currently consists of six importants steps:
- find the item on PoEtrade
- copypaste the 'message' text for the item you want to buy
- wait for the seller to invite you to the party
- go to his hideout
- check the goods in the trade window (as we see from the OP, very important), transfer cash and click 'accept'
- leave the party and the hideout, politely saying 'goodbye, good luck, high five, thank you'

So, if devs were to implement an automated trading system you wouldn't get to see the other guy's hideout anymore and you wouldn't be able to say 'bye'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 9, 2015, 4:47:40 AM
...not worth it....
Last edited by Miská on Oct 9, 2015, 7:23:38 AM
Condescend much?
"
raics wrote:
"
ZenEnott wrote:

Ah, you don't seem to understand, devs don't want to lose the human interaction aspect of the activity.

In vast majority of cases the process currently consists of six importants steps:
- find the item on PoEtrade
- copypaste the 'message' text for the item you want to buy
- wait for the seller to invite you to the party
- go to his hideout
- check the goods in the trade window (as we see from the OP, very important), transfer cash and click 'accept'
- leave the party and the hideout, politely saying 'goodbye, good luck, high five, thank you'

So, if devs were to implement an automated trading system you wouldn't get to see the other guy's hideout anymore and you wouldn't be able to say 'bye'.

I hope this was sarcasm (hard to detect).

Otherwise, the only human interaction in the list above is saying bye.

In any case - they should stop pretending they know what the users want or understand what they want. I don't design games, but I design software for a living and the very first rule is: "People are going to use your software, be it game, framework, application or site, in ways you didn't predict".

I like to play alone, but I don't mind trading, and I am pretty sure I am not alone (pun not intended).
Last edited by ZenEnott on Oct 9, 2015, 7:46:10 AM
I've got to admit, I just flat-out ignore items without a price or a price of zero.

I figure they're just going to want to 'haggle' except that they've already got a minimum price in mind.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info