the beast

"
Null_Unit wrote:
I don't think the beast is dead, because thaumaturgy still exists. The beast is supposed to be the source of all thaumaturgy, so your gems would have become inert if the beast was truly dead. Or lolore. Whichever suits you best.
Well lore wise we haven't seen what happens after we killed the beast.
"
"
Null_Unit wrote:
I don't think the beast is dead, because thaumaturgy still exists. The beast is supposed to be the source of all thaumaturgy, so your gems would have become inert if the beast was truly dead. Or lolore. Whichever suits you best.

Just because bacon comes from pigs does not mean if I kill all the pigs excising bacon goes away.

I'm not entirely sure if that's a good comparison. Perhaps a better one would be, "If I take out the batteries out of a TV remote, will it still work?"
IGN: Ironmallet
"
"
Null_Unit wrote:

Just because bacon comes from pigs does not mean if I kill all the pigs excising bacon goes away.

Bacon is OP. The beast is OP. Corruption is from the Latin root corrumpere (to bribe with bacon) so therefore the beast is made of bacon.

Which brings us to the next expansion:

A Baconing.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Oct 10, 2015, 11:44:07 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
"
Null_Unit wrote:

Bacon is OP. The beast is OP. Corruption is from the Latin root corrumpere (to bribe with bacon) so therefore the beast is made of bacon.

Which brings us to the next expansion:

A Baconing.

Bacon Illuminati confirmed.
Honestly, I would love to see one of the harbingers(Poe lore bosses such as Malachai) actually succeed in their endeavors to rend the poe world into nightmare. I think that would make for an interesting expansion.
"
Petardlol wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

A Baconing.

Never heard of Deathspank? Already been done :D
"
Paradigmdeez wrote:
"
Petardlol wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

A Baconing.

Never heard of Deathspank? Already been done :D

I hadn't - been ages since I've had a console of any sort. Thanks for the heads up, that certainly looks like it would be enjoyable :-)
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
"
Null_Unit wrote:

Ontology-wise his way is not false. Many philosophers throughout history have a "theory of being" in which a substance can't be anymore if its source doesn't maintain it. See for example Descartes and his concept of "creatio continua".
IGN : @Morgoth
It's the guy under your bed. In your closet. In your head.
imo the beast is a Lovecraftian being whose powers affected and transformed the land dramatically. we killed the beast in a4 and it was using malachai as a medium to communicate. a5 we may stumble upon another Lovecraftian type being, and the overarching story may be the main character (us) becoming more like these Lovecraftian beings as we obtain power through virtue gems.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info