Elemental Wand Totem Crit blast [2.0, cheap, fast clear, SC, BotW]

This is the most effective totem build Ive ever made, offers great clear speed with traditional totem build survivability. It will work fine with very cheap gear and shine with high-end gear. Damage comes from auras/buffs and added damage from gear. The main focus is on Lightning and Cold damage, because we want to shock/freeze all the time

Video:

my gameplay video
BotW video (thanks GGG <3)

Character on gameplay video is lvl 83, with mediocre gear and only lvl 18 gems , but it still reaches decent dps numbers, 24k buffed (= most of the time), this is for each totem, not counting enemy resists, shock, and damage from explosions. I believe that high lvl high budget build with 21/20 gems and great gear could reach double or even tripple damage numbers... here are the offensive stats of my build with buffs and charges:
stats

Tree: crit, damage, totem, life, ES - link - current tree; link - 117 points

Bandits: Life/point, attack speed, power charge

Keystones:
Eldritch battery - allows 100% reservation, 1k ES is minimum IMO
Ancestral Bond

Jewels:
- mandatory - free LMP, better than LMP (no mana multiplier, less severe damage penalty)
- recommended - great pierce bonus
- recommended - You have 6 buffs on most of the time..
Mandatory gems - damage

main: Kinetic blast + Ranged attack totem + pierce + WED + added cold damage
6th/7th gem: crit damage, faster attacks, added lightning, accuracy
added damage: Wrath, Herald of Ice, Herald of thunder
reasoning: cold/lightning focus

Support gems

secondary skill: Power Siphon + GMP + chain + PCoC/LGoH

this is how I gain the charges: There is no need to kill enemy with Power Siphon to gain charges from it.. PCoC variant allows to gain charges faster as well as gaining them while enemies are alive, LGoH offers life recovery.. Don't overspam it, you need to refuel ES

UPDATE based on feedback: the ultimate setup for damage is frenzy + pcoc + gmp + whatever
I was thinking frenzy does not work with wands.. shame on me..

Ice golem + minion life + minion speed - distraction + crit/accuracy bonus

Elemental weakness: I originally wanted to go dual curse, but it turned out that there enemies die before I cast the curses:) .. so I use it only against some tough enemies

low level CwDT + molten shell + tempest shield + duration - buffs that add damage via Mantra of Flames.. Perhaps you find a better use of this slot

low level CWdT + summon skeletons + temporal chains - distraction/time to escape

Gearing:

Wand:

Piscators: nice crit, aps, accuracy, increased damage
Low-end: any wand with high crit and aps
High-end: I believe good rare wand would outperform Piscators, perfect would be tri-ele one with high crit, attack speed and crit multi/accuracy

Jewelry:

crucial part. there are many desired mods on amulet and rings, thus this is where it can become very expensive.. low budget build will just focus on added damage and needed stats, bat there are also crit, WED, accuracy and aps mods

Body armour:

I prefer to have 6L.. low budget builds can use Tabula or 5L. Lioneyes Vision offers free Pierce support thus can offer "free" 6th or even 7th link but the problem with offcolor sockets arise. I was lucky to get cheap (1ex) corrupted one with desired colors.. It appears RRGGBB is not much demanded combination (maybe?)

Other Armour:

You need to get ES somewhere, helm and shield are ideal for it. 30% movement on boots is highly recommended.. the rest are typical Life, resists, accuracy, stats.. Also keep in mind that having low evasion is much better than having low armor

UPDATE based on feedback: Southboud gloves would be great for damage. "You can only kill frozen enemies" problem is solved via ignite.. but again, it could create more pressure on other gear mods

Flasks:

Doedres elixir: sustain charges outside of battle, apply buffs via CWdT
Quicksilver of adrenaline/warding
Quartz of warding/adrenaline - escape

Thanks for reading this build description. You can ask questions in comments if you like;)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Dec 6, 2015, 5:16:40 AM
done. hope you like it;)
really cool build idea i love it
playing a classic ele wander atm, dmg is fine, but its squishy like hell

thumbs up for this
thanks a lot

I dont have any good defenses either, totems kinda solve the squishyness..

I also think that there is lot of room for improvement, I was making this build in a hurry. Perhaps having quality Flame dash linked with faster casting and blood magic (so that it would not interrupt ES recharge) would be better than running around "manually" .. instead cwdt buff setup.
your defensive setup is already quite alright, cwdt skells/molten shell are always nice
personally i would use lightning warp for movement, but maybe thats only because i like it so much

also with the tree its possible to go for a second curse
permanent temp chains would help the totems with aiming and survivability
I would not call cwdt setup a real defense, its just distraction, and molten shell is there only to get added damage from it:) (mantra of flames) .. the main "defense" comes from totems aggroing monsters + freeze + kill speed + ability to run around while totems do the job..

Yes, I originally wanted to go dual curse, but it turned out that non-unique monsters die very fast without any curses, and bosses have high curse effect reduction anyways so I came to the conclusion that the second curse is not worth it.. perhaps in very low budget setup that has lower damage

while playing a melee character i had the idea that including a frost wall could be nice
cwdt preferred, it pushes monsters away while your kinetics pierce through and trigger explosions
cool synergy imo
Hey Ludvator, really interesting build idea.
How to spend the next passives ? Jewel sockets ? Elemental damage ?
Please make a tree with 117 points. Thanks.
Congos on BOTW! :D

I've completed and tweaked your tree a bit - https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4EBwSzBiMHHgmgDkgPxBGWFLAWQBZvFr8XLxnXGjgdFB8CHxgfQSBuJKomlScvKgsqEy0fMok2xTbpOlg62Dt8PV8_c0ShRXxG10lRTLNOrlAwUftSU1VLVcZV1lcpWOVZvForXfJh4mTnZlRmnmzncFJwu3DVcYVyD3Nwd-V_xoCkgh6Cm4Pbg_OFe4V9idOMNo9Gj_qQVZOVlG-VIJUul5WXl5o7mmGfiJ_fogCio6PypwitM64SsTa0OLVIuMq-7sHzwnPFKMfKyUTNFs5w0B_YJNsL4XPjauUZ7BjsOO987-vwH_DV8-r2W_rS-_U=

In this setup, you'll be able to run Anger as well, in addition to Wrath and HoT, at the cost of HoI. As such, I'd recommend switching out from Added Cold for Added Lightning instead (especially since there's also a couple of really good lightning-specific nodes taken in this version - hence adding lightning damage on gear becomes your primary focus as it's the most scaled). You might worry about not being able to freeze, but that's pointless with trash mobs (including defensively since totem specs tend to keep their distance and I doubt you're able to freeze tough bosses anyway). This is a more damage-focused spec, but overall you'll have more damage AND more life, but slightly less ES (easily corrected with gear, if needed). Note that you'll need to wear Conqueror's Efficiency jewel to make this work and since there's still only 3 sockets, I'd recommend dropping Poachers' Aim for it - you have more AoE in this spec too, btw. You'll also be dropping the Cruel bandit reward in favor of the passive point here, although you can retain it if you wish at the cost of one of the minor nodes (say, one of the totem crit multiplier nodes). You should still come out quite a bit stronger overall this way - harder-hitting AND tankier. Let me know what you think. :)
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 21, 2015, 2:18:13 AM
congrats on botw ! I had a similar idea before i found your thread but hadn't time to put together a build. Here is what i had in mind:

As you said, the Lioneyes chest would be a nice 7L. If you use bloodmagic (instead of EB?), it would "only" be 3 off colors (WED, RAT and BM are red). That frees up the need for high ES.

Have you considered using frenzy-gmp-pcoc-lgoh for double charge generation ? so you would also get frenzy charges !

I dont know about casual mapping, but if you freeze alot, southbound gloves would be nice for your build - they add alot of cold damage (similar to high lvl HOI!). They are very cheap, and can be mass corrupted to either +1 gems for your auras, or a curse on hit ( temp chains or ele weakness both would be awesome ).
The downside of southbound gloves (your hits can only kill frozen enemies) will be overcome by mantra of flames - if you crit with fire damage, enemies will burn, so if you cannot freeze a rare, you will shoot it down to 1hp, and then the burn (which is not a hit) should kill it...

RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info