Vorici missions with summoner, how?!?

You know the mission profile: Keep the target alive, keep one of his retinue alive (really tough) or keep the target on low life:

How do you guys tackle these missions with summoner or hard to control AoE skills? My zombies just flatten everything and I'm not even using SRS. Convocation? Pulling the gem? Only sending 2 skellies?
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Only way i have been able do do those missions is with no minions and then you have to pull away your target to a more controllable area.
its doable to peel of a guard/target if you need to keep one alive and just kite him to a corner and leave him there while you dubble back and kill the rest. Preferably somewhere where you can run
around something, if they loose line of sight thet usually just stop following.

Keep target on 10%: Non or few minions and just run away when you
have done enough dam and convocate your minions and just keep running untill the clock
reaches zero.

Just be careful when your trying to find the target and guards...most time i fail is when i stumble
into them by accident and kill something important like when all guards needs to be alive..

hope this helps =)

/B

Build a specific melee character for these dailies. You don't need to level to 90 btw. A level 70~75 with decent gear should be enough to get the dailies.
Ask a friend (or get on global 820 and invite people) to help you out.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Thanks!

Guess I'll have to take a bit more care. Maybe I can level a more targeted skill on weapon swap.

If I invite people, do we all get the mission XP?
"
Col_Jessep wrote:

If I invite people, do we all get the mission XP?

Sure.

And even better, you can also accompany them on their missions (-> daily rotations).
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Good to know, thanks!
The only catch is if you trigger daily mission in other player's hideout you get 100% of favor and reputation.If you do it in yours the reward is 250% - check this

About doing it on your own - lightning warp,desecrate and convocation are your best friends,summon skeletons too(assuming they are not instagibbing mobs).Frost Wall also might be useful,especially in closed areas.

Keep something alive,kill something else - pretty easy,1st clear whole area around and kill all your tough minions.Then slowly approach to targets to lure them away (skeletons may be used for that).Once done use summon skeletons and desecrate to raise zombies then kill the enemy.Repeat the process till mission is completed.
If you've drawn attention of something that has to stay alive run away pretty far from other targets,use lightning warp and frost wall to lost the pursuer.Once done return to the remaining targets and finish them off.

Keep target on low life for X seconds - lure the target away,use 2-4 skeletons and desecrate to raise 1 zombie at the beginning.Check how hard they are punching the target,and depending on the result summon another zombies/skeletons,or use convocation to drag them away off.
Removing support gems like Minion Damage,Multistrike etc may be very helpful to obtain the goal.
Once you get a balance that target's life is steadily dropping,but not fast just check for the timer to show up,then convocate your minions and run away.You can use frost wall to slow down the target,and block your minions.
Detonate Dead w/ Concentrated Effect and Convocation spam to keep your stuff away.

Alternatively you can switch characters like most of my buddies do. Have a friend who literally made a dual strike maurader with no AOE just so he could port out and do vorici missions when he found them on his summoner.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
MasterBLB wrote:
The only catch is if you trigger daily mission in other player's hideout you get 100% of favor and reputation.If you do it in yours the reward is 250% - check this
So it's only worth the effort with 3+ players sharing. Would have been too easy otherwise. *sigh*

"
Nasreth wrote:
Alternatively you can switch characters like most of my buddies do.
I did that in Warbands but I don't want to level 2+ characters again. Or at least not melee again. Maybe dual totem something and then I just bring a decoy totem for those missions.

Frostwall is an excellent idea in underground areas! Thanks and cheers! =3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info