armor is overrated

non HC

As you can see I have killed Malachai without body armour. If I have to choice between 4% movement speeed or 370 armour with 20% fire res and stun recovery i will take 4% ms.

With armour it would take me 12.92* minutes longer to beat normal dif!!!1

*if I would move constanly and didnt afk in town

Seriously, why would you even use body armour and shield in normal.

PS: I have used decoy totem cheat for Malachai fight

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 3, 2015, 10:08:30 AM
xD

life/armour/any defences are "overrated" in normal difficulty if you are experienced (even in hc, I can confirm that!).
Just pick damage nodes and rush through content as always. armour stacks nicely in later content and is atm probably the best defence in our meta. It's no gamble like evasion or dodge, it always works.

we had more problems dealing with kaom than with malachai btw xD
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Last edited by kcstar on Oct 3, 2015, 10:11:17 AM
"
Just pick damage nodes and rush through content as always. armour stacks nicely in later content and is atm probably the best defence in our meta. It's no gamble like evasion or dodge, it always works.

too bad all my dmg nodes are 1 handed weapn dmg because I plant ot use shield later. It suck that there is no 1 hand leveling weapon and if you want to lvl up fast u have to use mace and I want to use sword later.

kaom is ez if you dont decide to attak him while he stand in flame rocks raining zone
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
kamil1210 wrote:
It suck that there is no 1 hand leveling weapon and if you want to lvl up fast u have to use mace and I want to use sword later.

What about Gorebreaker, Lavianga's Wisdom/Brightbeak, Flesh-Eater...!?
But have to agree... the nerf to IPD rustic vendor recipe killed a lot of variation/accessibility.

"
kamil1210 wrote:
kaom is ez if you dont decide to attak him while he stand in flame rocks raining zone

I didn't say he is hard, but after all the malachai nerfs he hits harder than malachai.
And personally I think his fight is much more overwhelming for new players than the rest of act 4... just my impression.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Not everybody likes dying 29 times in normal.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:

It is easy to do it deathless and I did it peviously. Now I just decided just to force spam bosses and not waste time for loading screen from using portals.
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 3, 2015, 12:06:41 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

It is easy to do it deathless and I did it peviously. Now I just decided just to force spam bosses and not waste time for loading screen from using portals.

What if i told you that it is possible to kill norm Malachai being self-found with 0 deaths and 0 town-portals used?
But that's none of my business...

(yes, i've used 2 memes; too lazy to make those two as a pictures)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

i just thought it was kinda funny: "Armour is over-rated" said the guy who averaged a death every 11 minutes.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
4% extra Movespeed != finishing Norm 4% faster.
Dying 50% less = 50% less time spent being dead.

*shrug*

I do agree that shields are pretty bad for Norm.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 3, 2015, 3:45:30 PM
Do you really hate the game so much that playing an extra 12 minutes is torture?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info