Final Fantasy VII, and Why I Haven't Played It.

"
Origination wrote:
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
I own an original copy; paid $50 for it back in the day.

Played for about 30 minutes - it was good, cut-scenes were fantastic (for the time); my major gripe about the game is that you don't start at level 1 - you start at level 5 or so. I know it's a rather petty thing, but it's just something that has always irked me in RPGs.

I'll beat it some day...

(Final Fantasy IX is my favorite of them all)

Hah, You must HATE the Pokemon games then!
I'm going to have to agree with IX being my favorite. It was the second Final Fantasy that I completed, and it truly is a masterpiece.

I love Pokemon... It's a different feeling
In Pokemon, you are the trainer, and want the little buggers to get stronger faster, so starting at lv 5 is good.
In FF, you are the characters, and want to feel the progression into power - staring at level 5 cheapens that for me, since I've lost four of those nice level-up chimes.

IX was the first I beat, and the only one I've played through more than once (I must have beaten in a half dozen times at least)

On an unrelated note, I really love the Golden Sun games.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
Origination wrote:
"
and people can live with that just fine.

I can't. Does that mean I'm not a person?
No, it's a generalised statement, not a strict essentialist claim about humanity. Like "people can go to Europe" is fine even though actually some people have medical conditions that prevent them from traveling.

"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
(Final Fantasy IX is my favorite of them all)
Agreed. Quina/Vivi <3
Holy crap, I just checked the prices of FFVII on Ps1 on amazon.

that's insane.

Guess I'll take care of my original Japanese and US copies then. Good lord.

You could always look into getting your Ps1 modded so you can play copied ps1 discs, Origination. I'm not afraid to admit that's how I rolled back in the day.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Holy crap, I just checked the prices of FFVII on Ps1 on amazon.

that's insane.

Guess I'll take care of my original Japanese and US copies then. Good lord.

You could always look into getting your Ps1 modded so you can play copied ps1 discs, Origination. I'm not afraid to admit that's how I rolled back in the day.

Yeah, the prices on there are ridiculous! The black label ones cost sooo much. There're significantly cheaper for used ones on Ebay though.
Also, I've never really gotten into the modding consoles thing. I don't know if it costs money, but if it does I don't really have the money to spend on that kind of thing at the moment. Also I have the fear that I'd break something and have to buy a new console T_T
See you, Space Cowboy...
Last edited by Origination on Feb 14, 2013, 2:47:33 AM
You guys should check this out, it's an awesome cover of Vivi's theme. This guy doesn't get many views, but this is truly an awesome version of the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fOD1guig5Y
See you, Space Cowboy...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info