[Buildbreaking] Spectral Throw Disappears After ~70% Projectile Speed

After a certain amount of increased Projectile Speed - in my case, 80% from the tree and the Karui Ward Jade Amulet, Spectral Throws stop returning. (This is buildbreaking as it effectively halves the number of hits I get on any given mob.)
Last edited by Ivory_vines on Sep 19, 2015, 9:10:53 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Projectiles have a maximum distance they can travel. You've exceeded that distance.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Projectiles have a maximum distance they can travel. You've exceeded that distance.
Shouldn't they just return from max range instead of disappearing in the void?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
No, they exceeded the max range from which they can come back.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Let me put it in other words: why are they even allowed to exceed that range?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Because PoE has always been A-Okay with allowing bad choices.
Wait what?

"
Throws a spectral copy of your melee weapon. It flies out and then returns to you, in a spinning attack that strikes enemies in its path.

This is the spectral throw text.
Including a maximum range, after which projectiles don't return seems extremly arbitrary and like very bad design to me.
If it was intended, include it in the skill description.
Definitely would call it a bug.
If they added every little odd and end into the description for every skill, it would take up your whole screen. Why not add minimum ranges then as well. Why not add maximum ranges for melee skills. Why not add x,y, and z then.

Not a bug.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Well the point is why does it make sense for Spectral Throw to have a maximum range.

E.g. for a melee skill to have maximum range is consistent with most persons expectations.
For a boomerang like skill this is not the case (especially since the projectile vanishes instead of returning early.)
"
Rayshan wrote:
Well the point is why does it make sense for Spectral Throw to have a maximum range.

E.g. for a melee skill to have maximum range is consistent with most persons expectations.
For a boomerang like skill this is not the case (especially since the projectile vanishes instead of returning early.)
Because EVERY projectile skill has a maximum range.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info