[3.2]Blink & Mirror Arrow Necromancer * Shaper down * Build of the Week * Deadeye version added*

"
Semarogin wrote:
I really like poison version of this build. I use:
Spoiler

with Wrath aura.

Slower Projectiles is my choice for 6th socket.

Curses: Temporal Chains + Projectile Weakness.

Currently level 90 in TalHC. Doing great so far.

How do you handle accuracy? What is/are your other auras?
IGN - Blackdepp
Last edited by Blackdepp on Jan 22, 2016, 6:26:52 AM
"
Blackdepp wrote:
How do you handle accuracy?

Good question, didn't think about it. Only way to handle it is to use additional accuracy support gem, but I don't use it, so probably my build isn't that great and no one should follow it. But I like to kill mobs and bosses through their ES and I still have fun with my build inspired by this guide.

For Curse on hit setup I use arc / ball lightning.

Anger and hatred aren't good for me since I focus on chaos damage and poison, so I just use discipline for more survivability.
Last edited by Semarogin on Jan 22, 2016, 11:06:53 AM
Sounds quite interesting though (: I've also derived my own little version from the original build (:
Would you mind posting your gear? (:
IGN - Blackdepp
I'm doing a Poison version as well but I don't like Voltaxic Rift for it-- I prefer Lioneye's Glare and Vis Mortis. The reason being that I focus much more on curses than I do auras-- that is to say I get have all the curse effectiveness on the tree and a Dying Breath + Leer Cast Animate Guardian but don't get much/any increased aura effect.

With Vulnerability (its physical damage aspects), Unholy Might (30% physical damage added as chaos), Conductivity, Elemental Equilibrium, and etc. I think the damage per hit should come out on top, not to mention the unevadable hits and higher attack speed. That's not to say Voltaxic Rift is a bad choice though, it's quite good.

But yeah Semarogin has the right idea. There's a ton of synergy going on with Blink/Mirror Arrow and Poison because of all the double-dipping modifiers. The use of Projectile Weakness is also great because with enough curse effectiveness it grants capped chance to pierce, high knockback chance, and ~50% more damage so you can get of Chain and have much higher single target damage.

Personally I got to level 88 in THC but died, not really due to the build however. I think it's a really great HC build whether you go EB + MoM, hybrid life + es, or even CI. Soul Strike is one of my favorite unique items because if you make up for its drawback it can be extremely defensively powerful.
same name in-game
"
Blackdepp wrote:
Would you mind posting your gear?

My gear:
Spoiler

Still need to craft few items and corrupt the quiver.

My current build - still testing different versions with or w/o EB/MoM and Discipline.

"
iao wrote:
I prefer Lioneye's Glare and Vis Mortis.

Yea, Lioneye's Glare is a great choice, since physical damage can poison too. I leveled with it till level 86.

I like Voltaxic because I can scale chaos / poison damage even more with Wrath aura, and chaos damage can shock.

So yea, it is a matter of personal preference.
Last edited by Semarogin on Jan 26, 2016, 3:42:03 AM
Hey, i am doing poison version of this build as well, its insane so far, curious to see in high level maps.

Quick questions: how much curse effectivness u need so projectile weakness has 100% pierce chance?

Also does drillneck increase the dmg of clones if mobs has 100% chance to be pierced via proj weakness?
"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
Also does drillneck increase the dmg of clones if mobs has 100% chance to be pierced via proj weakness?

From Mark_GGG:
Projectile Weakness has no interaction with Drillneck, because it's not increasing the pierce chance of the skill, but modifying the enemy.

"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
How much curse effectivness u need so projectile weakness has 100% pierce chance?

Projectile weakness gives 50% chance to pierce, so you need 100% increased effect of curse. It is possible to get 40% from the tree and 10% from quality Blasphemy. You can use Animate Guardian with Dying Breath for additional 18%.
Last edited by Semarogin on Jan 31, 2016, 7:49:48 AM
"
Semarogin wrote:

"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
How much curse effectivness u need so projectile weakness has 100% pierce chance?

Projectile weakness gives 50% chance to pierce, so you need 100% increased effect of curse. It is possible to get 40% from the tree and 10% from quality Blasphemy. You can use Animate Guardian with Dying Breath for additional 18%.

Projectile Weakness with maximum gem quality gives 60% chance to pierce. And if you don't use Blasphemy, Curse on Hit also provides 10% increased effect of curses. Also Conqueror's Potency provides another 4% increased effect of curses.

So in all, you can get to 72% increased effect of curses which brings you slightly over the pierce chance cap (103.2%). If you don't use Conqueror's Potency you can still cap it out (100.8%).
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Jan 31, 2016, 9:09:06 PM
sup Dariidar and other guys :)

I'm asking about the specific MF-setup that was displayed in OP post.

a) Is the clearspeed still sufficient for low-mid tiers on that 4L + 5L setup?
aa)What would a typical 6L + 6L setup look like with both IIR gems in, what's the best to include in the 5 other links? Edit: Equipped two 4Ls, mediocre MF gear and a lvl 92 tree in STD, cleared Gorge and Plateu like a charm. Note that I'm used to play ranged (from no-lifing caustic arrow in two leagues now, full challenges).

b) are the stats of your character (IIQ / IIR) used on the clones when they kill mobs, or is it just the IIR gem from links? Edit: confirmed by a dev, the source of the IIR is the player, if an IIR gem is linked, it get's added. BaseMF on gear + IIR gem = minion MF if we link our clones with IIR. Very good!

c) slight confusion about the trees. Are you suggesting a doublecurse setup or not for pure sake of farming low to mid tier maps? I see that the 'budget' 4L of Iceshot - GMP - CoH - curse frees up a piece of gear with cold dmg for EE, but then again the latest tree does not have EE and uses Splitarrow with 1 curse and no EE.
cc) is EE + ele weakness the most convenient combo for the sake of killing stuff fast, since we use flat elemental auras? Edit: Think I'll adjust the tree, going for far more dex and jewel sockets for absolute fexibility on the rare pieces of gear. For a first farming session (up to mid tiers) Proj weakness + ee is plenty, stuff dies like nothing. Maybe adding Ele Weakness for bosskills.

d) if I'm rly too drunk already, how would you build this for MF?
one example for fresh early league (tree lvl 75, budget of about 2 ex) and one for lvl 92+, double 6L and good gear Edit: Still open for suggestions, 4L Roth's + 4L deerstalker go a long way tho.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Feb 3, 2016, 8:27:45 AM
I have also been testing a poison variation of this build for the upcoming Ascendancy league. I think a hybrid arrow+spectre build could be really powerful with the new ascendancy tree.

The main reason I think poison is strong is you don't have to rely as heavily on auras/curses as the other build, which frees you up to do a lot more. As in, you can run Immortal call+cast on damage taken+use an enduring cry gem. I always felt like the old version suffered a lot from not being able to run this setup, as it is one of the best defensive setups in the game, especially when you already have so many duration nodes on the tree. Felt like a huge waste to me to have every single duration node on the tree but not have enough gem slots to run immortal call+cwdt.

Another reason poison is nice is, you aren't forced to go MOM+zealot's oath to be able to run all the auras. Being able to go a hybrid es/life build with soul strike makes the build really powerful defensively.

I will personally be trying a new hybrid summoner/mirror/blink arrow build in the new leagues, I think it has a lot of potential with the new witch ascendancy tree. 100% increased life/100% increased damage spectres seem really powerful if I can find a way to keep them alive.

The only concern I have with the poison build is if the damage will fall off in higher end maps. So far I was only messing around with a level 80 character without the best gear in the world, and it was extremely tanky and hard to die, and the damage wasn't terrible in t6-7 maps but wasn't the fastest clear speed I ever seen either. Maybe once I have better gear/spectres in the new league it will have higher clear speed.
IGN- FrOArrow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info