[3.2]Blink & Mirror Arrow Necromancer * Shaper down * Build of the Week * Deadeye version added*

Question. Would using say a ring with increased elemental damage with weapons increase damage of the mirror/blink arrow? Or even the jewel node towards top that gives 4% increased elemental damage?

What about crit? Is mirror/blink arrow affected by crit?
Last edited by Skitzofreniks on Oct 14, 2015, 11:07:24 PM
Your clones are just like other minions, they won't receive bonuses from the skilltree/gear that benefits yourself. The only jewelry that directly buffs your clones is the Sidhebreath amulet.

There was a jewel called Selfless Leadership that would have been amazing for us, but it was never released.

Clones can crit. I have not yet found a way to make them crit reliably, though, since their only source of crit chance is from bow, quiver, support gems, and Assassin's Mark. Your own power charges cannot benefit them. Perhaps a windripper with crit quiver, and inc crit strikes support gem may be somewhat feasible - will have to test it on my DPS spreadsheet. But it would be way more expensive, you'd have to deal with clones having really low accuracy, and you couldn't proc elemental equilibrium with split arrow/ice shot.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Oct 15, 2015, 1:32:58 AM
This is one of the best and most fun builds I have ever tried.
Kudos to Dariidar!
I have just defeated merciless Malachai in the 1MHC with molten tempest on.

My Gear

Skill Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA-4EswceDXwRDxSwFm8XLxhWGjgabBzcHb4i4iSqJy8o-ipNLdIvbzLRM4c1kjbpOlg64TsNPydBh0VHRZ1H4klRSshMLU3jU1JVxlXWV8lZbVnzWpFfmGTnZp5odGjyaqxwu3IPe8OApIIegseC5IPbhTKIQIhCiq-PGo9Gj_qQEZAzkFWUoJUumuCboZ2unz6iAKQ5plemrKcIqH2smLc-uJO-vMBmwcXPMtP72E3YvdkT2mLbC-Nq6-7sGO_r8B_w1fJF99f56PrS_gr-jw==?accountName=HPPftw&characterName=AnotherRoundIWasTold

I had 5 endurance charges which definitely helped a ton. Also make sure to bring at least two instant pots in this fight. I had 5k hp and 1.2k es but still got some close calls in the fight, especially in phase two the combination of Malachai's 'cluster bomb', degen pool and moving red circle gave me a lot of trouble. It was a close fight and my setup is probably the minimum. A cast when damage taken + immortal call + increased duration would help. With that setup I will use an armor-based pair of boots and make lioneye a 5L so the double 4L mirror/blink arrow combo can be held there. I did not use zombies as they die so quickly to malachai's stuff and the molten tempest.

Trivia:
dropped in a map before the fight. I still chose to use cloak of flame as Malachai's dmg is physical.

dropped from Malachai. As if he's telling me to use it in future fights :D

It was the most intense fight I had in PoE during the past two years, or the entire time I played PoE. Killing merciless Malachai this time also earned me the 'Indomitable' achievement (ironically was targeted at Dominus hence the 'dom' root there). So Kudos again to your awesome build!
In Excelsis || Precedo || Bellator || Decerte || Adversa
Incurro
Invadoria
Last edited by HPPftw on Oct 15, 2015, 4:40:47 PM
"
dariidar wrote:
Your clones are just like other minions, they won't receive bonuses from the skilltree/gear that benefits yourself. The only jewelry that directly buffs your clones is the Sidhebreath amulet.

There was a jewel called Selfless Leadership that would have been amazing for us, but it was never released.

Clones can crit. I have not yet found a way to make them crit reliably, though, since their only source of crit chance is from bow, quiver, support gems, and Assassin's Mark. Your own power charges cannot benefit them. Perhaps a windripper with crit quiver, and inc crit strikes support gem may be somewhat feasible - will have to test it on my DPS spreadsheet. But it would be way more expensive, you'd have to deal with clones having really low accuracy, and you couldn't proc elemental equilibrium with split arrow/ice shot.

Hmmm... Since you put it that way, I don't think the decrease in accuracy would be as beneficial with the amount of crit you would get. Bow and quiver really limits you. No nodes, no jewels, no gloves, rings... Don't think you would be able to push it high enough to be feasible.

So really aside from the amulet. The only other way to really increase damage is minion damage with jewels?

I tweaked the skill tree slightly keeping it very similar, and am currently running a head hunters belt with it. Liking it a lot.
Last edited by Skitzofreniks on Oct 15, 2015, 5:55:44 PM
Have you experimented with a good 6L single target setup. I just got a second lioneyes 6L'd. Figured I would drop chain and gmp. (For bosses). Would something like Point Blank be good for say mirror arrow since you can place your mirror almost right in front doing more damage and then leave blink arrow with GMP/CHAIN? Or I was looking at slower projectiles, but with that I would be losing speed which is why Point Blank looks more appealing.
Last edited by Skitzofreniks on Oct 18, 2015, 9:05:25 AM
Point Blank would be good against stationary bosses. So Uber Atziri, I guess. Hypothermia is a nice option if you use Ice Shot to apply EE. I think Added Chaos might be alright, too. If you use Slower Proj, make sure to put it on Mirror Arrow (it would make blink arrow travel more slowly, making it harder to dodge things with blink arrow).

And finally, Increased Duration should give a slight dps boost in a really long fight. You'll have to try things out with the DPS calculator to be sure.

Also, I've toyed with Raise zombie + phys to light + minion damage + innervate, with 6-7 zombies pounding at a single target you're bound to get a few shocks in.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
I will have to give it a shot. Thanks for feedback.
after playing classic and srs summoner this is my favorite variant - will definatley do it again thx!!
Really awesome build, i tried that after coming back to the game from a 1,5 years break and i'm really enjoying it !

I'm not sure where to go on the gear though, while overall i'm doing fine, i found that maps with added projectiles/chain totally wreck me, as well as some specific bosses. I'm quite low on survivability so far, as i don't know what to do for this, considering i lack any good ES gear.

Right now i'm at 3400 hp with 650 ES roughly at lvl 83 so of course i skipped the MoM passive. Running artic armor, but it's just not enough. Problem is, i don't have good ES gear, so how would you go for decent survivability without it ?

I don't think just raising my HP would be enough as what kills me usually plain one shots me, otherwise i'm rolling over everything just fine.

Best thing i could think about is aiming for Acrobatics and Arrow Dancing but even taking back some of the Aura points, that's such a long way i can't see how to make it practical.

Any idea on how to get more survivability without high ES chest and overall low budget ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info