Theorycrafting: Most Defensive Build

Wow just realised how much the harvest is worth.

I think I have vendored 1 or 2 of those lol.( though it was some 1c lvling unique)
"
trav_dawg wrote:
I actually think the most defensive build is probably Dy'ness tank. If you haven't seen it it's in the item display cabinet forum or just google it. Not gimmicky at all just pure overkill, 18k+ ES and 3k+ regen per second. With capped resists it's pretty much impossible to get killed.

Not even close.

He specifically mentions that Atziri can kill him and that one of the trio poses a serious threat to his build.
Last edited by mimivirus on Sep 10, 2015, 10:32:27 PM
Im playing a Marauder with legacy Aegis, legacy Coil, Lazhwar and legacy Rainbows. With Endurance Charges I have 50% flat damage reduction AND 11k armour. Tough as nail, though I cant do some bosses simply because I dont have enough DPS and so the bosses would kill me eventually.

Also, I dont think Acro is the way to go if you wanna make the tankiest possible character.
imo going acro + max block (-acro reducement) would be the most defensiv build possible...

currently playing a scion -2h crit wildstrike build with actro and have a flat chance of
48% DODGE

40% Tree
2% Conqueror's Longevity
6% Daressos Defiance

that alone makes it strong as hell

lets assume we have max block aswell (75%)
0,75*0,3=0,225
22,5% Block chance

Getting some decent evasion aswell shouldnt be that hard
Just a "max Block draft" +40% Blockchance

Using Grace aswell should boost the Evade around 50%

Summary:
48% Dodge
max. 22,5% Blockchance
~50% Evade

0,48*0,225*0,5=0,054

Chance of getting hit = 5,4%
"
quarague wrote:
including reducing the block chance of existing uniques, so there are no legacy versions

*ahem*
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
Im playing a Marauder with legacy Aegis, legacy Coil, Lazhwar and legacy Rainbows. With Endurance Charges I have 50% flat damage reduction AND 11k armour. Tough as nail, though I cant do some bosses simply because I dont have enough DPS and so the bosses would kill me eventually.

Also, I dont think Acro is the way to go if you wanna make the tankiest possible character.

While I only play Standard, legacy gear is something I want to avoid for a number of reasons.

1. I'm looking at "current" gameplay.

2. Legacy gear is more expensive than non-legacy gear, and is only available in the Standard league.

Those are the two biggest reasons.

"
XRacKS wrote:
imo going acro + max block (-acro reducement) would be the most defensiv build possible...

currently playing a scion -2h crit wildstrike build with actro and have a flat chance of
48% DODGE

40% Tree
2% Conqueror's Longevity
6% Daressos Defiance

that alone makes it strong as hell

lets assume we have max block aswell (75%)
0,75*0,3=0,225
22,5% Block chance

Getting some decent evasion aswell shouldnt be that hard
Just a "max Block draft" +40% Blockchance

Using Grace aswell should boost the Evade around 50%

Summary:
48% Dodge
max. 22,5% Blockchance
~50% Evade

0,48*0,225*0,5=0,054

Chance of getting hit = 5,4%

Daresso's gives you 6% dodge against attacks.

Lightning Coil reduces physical damage by 30%, roughly.

Incandescent Heart can reduce elemental damage by 25%. This is the single best chest if you can maintain a 100% up-time IC.

Hyrri's Ire gives 10% dodge AND spell dodge. Miles better than your Daresso's.

Shavronne's Wrappings lets you reserve life to run auras, which can provide considerable boosts to defense.

I can continue, but hopefully you can see why Daresso's is not a good chest for what I'm looking for.

"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
"
quarague wrote:
including reducing the block chance of existing uniques, so there are no legacy versions

*ahem*

The Harvest is the only item that can allow a build to have 100% up-time on flasks like that, along with others. No other build can achieve that.
"
trav_dawg wrote:
I actually think the most defensive build is probably Dy'ness tank. If you haven't seen it it's in the item display cabinet forum or just google it. Not gimmicky at all just pure overkill, 18k+ ES and 3k+ regen per second. With capped resists it's pretty much impossible to get killed.

It looks tanky...but then his thread has (had?) also a video of him doing Core Malachai and dying rather quickly six times in a row without doing that much damage himself (of course that doesn't mean he can't tank almost all content in 80- maps).
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Lazy Pally.

You can make a good one on the cheap. And if you are rich you can make a very good one.

Mine is level 82.

Armor 18291 (64%) base 31657 (76%) with a granite flask.
Evasion 741 (10%)
Block 65% with Tempest Shield
Spell Block 33%
Block Recovery 120%
Stun Avoidance 30%
Stun Recovery 47%

Life 4799
Life Regen 419

Static Strike DPS 13651 with Herald of Ash and Hatred.
7.14 Attacks per second with no Frenzy charges. Charges come from Blood Rage on low level CWDT.
Life and Mana on hit 14

Lots of DPS also comes from constant proc's of:
Vengeance
Riposte
Reckoning
Tempest Shield

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Certainly lots of room for improvement in that gear.

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAO4EhwSxBLMFLQY5CTMLYQxfDPcUIBUgGbQaPhuXG60cpyP2KS4qTSzpLYMvzDJONZI8BTwtPQ894j38PydAoEd-SO5KyExgTUZNklBHUWBTpVhjXz9i7GVNZ5to8m6qcql07XiueTl673y4fNl9dX7ig1-DzITZhO-Gs4zPj5mVZqIAo4qplayvrj6vbK-ntfK3Pr02vqfAZsC_wYLEuMT2xq7G2NE2037V-NfL2L3aweIs5FHvDu9673zwH_MG9kj2o_cy-6r-Cv66

It is by far the most tanky char I have played.
Last edited by Qiox on Sep 12, 2015, 8:45:58 PM
"
Qiox wrote:
Lazy Pally.

You mean the "Pally" that is a Marauder? ;)

Melee Block Tanks suffer in the DpS department.
Played a couple of them myself, but without a really, really good weapon, it's just too slow, and you lose some of your "tankiness" because you have to tank longer.
13k static strike? Urgs...

And you really need to increase the life pool.
There's so much stuff that cuts right through a <5k life pool.
Like the 76 Crematorium boss, even without any dangerous mods, I give this char 2-3 seconds in her firestorm.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info