[2.0] Whispering ice, HC build (Avatar of fire, Dual curse, high dps, great survivability),

"
Loki94300 wrote:
Hey.

You insist on the fact that this is a HC build. Isn't also doable in softcore? Also, could you please describe the way to build the passive tree, like every 10 levels or so?

Thanks.

Yep it is a very strong HC build but of course is doable in softcore, I only stress the fact that it's HC because most softcore builds focus on damage rather than Survivability. I will post a levelling strategy now. Check the main body
ign DominusDontTouchMe
"
Yep it is a very strong HC build but of course is doable in softcore, I only stress the fact that it's HC because most softcore builds focus on damage rather than Survivability. I will post a levelling strategy now. Check the main body

Ok thanks a lot! As I'm in softcore I'll guess I'll get a bit more damage and a bit less survivability :)
It's viable for darkshrine and first character account?? the whispering ice is 15 chaos +, right? It's seems to be great! I wanna try :p. thx! I've almost forgotten that I have a medium-pc, I need a great pc for this build? Will I suffer lag?
Last edited by AeternumExsilium on Nov 14, 2015, 2:01:07 PM
"
It's viable for darkshrine and first character account?? the whispering ice is 15 chaos +, right? It's seems to be great! I wanna try :p. thx! I've almost forgotten that I have a medium-pc, I need a great pc for this build? Will I suffer lag?

Definnitely, just as long as you can get a decent amount of INT on your gear you should be fine. My character was ridiculously geared but you don't need that much to get by for early to start of end game.

Give it a go, I can't say for certain if you will suffer lag. My advice is just to lower your settings. I only have a $1.5k laptop, its not high end so i'd say my system is midtier as well.
ign DominusDontTouchMe
Thank you very much sir! I'll try this build and I hope i won't suffer lag!
Another question: are you sure avatar of fire and cold to fire stack? Are you sure one isn't applied after the other so that 50% of the remaining 50% are converted? Which would mean 75% fire and 25% cold damage overall.
Very sure, you'll see it when you take out the gem or respec and spec in out of the keystone on your tooltip. you'll also see on your tooltip that you deal 0 cold damage and all fire damage
ign DominusDontTouchMe
Last edited by Frustrasian on Nov 16, 2015, 5:14:14 PM
Sorry, I have yet another noob question xD

The two curses are auto cast only when you hit with firestorm? Or is it when you hit with anything? Do you actually use firestorm manually? I don't quite understand the mechanics.
"
Loki94300 wrote:
Sorry, I have yet another noob question xD

The two curses are auto cast only when you hit with firestorm? Or is it when you hit with anything? Do you actually use firestorm manually? I don't quite understand the mechanics.

That's okay. The two curses are linked to firestorm.

Now you can put firestorm in a 4l and use curse on hit + firestorm + curse + curse for manual casting of firestorm

OR put it in a 5l with a low level firestorm + low level cwdt + curse on hit + curse + curse. So anything that remotely touches you will proc the firestorm and cast on them. This is good because if a hard hitting range mob hits you from afar and you can't see/reach them quite yet. Firestorm will fall right on their head. enfeebling or temp chaining them depending on the curses you have.
ign DominusDontTouchMe
Still viable ?
---

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info