Would a new league solve problems?

"
miljan wrote:

Incorrect. D3 is great example where the system works, as after the removal of AH and RMAH, the number of players and how long they play is several times more than when the drop rates where shit.

Also you can go and ask why people quit PoE, and do you know what will most of them say? The drop rates are shit, progression is very bad, and balanced like a korean free to play game, so they leave. So, is that a example of bad drop rates actually decrease the longevity of the game?

But again d3 is best example, you had shit drop rates and AH, people started leaving in drows, they changed it, and now the game is played a lot more with people investing over 1000h in the game.

I dont think thats true, I think d3 struggles to hold its players at all. Back before ladders a lot of us played d3 for a good few 1000 hours before feeling done with it. Now when people go back theyre done after a week or two, its only the ladders bringing them back each time, the item system is absolutely terrible and has destroyed the longevity of that game.

You talk about people leaving poe because of bad drops, and yet Ive seen so many of those posts and theyre usually people who have played poe for far longer than most people get out of a diablo season now. Its literally just the seasons that are holding that game together.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Incorrect. D3 is great example where the system works, as after the removal of AH and RMAH, the number of players and how long they play is several times more than when the drop rates where shit.

Also you can go and ask why people quit PoE, and do you know what will most of them say? The drop rates are shit, progression is very bad, and balanced like a korean free to play game, so they leave. So, is that a example of bad drop rates actually decrease the longevity of the game?

But again d3 is best example, you had shit drop rates and AH, people started leaving in drows, they changed it, and now the game is played a lot more with people investing over 1000h in the game.

I dont think thats true, I think d3 struggles to hold its players at all. Back before ladders a lot of us played d3 for a good few 1000 hours before feeling done with it. Now when people go back theyre done after a week or two, its only the ladders bringing them back each time, the item system is absolutely terrible and has destroyed the longevity of that game.

You talk about people leaving poe because of bad drops, and yet Ive seen so many of those posts and theyre usually people who have played poe for far longer than most people get out of a diablo season now. Its literally just the seasons that are holding that game together.

Back before ladder, people stopped playing the game after one month of release how bad it was. We had people moving here to PoE, where a lot of players where disappointed with the game. You would also see a huge drop in popularity from things like twitch and similar.

After the removal of AH, the thing is totally different, both from feedback, number of players, how long they play, twitch popularity (after the expansion you can easy see d3 popularity constantly high for almost a year). Literally everything shows that removing the shitty AH and other improvements made it so that a lot more people are constantly playing the game for a lot more time than before.

I know that people want to believe shit drop rates improve a game (as PoE has the worst drop rates from all non korean arpg ever made), they dont. They are there as artificial limitation that very little people get hooked on (compared to how many just leave the game), and most leave, because, that type of balance brings more harm than good.

And I can tell you what is holding both PoE and d3 together, its not drop rates, its constant updates to the game in intervals, both POE and d3. Thats really whats holding the games, updates (and I am not talking about shitty balance changes for the sake of it, I am taking about new content to the game), other way both game would be long dead by now.

Last edited by miljan on Sep 3, 2015, 6:16:01 PM
Permanent self found league, without legacies, solves 50% of problems. The other 50% are the Item mods and Craft system, it's too "hard" or better to say too "long" to get decent gear. Well I would to play with GG Gear, or at least have a chance to do it, without spend thousands of "exalted" or "hours", I would to prefer a "normal" craft, also to have some chance to make a "fair" PVP.

In general I agree with Permanent Self Found League, without legacies. Also I would have a reason to buy stash tabs.

Edit: another problem is the game is far from user friendly for new users, it should be semplified a lot too.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Sep 3, 2015, 6:53:42 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:

How about people who dont have 1000s hours to spend playing games don't set unattainable goals for themselves?

This, stop trying to get the same out of PoE then the people that spend time and effort in achieving such.
"
Jaxxxson wrote:
Theoretically it would satisfy most people who came from Diablo 3, but it would partition the user base even further than 4 leagues and the people who play this religious and casually.

A valid point. I'm sure many of us have played MMOs and can relate to the fact that one of the ways those games tend to die off is decreasing population of a server. However, I would argue that the player-base interested in a self-found league would not have a negative impact on any of the other existing leagues. In fact, it should be a good thing as it would better align the players with their interests. For example, if someone randomly invites me to a group or guild, I simply decline because that's not how I want to experience my play-through (although I'm not suggesting a self-found league can't have a party system; this is just an example of how I personally have no impact on the perceived population of a specific league).

In addition, the whole point of my OP is to retain or regain players who would otherwise be missing from the game. If a self-found league gets them or keeps them involved in the game, it means possibility for financial support that would otherwise be gone.

"
RockGod wrote:
Any sort of self found option would separate the Sheep from the Wolves.

The Wolves need the Sheep to prey on, can't Flip without suckers selling their valuable gears for pennies on the dollar and other suckers buying those items for exalt$, or currency flipping.

The 1% elite need you, GGG likes it like this.

And that's how it is.

Another valid point. Any proper economy has a currency sink along with people at the top and people at the bottom. However, I'd again argue that removing people who are not interested in trading from an economy would have little to no impact on those who do. Again, segregating those two player-styles should only better align the populations with similar interests.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info