Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

What about chancing rates?
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
I would like to temper everyone's expectations. Four times a miniscule number is still a miniscule number.
"
All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

No alternative new character for dex/strength/ intelligence? But if observe well all foes and bosses just have the same design like 7 character, just change the surface texture. Why not make alternative new character and take the animation from old 7 character?
No pants as promise?
No chaos skill.
No Maelström Projectile.
This seems really great, there is just one other thing I would like to see....

Please put a cap on the number of fusings it takes to 6link an item. At almost 3k fuses on my bow now, feelsbadman.
"
All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

Guys calm down! Lets do the math.

1% chance to drop * 4 = 4% chance to drop. Don't get your hopes up! :)
^(if even that high)
I thought "twink" was a term referring to scrawny gay men clearly I was mistaken.
Why wouldn't you wait till the end of the league to make that kind of change? I already find it ridiculous to increase by 4X (could have started by 2 and see how it works out), but doing this in the middle of a temporary league? Looks like I won't be putting 1$ more for you guys. The last decisions made about the supporter unique items changed without even asking them (like Mors item), The "4 TIMES MJOLNERS AND SHAVRONNES!!", etc. It's really starting to look like Activison Blizzard GGG, or at least it's a pretty big step in that direction. (See Diablo 3 Uniques suddenly raining from the sky to bring back players). Anyway, I'm really disappointed in that kind of decision in a short term league.
bad change imo :( surprising and not welcome at all.
"
Bladerunner83 wrote:
"

Guys calm down! Lets do the math.

1% chance to drop * 4 = 4% chance to drop. Don't get your hopes up! :)
^(if even that high)

Yeah but it's still 4X. So right now instead of having 15 Mjolner on XYZ (Tempest that is) after almost 2 months in the league, well there would be 60. Now you go ahead with the maths.
"
Bwelder wrote:
It's really starting to look like Activison Blizzard GGG, or at least it's a pretty big step in that direction. (See Diablo 3 Uniques suddenly raining from the sky to bring back players). Anyway, I'm really disappointed in that kind of decision in a short term league.

We're not there yet. Tho, this isn't the last buff to unique droprates. People will still complain after this change, and GGG will buff them, again, eventually. I'm not sure how I feel about it, I already didn't care about almost none of the unique drops cause they were already so common. Anything less than a Windripper was already dropping all the time. Meh. There was a time in this game where you would get excited when Alpha's Howl dropped, now I guess mirror drop or Headhunter will be only things to give you a high.

So, we're not there yet.. but we will be soon enough.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Sep 1, 2015, 12:49:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info