[2.0] Lowlife Incinerate - 30k TT DPS + insanely Tanky - Easy High level Map clear - Lvl 100 WB !

[Disclaimer: Still a Work in Progress :)]

Introduction:

UPDATE 21/09/2015:
- Big Guide Overhaul
- Added Leveling Section
- Core Malachai Deathless + Uber Atziri down (2 Man party though - With curser friend)
UPDATE 09/09/2015:
- Changed Shield from Prism Guardian to Daresso's Courage - now 72 Block / 75 Spell Block with Rumi's Concoction Flask up and 0 points invested in the tree!
- Little Change in jewels - still a WIP as my jewels are far from BiS
- Build feels MUCH tankier with the added block. Lost 1-2k DPS and 2 Auras for it.
- Updated the CWDT-Setups section with new options.

Hi everyone, i wanted to share my Lowlife incinerate character with you.
I reached Level 100 like 10 days ago in Warbands (My first 100)!

CAREFUL - This build is NOT a beginners build - you will need several exalted orbs of currency to get this build going. HOWEVER - this does not mean you need to have hundreds of ex and mirrored gear for this to work. Just a 5L shavs + decent ES based gear and you are good to go!

If you have questions on this build just PM me ingame - Triss_Merisilver on Warbands!

Short introduction to this build:

You will be playing with Incinerate as your main damage ability, running 6 auras (Purity of Fire, Anger, Arctic Armour, Clarity, Grace, Discipline) and 4 defensive Flasks + Chaos golem for nice defense.
This build can reach 30k+ tooltip DPS with LMP on incinerate in a 6L and over 9k ES with the right gear and a high level.
It is nice for party play because of the auras, and you can also carry 6-man-Parties with low aoe DPS through high level maps.

Pro's and Con's of this build:

Pro's

Very high damage, even in 6 man parties
Of course very good solo as well!
Nice support for parties with the Auras
Can do every map mod except for blood magic (Elemental reflect is possible, but not the nicest thing to do)
Can solo almost all bosses (more detail on this later)
Very easy atziri (Fullclear in under 5 minutes)
EXTREMELY tanky with all Flasks up
Almost Max Block / Max Spellblock with almost no investment with Daresso Shield
No problems with Reflect
I like the playstyle of incinerate :)

Con's

Kinda expensive build to begin with (You want a Shavronnes - it got a lot cheaper lately though!)
To be extremely tanky, one has to activate Flasks every couple of seconds
Reflect in -max Maps can be a problem, but rarely is.
Prolongued boss fights are sometimes difficult if you cannot have flasks up 100% of the time
Uber Atziri Solo is probably difficult - I killed Uber yesterday with my Curse Support friend.

Why Lowlife and not Life based Incinerate?

Well, its mostly just the Damage. With life-based Max Block/spell block incinerate you maybe have half the DPS of my build, maybe even less. Most of the Damage comes from the Pain attunement node in the top right Area of the tree which gives 30% MORE damage on Low life, and the use of the Anger aura.
The Life version is a bit tankier though i believe, but only if you also have great gear.
The Lowlife version is also superior in Party play, which i do in 90% of the time, because of all the Auras and more DPS.

Character Choices:

I think Witch is the best, followed by Scion (the Difference is just 2 or 3 nodes, with scion you would enter the tree through the Spell damage branch)
You could do ranger as well as Shadow, but i dont recommend it, the Starting nodes are worse then the other 2 options.

Stats of this build:

Offence: ~30k Incinerate LMP Tooltip DPS, ~45k Slower Projectiles Tooltip DPS

Defence: 8k-9k ES (Currently at 9.1k), 81/75/76 Resists WITHOUT flasks, 94/75/90 WITH flasks, more then 0 Chaos resist, more then 70% Phys Mitigation with Flasks up and AA+Chaos Golem, more then 60% Evasion with Flasks and Grace Aura, ~100 es regen /sec, Fast Movement Speed, 72 Block / 75 Spell Block with Rumi Flask up, 30 Block / 36 Spell Block without.

Here are some stat pictures of my character so you can see what to expect with good gear and high level:

Incinerate Tooltip

Defenses without Flasks + Tempest Shield

Defenses with Flasks + Tempest Shield

Ok, so now its time to move on to the detailed aspects of this build.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skilltree:

Level 100 Skill Tree

Actually taking one more good Jewel instead of the 3 +6% ES nodes is better. I dont have one currently though :)

Nothing too special about the skill tree really. Just pick up a LOT of Energy Shield nodes, pick up the Jewels you can get, pick up the available Aura nodes, get Ghost reaver, Zealots Oath, of course Pain attunement for 30% more damage. Pick up flask nodes they are really awesome with this build, like Alchemist at witch start and Primal spirit at the Ranger start.
I did use the Conduit Keystone near the Scion start in party play/ high maps up to 100 , because i always play with a 5-Curser in my Party and he gives me Frenzy and Endurance Charges through Curses, and i give them back to him with Conduit. You obviously do not need it for Solo play. Its just a one Skill point investment and i think everyone should get this Point if they are near it with every build, when playing in parties. Really good help for your team with just a single point invested.

Leveling:

You should Level this as a Life-based character and respec later. I go routes which are close to the respecced version so it doesnt get too expensive to respec.

Take Spell Damage/Fire Damage/Cast speed nodes in the beginning and add some Life.

Get more Life nodes along the tree and Path your way down to Heart of Oak

Path to all Aura nodes available for the build. If you have all, and your Gear, respec to Low Life.
I dont have the perfect "Level" right now in my mind for your respec. Keep in mind that you could grab some more Life nodes if you feel too squishy, or more damage nodes instead of the Aura nodes, and then just respec some more Points.
What your skilltree should look like ~~ at respec: (This is a level 71 Skill tree)

Pick up more ES nodes, jewels, Spell Damage, Cast speed, Flask nodes (very important), Ghost Reaver

Some thoughts about Ghost Reaver: With only 0.2% Life Leech on Wand with Catarina Craft, this Node is NOT worth it. I only run it because most of the Time in parties somebody curses Warlords Mark which gives alot of Life Leech.
If you play solo, you could skip Leech entirely. It is NOT neccesary to survive. If you are in clutch situations, just Lightning Warp out and wait 2 Seconds for your ES to recharge. Doesnt happen often though :)

Bandits:
Normal: Kill all
Cruel: Help Alira
Merciless: Kill all or Help Oak

The Endurance Charge in Merciless is nice if you a) use Enduring Cry consistently or b) play with somebody who curses Warlords Mark in Party play. If you do neither, just get the Skillpoint.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gem Choices:

Links of Incinerate:

5L you want to run Incinerate - LMP - Spell Echo - Faster Projectiles and Fire penetration.

6L you have some Choices:
1st choice is Incinerate - LMP - Spell Echo - Faster Projectiles - Fire penetration - Faster Casting. This is what i run currently. You need 3x Elreon Jewellery with -8 (I use one with -7 currently, it works) AND around 80-100 mana regeneration per second to sustain the costs of this though. I will go in detail in the gear section.

2nd choice is Incinerate - LMP - Spell Echo - Faster Projectiles - Fire penetration - Iron Will/Increased Item Rarity
This is possible with just the elreon Jewellery, because Iron Will and Rarity have no additional Mana Multiplier. Faster Casting is better though.

In Solo play Bossfights and if you want to do Atziri, you can just exchange Faster Projectiles with Slower projectiles for an insane Single target DPS boost.

Mana Calculations with Incinerate

I will do some Calculations here with Incinerates Mana cost. The breaking point for Incinerate is Levels 14 to 15 and 19 to 20, where the Base Mana cost goes up from 8 to 9.
In lategame you will have a 20/20 Incinerate or 21/20 if you can afford it, so i will make the Calculations based on a 9 Mana base cost.

The 5L and the 6L without FC Setup will have a Mana cost of 9 * 1.4 * 1.4 * 1.1 * 1.4 for a total of 27.
The 6L Setup (with FC) will have a Mana cost of 9 * 1.4 * 1.4 * 1.1 * 1.4 * 1.2 for a total of 32.
With 3* -8 Elreon jewellery, you are left with 3 for 5L, and 8 for the 6L.
My build currently has 21.28 Casts of Incinerate per second (you can check this in the character tab under Offence section when you select Incinerate).
Half of this are generated through Spell Echo which are free of cost, so i will just calculate with 10 Casts per second now.
With 3 Mana cost per cast you need 30 Mana reg/second to sustain, which is very easy to achieve, even without clarity.
With 8 Mana cost per cast you need 80 Mana reg/second to sustain, for which you need Clarity AND at least 2 jewellery pieces with Mana Regeneration.
My character currently has 40/s without and 106/s with Clarity.

Auras:
TL;DR Version
Auras on Life: Anger + Arctic Armour
Auras on Mana: Purity of Fire + Discipline + Grace + Clarity (Swap Clarity for Purity of Lightning in No regen/less regen maps)

Long Version:
On Life we will be using Arctic Armour + Anger + Blood Magic (think lvl 18+ should be enough) in a 3L.
On Mana we now need an Enlighten Lvl 3 Gem + a decently high Mana Pool (i have like 890) to be able to cast all those Auras. My Links are:
Purity + Discipline + Grace + Enlighten (Lvl 3) and an unlinked Clarity.
Because we do not need Clarity in No regen/ Less regen maps, i swap it out for Purity of Lightning in those. It reserves almost the same amount of Mana.
Also remember that you do not need Clarity at all before have a 6L Incinerate with Faster Casting. Put Purity of Lightning up instead then.

Outdated Prism Guardian Version

Auras:
TL;DR Version
Auras on Life: Grace + Anger + Discipline + Clarity
Auras on Mana: Vitality + Purity of Lightning + Purity of Fire + Arctic Armour

"Longer" Version:
On Life i run Grace + Anger + Discipline in a Prism Guardian Shield, and Clarity (Level 20) linked to Blood Magic. Clarity is NOT needed before you acquire a 6-Link and want to use Faster Casting - you can just run a Herald of Thunder or Herald of Ice linked to Blood Magic then. (You may need to spec 1 or 2 more reduced Mana nodes in the Sovereignity aura cluster for this to work, i dont remember)
Note that you do need a high level BM gem - i think 19 or 20 should be what you want.

On Mana i run Vitality - Purity of Lightning - Purity of Fire and Arctic Armour. I think you could also swap out Vitality for the third Purity but it feels nice to run with a lot of regeneration, especially in Maps with the Desecrated Ground effect.

Mobility:
I tried using Flame Dash but i dont really like the Range limitation. I swapped to Lightning Warp + Less duration, it feels MUCH better in my opinion.

CWDT-Setup:
You have multiple Options here. You have a 4L + a 2L for CWDT setups.

Things to keep in mind: If you are doing this build, the CWDT setups are the last thing you should worry about. They are not mandatory to play this build, just an added bonus of survivability, especially in high level maps where it hurts to die. Do NOT feel pressured to do them 100% like i do,
do it as the last thing to optimize in your build after the rest is polished.

Options:
4L : CWDT + Curse on Hit + Firestorm + Enfeeble (20/20) - with Curse on Hit setup you can bypass the otherwise Low level curse you would need to run with a low level CWDT.
Use this setup if you mainly run solo and dont have a dedicated curser in your group.

What i currently use:
4L : CWDT(level 13) + Molten Shell + Summon Chaos Golem + Immortal Call - Golem uptime 100% with this Setup, lvl 20 is not needed for 4% reduced phys damage. Molten Shell for Bonus Armor and some damage reduction. Immortal Call only when you either have a Warlords Mark Curser or use self Cast Enduring Cry.
3L : CWDT(level 1) + Tempest Shield + Summon Skeletons - the Tempest Shield adds an additional 3% Block and 4% Spell Block and will be up when you take little damage. Skeletons are a bonus distraction.

If you run solo use the Curse setup - a curse is better then the Molten Shell thing.

Golem:
I use a chaos golem for the 4% additional physical damage Mitigation, i feel that this is the best option. Your Golem should be at least Lvl 12, mine is lvl 15 currently because that is the highest my lvl 13 CWDT gem supports.
Linked to CWDT your Golem will be up 100% of the time.

Both setups leave 1 socket free, which you could use one of the following: Enduring Cry, Rallying Cry, Vaal Haste, Vaal Discipline, Vaal Lightning Trap (personal Preference)
I now do use the Vaal Lightning Trap - it adds some nice damage on boss fights.

Gear Choices:

First, you NEED at least a Shavronnes Wrappings for this build to work. The Shavronnes should be 5L or better 6L of course. Prefer a high ES% roll over anything else on the Shavronnes.

Budget Version: Use a 5L Solaris Lorica. Doable, but you lose a Lot of ES... And the rest of the Gear is not exactly budgety as well.

Second, you NEED 3 pieces of Elreon Jewellery with reduced Mana cost. The mana cost of the different Incinerate Links matter here. Easiest solution is of course -8 on all 3 pieces. You dont neccesarily need that though for 5L/cheap 6L version, maybe you can fit in 1 or even 2 with just -7. You should NOT go lower though.

Third, you want as much ES/resists/Intelligence as possible on the rest of your gear.

Priority Stats on Gear:
1. As much base ES as possible
2. As much Resists as possible, including Chaos resistance
3. Intelligence
4. Dex enough to hit the Req of Grace (155 Dex) - Keep in mind i do run Lvl 19 Grace right now because i miss like 2 Dex

Detailed for each piece:

Body Armour

Shavs.

Shield

You have 2 Big options here:

Prism Guardian - old Version
Pro's of Prism Guardian are: 2 more Auras (PoL and Vitality) resulting in more max. Lightning res and ~200 more ES regeneration / sec
Much easier to cap resistances with Prism Guardian version. 37% all Res on the Shield+ the Purity help. :)
Dexterity helps with Grace requirement (155 dex for lvl 20).
If you decide to run PG, you can save 2 reduced Mana nodes (Sovereignity Cluster, Top left Tree Side)

Daresso's Courage: 30% Block + 120% of Block Chance applied to Spell Block on Low Life, which is CRAZY good. With just the Shield that is 30 Block / 36 Spell Block. With Tempest Shield it is 33 Block / 40 Spell Block. With a 30% Block Rumis and Tempest Shield i go to 72 Block / 75 Spell Block!
Not a single skill point in the tree is needed to achieve this!

What you need to note when using Courage: It is harder to cap Resistances in comparison to a Character with Prism Guardian. Use jewels to boost your missing resistances/stats.

Main difference in Gem setup if you decide to use one or the other shield is the Auras. Read about that in the Auras section.

Helmet
ES+Resists+Intelligence. I crafted + All Attributes on my helm because its a) more INT and b) i needed those for gear requirements.

Boots
ES+Resists+Int+Movespeed+Chaos res in good values is the Dream. There is not much boots like that available though.

Gloves
Same as Boots, except you dont need Movespeed. You can get even more ES because of that because that theoretically opens 1 affix for Hybrid ES roll.

Belt
You do want Flask duration + Flask charges gained and maybe Chaos res as Suffixes of your choice. Good Prefixes are Flat es and armour. My belt
is a heavy belt because i needed the Strength, you will probably need it as well :)

Wand
Spell Damage + Flat Fire damage to Spells + Cast speed is what you want, along with an Open prefix to craft Fire Leech with Catarina on it.
Projectile Speed is nice to have as well as %Fire Damage, but a Wand with all that Properties in good rolls is maybe too expensive :)

Amulet and Rings

Please also read the Mana Calculations section under Gems!

You are limited here. You need the -8 Elreon mod, preferably on resist-based rings and an attribute based amulet (i use amber for the STR)
Bonus stats on the Rings include Mana reg, Resists, Flat ES, %ES, Cast speed, Intelligence, and other Attributes if you need those. You also need Mana Reg on 2 slots here if you want to run Faster Casting in the 6L, which limits you even more. (with good rolls)

If you are looking for perfect endgame solutions, you want a Rare 2-Affix base with -8 and one other good stat like i said above in a high tier, and then Multimod it with %ES mod of elreon and the other stats you need to cap resists/get enough Mana reg/Bonus ES or int if you have those. Instead of a 2-Affix-Base you can of course also use a 3-Affix base with -8 and two desirable stats, and multimod it for 2 more stats.
"Budget variant" here is to skip multimod and just put either %ES on it (less risky if the roll is bad) or just mod Int for also 5% max ES. (or Resist of course)

Short note: My multimodded Elreon rings are a luxury and in no way required to run the build. I have added one just yesterday actually. You just lose some ES.
My left ring is still to be divined to a good roll. Got 6% es on mastercraft - after 4 divines it now looks like it is.

Jewels
Just get any combination of ES%/Resists that you are missing/Stats that you are missing/Spell Damage/Spell Damage with Shields/Cast Speed/Cast speed with Shields/Cast speed with fire Skills/Projectile Damage/increased Damage/increased Fire Damage - may have forgot some here.

Gems
You want Quality on your Incinerate, the rest is completely optional. What i did is buy an incinerate with Quality, all the other Gems i just manually leveled to 20,
added quality with the GCP recipe and leveled them to 20 again.
If you can afford it - a 21/20 incinerate is a really nice boost to DPS. What you should do is level 6x Incinerate in your Offhand to 20/20 and corrupt them yourself. I got one 21/20 in my first set of 6 incinerates along with 2 level 19s, and my second set is halfway to 20/20 again :)

Flasks

Flasks are VERY IMPORTANT for this build!!! And it is NOT very costly to roll them good!
With all the Flask nodes and the Flask effects of your Gear, your Flasks get very strong with this build.
I recommend using one Granite (Rumis), one Topaz, one Ruby, one Jade and one Quicksilver Flask.
You need at least 1 removes Bleeding Suffix.

We use a Rumis Concoction for Easy max block/spell Block. To compensate for the lost Iron Skin suffix on a regular Granite (XX% increased Armor) i instead rolled that one on my Quicksilver Flask.

For Prefixes you want Perpetual on all of them for faster recharging. (Surgeons does nothing as we never crit with incinerate)
How to roll them: Take 5 or maybe more base flasks, all white with high enough iLvL to roll what you need (iLvL 28 is enough for everything).
Quality them up to 20% with baubles and roll them with alterations, until you hit a desirable combination. You can roll more because i think if you only need a
removes bleeding for example, but roll a Perpetual Topaz of Heat (just an example) you could just sell that in your shop for a couple of chaos and roll another one
for minimal currency investment.

Roll your Flasks before you upgrade to other more expensive gear! Do it as soon as you hit 69 and equip Shavs/PG!! It is easy and WILL save your life!

Map Mods:
You can do every Map mod except for Blood Magic. You can do Ele reflect. With flasks up it does not hurt at all. Without, it does and is dangerous. I would advise against doing Ele reflect maps when you reach a level where dying hurts.
Ele reflect and -max / Ele Weakness when u are not overcapped is impossible.

Map mods you need to change something is the No regen/Less Regen mods. What i do is simply swap Fire penetration with Iron Will to go down to a Mana Cost of 0 for
unlimited Incinerate Spamming. If you play Iron Will in your Main setup you just need to swap out any Gem with Mana Multi to get you to 0.
When you are playing the Daressos Version, you can swap out your Clarity for Purity of Lightning in maps with no regen or reduced regen. Your Incinerate costs 0 Mana anyways.
I also swap out my Lightning Warp with Flame dash in those maps, so that i do not lose mobility. This is only important in dangerous maps. (An example would be the Flameblast using Beyond Boss in a no regen map - you want a mobility skill for that one, trust me ^^)

Video section: To be added in the future. Have no experience with doing Videos, i think i will add a Malachai/Uber Atziri Fight though soon. And some hard map clear :)

How do i deal with Stun and Freeze?
You may have noticed i dont use Unwavering Stance nor Lioneyes Paws. Stun in this Build can be a problem but rarely is. You have a lot of Anti Stun nodes (Practical Application and Heart of Oak).
Freeze IS a problem - my only unfreezing option is the Flask with Heat Suffix - this yields to problems at Bosses like Merveil in Graveyard or Necropolis Map.
With problems i mean you should no get hit by every of their ice spells - just dodge them and when you dont, pop your unfreeze flask and continue to kill them.
Until you have good gear and some experience playing this build you should probably skip the 2 Merveil bosses.
Also quite difficult is the Beyond Boss Haast (the cold one), just skip him or nuke him in 10 seconds with all your flasks up (definetely possible solo)

Update 09/09/2015: With Max Spell Block, the cold bosses have become significantly easier.

Bosses:
I solo'd all Bosses in the game with ease except for Core Malachai and Uber Atziri.
However, i did kill them yesterday both together with Cookie (my 5-Curse support friend).
Malachai we went both deathless, On Uber Atziri we actually both died twice at the first Mirror Phase and after that deathless. It is 100% possible Deathless with bit more Practice at Uber Atziri. Vaals/Trio where no problem at all.
I did not try Core Malachai solo yet. Might be possible, but as you have to stand still while doing damage, a 2nd Player as a distraction is really good to have.

I hope i covered most of the aspects of this build!

Hope you enjoyed reading this and have fun with this build if you decide to play it :)

Cheers, scoobay
ign: KilaMunis
Last edited by scoobay on Sep 21, 2015, 8:16:01 AM
looking very nice,going to try this out!
Always wanted to do one. Looks really promising.
Hi,

What about life leech gem and vaal pact? Is 0.2% fire leech really enough?

Hey, regarding vaal pact:

i have thought about doing so, but i have not tried it yet. The leech is really not much with just the weapon, i often play in party though with a warlods mark curser which grants additional leech.
I dont know how the loss of the life regen would feel like though - 350 es/ second is quite a bit with vitality aura, especially with things like desecrated ground (which does 0 damage to me)

i did play with a life leech gem today - instead of fire penetration (didnt want to recolor my armor) - and in -max ele reflect it does not help (single mobs, not the map mod), and every other reflect is no problem with ruby flask.
i think acuity + life leech gem would be awesome of course, i would try if i had enough currency to buy an acuity.

"
scoobay wrote:
i think acuity + life leech gem would be awesome of course, i would try if i had enough currency to buy an acuity.

Acuity = instant leech on crit.

Free bump.
Casually casual.

lol, thanks for the hint with acuity, i completely forgot about that :D

i am currently theorycrafting my build around the daressos courage unique shield (lots of block+ spell block on low life) and will update my guide when i found a good solution to fit it in my build :)
UPDATED the guide with new Shield (Daresso's Courage)!
This is really, really interesting.
I have a incinerate marauder, but the mechanics is completely different.
I never played low life, but don't you need life leech? Like taking FC out and putting life leech for survivability.
Hey, i have tested life leech gem instead of Fire penetration. I have not really found it is needed for survivability.
If you swap it out for Faster casting though hmmm...
It has 130% mana Multiplier compared to 120% for Faster casting this gives incinerate a Mana cost of 35 instead of 32, but with the reduced Mana cost because of lower casts/sec this should work out.
You also lose a lot of DPS, which is kinda the point of this build compared to Life based incinerate.

The thing is - The only things that could kill you are one-shot mechanics. I died once at 98 to a Detonate Dead strongbox that activated like 15 seconds after i opened it... Not again :P
And Life leech does not really do anything with those.
I think you are fine without life leech gem!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info