[2.0]GomennaScion's ThorTank (Mjölner, ZO, CI, Max Block)

Sorry for the late reply folks! I haven't really played for the past couple of weeks but I can still answer questions lol

"
Pestpocke wrote:
What Ring Would u wear when u don't have a shavronnes? ( life reg/maybe Resis/ es)Cant afford 30ex for this*^
And it's really hard to get a shield with 1k+ / 400+ , xD

Example ring:

For prefix, the best would be Attack Speed/ES/ES%, and for suffix it's whatever that you're needing. You can get a decent one for 1EX or less, although the ES% craft costs 2EX and it may take a few divines to get a good roll on it.

It is indeed very hard to get a really good shield. It's one of those few things that are actually extremely difficult to find even on Standard. I can't really say there's any way around this though...just gotta keep an eye out for it.

It's a bit of an anomaly since NONE of the top builds actually cares that much about all the stats that this build cares about. It's super rare to even find one for sale, but part of that is because a lot of the most popular item filters don't even look for them.

"
EcNeRWaLJ wrote:
V nice build.

Can you do an Atziri run video?

I like this build as it's tanky ALL THE TIME, not just when attacking (leeching etc) and it's using my fav skill discharge (well the dominus video was).

How about using life leech in mjolner with discharge to make this even more facetanky (if you haven't done so already) but you'll have to spend 3 more points to get Ghost reaver. TBH I'm not sure if it's worth it (average discharge dmg?) but maybe worth a test... Easier for reflect maybe?

And maybe using a shavs wrappings would be tankier and more dps? (not sure, but running twice as many aura's wouldn't hurt)

Also maybe Ele equilibrium might give you a v nice dps boost? Need to drop herald of thunder though but maybe not that great because of tempest shield also? (test? xD)

Thank you :)

I forgot to take the Atziri video and I don't really play anymore, but I may get around to it. I do remember that I bring FIVE staunching flasks with me because Corrupted Blood on the tri-boss room before Atziri is the only thing that gives me any troubles, and I actually failed my first run when I brought only two staunching flasks and tried to tough it out. Atziri herself is stupid easy.

Yea, one of the main perks is the tankiness is always on. I've frequently had giant lag spikes, only to come back and see that everything died to Reckoning Mjolner.

I've tried Life Leech but the build is tanky enough as it is that I don't really need it. It does make Reflect easy, but this build doesn't really have much troubles against reflect either. The only thing to watch out for on Reflect maps is when there's Allies Cannot Die totems or rares, because I'll easily outlast normal packs with my current gear taking only about 25% of my HP with no potions used. The L. Penetration goes a long way in increasing my DPS since I don't take any DPS nodes and any damage bonuses comes from jewels.

I've thought really hard about using shav wraps, but I came to the conclusion that it's not really worth it. The main reason is that it takes a lot of points to reach Blood Magic when you can see my passive tree is really tight as it is. You're also looking at losing 400+ES on the chestpiece, and also having to worry about getting Chaos Resistance. I dunno, maybe someone can revise the passive tree to make it worthwhile. I just couldn't find it.

I don't really think EE would work too well, since not every enemy hit by my Discharge is also hit by my Molten Strike on every proc. Also, I'm pretty sure Arc instantaneously hits so it would go Molten Strike (Mjolner proc)->Arc->Discharge, leaving the most important Discharge damage hitting for 25% less. Tempest Shield is also anti-synergy as you mentioned.

"
dr460nf1r3 wrote:
Why does this require romiras if you are going dual arc in the mjolner?
also, can i use aegis with that build, or could you try aegis and see what stats it gives?

Sorry for the confusion, I assume you watched my video. I was using Dual Arc when I made the video, and then realized shortly after that my damage goes way up with Romira's-Discharge. I could use Voll's Devotion to complete the RainbowNuke build, but taking off Stone of Lazhwar would defeat the purpose of this build imo.

Aegis does not work at all with this build. I actually tested it out, but you need a LOT more armor to make Aegis worthwhile. I can't recall the specific numbers, but I remember losing more than half of my armor and over 2000 ES when wearing Aegis instead of the the shield I'm using now. Some quick math seems to back this up also. This build can't possibly reach even half the Armor values of a true Aegis build since I need to get ES wherever I can.
www.twitch.tv/Sushin for various games, generally laid back
Last edited by North2 on Sep 25, 2015, 12:11:38 AM
what about aegis for shield if icant find a GG AR/ES shield likes urs?
MFJonesHC
I would personally go with just a shield with a lot of armor over an Aegis until something better shows up. The only Armour that this build gets is from the shield. With the Aegis you're looking at around 2,500 Armour, which will only regen 50ES every time you block with Aegis's special effect. Against fast-hitting mobs this still sounds amazing, but this build doesn't care about fast-hitting mobs as can be seen by my Shock and Horror video.

The arch-nemesis of this build and any block-based tank build is big one-shots and two-shots that can kill you on the occasions that you don't block. Against these mobs, the Aegis effect does virtually nothing. The high Armour from a mediocre shield will help a lot against getting one-shot by physical damage.

www.twitch.tv/Sushin for various games, generally laid back
"
North2 wrote:
I would personally go with just a shield with a lot of armor over an Aegis until something better shows up. The only Armour that this build gets is from the shield. With the Aegis you're looking at around 2,500 Armour, which will only regen 50ES every time you block with Aegis's special effect. Against fast-hitting mobs this still sounds amazing, but this build doesn't care about fast-hitting mobs as can be seen by my Shock and Horror video.

The arch-nemesis of this build and any block-based tank build is big one-shots and two-shots that can kill you on the occasions that you don't block. Against these mobs, the Aegis effect does virtually nothing. The high Armour from a mediocre shield will help a lot against getting one-shot by physical damage.

Could you pretty please upload a video of a higher lvl map boss? Like 80+ map.

I like this build very much and i would like to see how it does in higher lvl maps.

Or anyone who has this build and tried 80+ maps please let me know how it went.

Thanks a lot!
I think the damage isn't enough without discharge. I'd go for a voll's devotion and rathpith globe for the spell damage. Then run 2-3 rumis so you always have armor from a flask, and possibly get flask effect nodes/jewel.

Other than that I like the concept.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Build is amazing.

What's a better helmet than Vertex?

Also, how to scale even more es via exalts and really push the character?

I'm using a

Right now so I can get the 3R and 3G gems for molten strike / lightning strike, works fucking great and is a great armor for this build. But you said in your video that the vertex could be better, so I'm just trying to min/max that's all.

If you run this build with blasphemy and conductivity and use my armor setup, you can get around 2.7k tooltip on arc and get attack speed jewels and get around 5.78 APS

Damage is not that bad.

Get the 6l Splendor and then we get another extra 4link... this build has huge potential.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Also

Replace one of your rings with:

The Pariah

1k + more flat ES.. Holy shit!
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info