Merciless - advice

"
DRBrown994 wrote:
"
You need LL or LoH for melee. Some way to regen or you're toast. Use elemental flasks accordingly, they are probably worth more than granites. I'd use enfeeble with CDWT, even at level 5, it provides a 23% debuff. That's enormous! You're armor can only take you so far. Even at 90%, it's not as godly as it looks on paper.

Get more life and mobility. If you can't leech life, then you can't tank and that means a hit and run strategy. Bring a golem, they provide a buff but also give the enemy another target. Just invaluable. Use Vaal Summon Skeletons. Brings forth an army and at high level with proper support gems, can solo some mid 70 bosses. Best gem in the game for hard fights. Kaom's palace is actually fairly hard.

Yeah LL didn't even seem like an option, probably is now thanks and will use enfeeble.

Also, try decoy totem. It's so damn good for melee. Drop one, and everything runs to it, leaving you taking a lot less damage.

I have a Molten Strike/MS Marauder and know exactly what you're going through. It was my first real(ish) build and still get pretty wrecked at high 70 maps. I have like 70% armor, all capped resistance and it's just not enough, even with LoH. The big hits just do too much damage as most are elemental spells. You could also invest in a Lightning Coil. That helped me a lot.

Also try to link up Immortal Call and Molten Shell. IC is great for the big hits as if you don't get one-shotted, it'll give you enough time to regen. Worth it's weight in gold even with just 3 endurance charges. I'd be using Enduring Cry to build up charges before rushing into a fight, then let CWDT do the rest.

If you're going melee, I would build around one skill you can spam and then put everything else into staying alive. The moment you start shifting from this skill to that skill, it's over, or so I found.

Good luck.
Deliver pain exquisite
my best advice is to get some sort of life leech, and cap those resists. Also to me, act4 merciless seemed to curve up in difficulty higher, faster than anywhere else. Maybe try some low level maps and just level up some before you go at it again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info