[2.0] Voltaxic LA Crit Purple Death / Fast Clear / No Reflect / 1 Million potential DPS

Hello ladies and gents. I present to you a very known build that is currently achieving new heights by potentially getting stronger day by day. Here it is, the long and most enjoyable of all build, the LA Crit with Voltaxic bow.

Recently, the Spine bow had had it's critical strike chance increased from 5% to 6% making this build extremely viable taking the crit route. With this build, we mainly deal Chaos damage and we all know how much Chaos damage is strong. Not only can you ignore reflect problems, you won't even have to worry about elemental resistant mobs. Very few monster have chaos res and that, in very small amounts.

We also know how potent Lightning arrow is with it's AoE capabilities into clear packs of 40+ in a matter of a second. Mapping will be a breeze using this skill.

Pros:
-FAST clear
-All map viable. Blood Magic is doable with no auras but hits hard on our damage.
-Can carry full parties in maps 75+
-No reflect
-Fun
-1 Million DPS. Really

Cons:
-Single target is SHIT. Complete shit
-Expensive if you want dat DPS
-Kinda squishy but the tree is exploitable for HC variant
-Definitely not Atziri viable. This build isn't made for it. It's for pure mapping.

Lets get started!

___________________________________________________________________________________
Gear

___________________________________________________________________________________
Gems

Below are your Gem setup. Very straight forward
Lightning Arrow

5 Links
6 Links add

Note: Gems are placed by order of importance. Respect it.

Frenzy

5 Links

6 Links add

Note: Gems are placed by order of importance. Respect it.

Aura

3 Links

1 Link in Alpha Howl

Golem/Movement/Utility

4 Links

Tree/Bandits
Level 81 build is complete

I provided a leveling guide below. Check it out.

Bandits:

• Normal: +40 HP (Help Oak)
  • Cruel: +8% Attack Speed (Help Kraityn)
  • Merciless: Frenzy Charge (Help Kraityn)

Offense/Defense Stats
7 Frenzy Charges / 3 Power Charges / Atrizi's Flask / Blood Rage.

Note: This is GMP+CHAIN dmg. It is fucking insane.

Note: I know my evasion sucks, that is mainly because I have almost no evasion gear. With proper itemization you can easily achieve 15k+

Leveling tips
Progression

You can start using lightning arrow very early in the game but it will mana hungry
I recommend using this to do a lot of damage. 1Chaos item.

FAQs

Life leech/HP cost of skills?

I originally made this build with a Thief's Torment.

So no, you don't need a life leech gem, only this ring. On the down side, you need to drop Alpha's Howl for a tri resist evasion helm.

To sum it up, you need better general resists on other parts of your gear with a Thief's Torment.

I no longer use that ring because the amount of damage I deal and the amount of damage I leech back using my 2 Atziri flasks (2% of chaos damage leeched back) are enough to sustain my expenditures.

I also kill packs of mobs so fast that most of the time, my flasks are full. So perma 2% leech. You are only required to be cautious not to spam it.

Note: You deal a little bit of physical damage so Blood Rage's leech helps too.
Last edited by gtrans on Sep 19, 2015, 7:56:35 PM
HC viable with less then 4k health and no other damage mitigation? I know this is range but just a hit and your back to easy mode league.
Acrobatics, AA, 70% evasion rating(proper gear and bit more evasion rating from tree). If thats not a good mitigation then i dont know what is.

And ofc this is softcore variant. Heavily invested on damage than survivability. I take minimal life nodes too. It is up to you to invest more in life and general defenses.

Also, 31k GMP with GMP and Chain using Lightning Arrow. let me give you a quick math of it.

30 500 x 5 (GMP) = 152 500

152 000 x 2 (Chain) = 305 000

305 000 x 3 (LA aoe) = 915 000

Shock 915 000 x 1.5 = 1 372 000

All of it is Chaos damage...

-I know that GMP does not shotgun BUT if all 5 arrows hit a pack, the calculation is correct.
-I know that LA's aoe is limited to 3 nearby enemies. The calculation might differ depending on pack density and size.

And just for the sake of science, I once grabbed a all crit shrine and my dps went from 30k to 61k. For the lolz

This is just a rough look-through of the amount of damage I can potentially deal. When I said I heavily invested on dps, I meant it. I carry a full party in 78 maps with ease.

Now for your arguments sake, solo mapping only need 2k dps unbuffed to EASILY clear within 3-4mins.

Drop as much offensive stats as you want because even with minimal passive investment on damage, you scale your dmg with items. Go on and grab 200% increased life if you will.
Last edited by gtrans on Sep 19, 2015, 7:47:45 PM
Last edited by gtrans on Aug 31, 2015, 3:28:00 PM
life leech ? only flask ?
Last edited by snowel on Sep 2, 2015, 3:16:48 PM
"
snowel wrote:
life leech ? only flask ?

I originally made this build with a Thief's Torment.

So no, you don't need a life leech gem, only this ring. On the down side, you need to drop Alpha's Howl for a tri resist evasion helm.

To sum it up, you need better general resists on other parts of your gear with a Thief's Torment despite not being able to use a second ring.

I no longer use that ring because the amount of damage I deal and the amount of damage I leech back using my 2 Atziri flasks (2% of chaos damage leeched back) are enough to sustain my expenditures.

I also kill packs of mobs so fast that most of the time, my flasks are full. So perma 2% leech. You are only required to be cautious not to spam it.

Note: You deal a little bit of physical damage so Blood Rage's leech helps too.
Last edited by gtrans on Sep 2, 2015, 10:19:55 PM
hmm its nice. am use your build :) Thx !
Last edited by snowel on Sep 2, 2015, 5:54:05 PM
Why the Master of the Arena node?
Because it gives 1% life regen. It is to subdue the life degen from Blood Rage that is 4% of your max life per second.

With Heart of Oak, Golem's Blood and Master of the Arena we have a total of 3.6% life regen.

You will slightly lose HP with blood rage but that is only 0.4% of your max life.

It seems your skill tree is outdated.

I've just started playing again after a VERY long time and have found all my characters' skill trees have been reset. I had a lightning arrow shadow, and would like to keep that, but all of my old builds do not load in the skill-tree and neither does yours... Mind updating so I can get an idea of how my tree may have been built before? :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info