Bloodgrip, Event 1: 50 Minute Bloodgrip

This is a Signature Event. The top three experience value records across all signature races for each class wins an alternate art Demigod's Beacon at season end. You can view the current top three participants by class here.

Signature Races are Fixed Seed events, meaning that each participant plays through the same area layouts. In addition, all Signature races in a Season will use the same layout.

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Top Prizes:

The overall alive top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 alive players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Beacon (Unique Golden Flame) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 24: 10 Reward Points.
  • Level 21-23: 7 Reward Points.
  • Level 18-20: 6 Reward Points.
  • Level 15-17: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 12-14: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 9-11: 3 Reward Points.
  • Level 6-8: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Mercy Mission (The Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Dweller of the Deep (The Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Caged Brute (The Upper Prison): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Marooned Mariner (The Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Den: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Catacombs: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art The Blood Thorn Unique Item (50 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Bloodgrip: Players have the Corrupting Blood mod.

so monester who hit player get corrupted blood? meh
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"

I'd argue that monsters getting corrupted blood stacks is a very interesting mechanic because one way to maximize damage is to allow monsters to constantly hit you, stacking the debuff. it's a great way to get players to balance risk/reward.
"
bbclovesbbw wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"

I'd argue that monsters getting corrupted blood stacks is a very interesting mechanic because one way to maximize damage is to allow monsters to constantly hit you, stacking the debuff. it's a great way to get players to balance risk/reward.

I think most players will rather use this to leave mnsters with 1-2 stack behind when they have low live, risking that they will not die, not granting xp, but if they die you gain a bit of advantage in race.

Also It make boss killing a bit faster,
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 28, 2015, 12:49:56 PM
Interesting mechanic.
Censored.
wtb Bramblejack
my english sux.
As the first signature event of the season why doesn't it explain the signature affix?
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Ten minute shorter format than last season's one hour Emberwake race, but with what look to be the same points brackets for leveling.

Also, in a short race, I'm not gonna stand still for mobs to hit me, just to see 'em bleed, even if letting 'em hit me wasn't already counter-intuitive to survival. If anything, I'm gonna haveta hustle harder to get that next level bracket, or the cumulative points deficit over last season is gonna slow me down. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
As the first signature event of the season why doesn't it explain the signature affix?

Because they use a template for all the race announcement posts they do not explicitly post this information. However, if you follow the first link in Dan's post (Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.) it will take you to a page which explains the event types, and all the available mods.

There is also a write up sticky'd in the Race Discussion board with the same information.

And in case you needed the signature affix explained:
  • Bloodgrip: Players have the Corrupting Blood mod.
Last edited by ChronoExile on Sep 1, 2015, 7:55:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info