Iva's Vaal Ground Slam Build

What gems would you want to focus on getting 20 quality before the others?
IGN: Zuoc, Kuoc, Glump, Cranka
"
Kazanian wrote:
This build is so much fun. Vaal Lightning Strike is also an amazing boss killer for this.

Spoiler

@Kazanian: Hi, did you modify Iva's Skill tree as well? If so, could you link it here please?

Thanks!
Last edited by DemonBloodbath on Nov 19, 2015, 6:05:23 PM
This build is breaking faces!

I had lots of low level maps and this monstrosity is burning them all with great fun.

If you can spend like 10ex (maybe?) you will have a great time playing. This was my fastest levelling experience in this game after vaal gs got working with multistrike etc.

I try to avoid reflect maps for now (even elemental reflect can hurt on high density) and won't be really bothering with it. Since you have like %50 global critical chance, cyclone will melt the single rares/blue packs with reflect in like 1-2 seconds.

Using only 1 vaal sentencing for now, don't want to spend my all currency into this. Still works! 6 Endurance charges will keep up most of the time, it's a great damage mitigation. Still gotta work on Blood Rage and other links, my setup is still incomplete, yet working nicely.

If I ever reach level +90 I will try to perfect my setup and edit this post with further feedback. Thanks for the build.

EDIT** I've reached level 91 with okay gear but VGS got kinda shattered with 2.1 patch

If you don't have godlike gear or something, build won't be efficent anymore. It will still be fun but maintaining souls will be a lot harder.

** "The Unique Jewel, Chill of Corruption, now has 50% chance to gain an additional Vaal Soul per enemy shattered, down from 80%."

** "Vaal Ground Slam now requires 50% more souls per use, and can only store three uses. The area of effect radius bonus has been reduced from 30% to 20%."

I had a real good time tho, was the best build I ever played.
Last edited by zeigan on Dec 9, 2015, 4:59:27 PM
good build
Last edited by Dilicious on Nov 23, 2015, 10:03:11 PM
While I came to love Vaal Ground Slam and on lower to mid levels this build is great, it isn't working for me on high levels and bosses (you mentioned the boss issue already, but I still want to be able to kill bosses as well).
The issue with Cyclone is the low accuracy level on higher levels (70+) and damage output, increasing the time necessary to collect the souls to feed the Vaal Ground Slam. Additionally targetting with moving bosses with Cyclone is a pain. Thus experimenting with other tree, skill and gear setup.

I found out that you need one skill (an AOE based one would make sense the most to speed up the process) for collecting souls (Cyclone: issues with accuracy, dps and targetting; alternatives would be for instance "Sweep" or "Ice Crash"; currently trying out Infernal Blow though) and bosses ("Heavy Strike" was mentioned in 2 other Vaal Ground Slam build guides, thus will try this out in the alternative gear window) in addition to Vaal Ground Slam.

Also Abyssus seems to be a necessity, despite the FAQ statement that it is not. 2 other Vaal Ground Slam builds use it as a core item and it occures to me that the additional dps is really needed i endgame.

Another issue with this build is the low crit chance for Cyclone, even with charges and more importantly the fact that Enduring Call became useless due to the recent patch, which makes automation with "Call when damage taken" and "Immortal Call" impossible. And casting it manually isn't an option for me. Thus removed the Leap Slam gem setup and added "Curse on Hit", "Herald of Thunder", "Assassin's Mark" and "Warlord's Mark" in order to avoid arbitrary creation of Endurance Charges and Power Charges (I want the max. Charges as soon as possible, not after getting hit first and using low level curses with CWDT).

Last issue I came across is that mob density isn't always high enough (in "The Harvest" for instance) to auto refill the soul charges with a Vaal Ground Slam strike easily. Thus you need some AOE based skill in addition to Vaal Ground Slam to collect the souls (while you have all the previously mentioned issues with accuracy, dps, charge creation, mana (unless you maybe use Blood Magic, which lowers your dps once again; the cursing issue to max out created charges reamains as well).

Nobody having similar issues? Really wondering, since nobody else seems to have mentioned similar issues before. Or, while I doubt it, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and best regards!
Last edited by DemonBloodbath on Nov 28, 2015, 5:40:47 PM
"

Nobody having similar issues? Really wondering, since nobody else seems to have mentioned similar issues before. Or, while I doubt it, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and best regards!

Yeah you are right. When I tried higher maps, I was lacking damage a little bit. Abyssus can be necessary. Didn't try it yet tho because I can't manage my resistances.

The thing is, when there is low density or you can't crit from time to time, you will feel like Mark Watney.
I made some changes to the original build to fit my gear set better. Mainly getting iron reflexes since i'm using coil and have better EV gear and taking serpent stance/blunt trauma.

Currently lvl87 - no issues with damage in t10 maps whatsoever.

Gear:

Spoiler

lvl87 tree below. Still need to get 3 endurance and 1 frenzy as I level up

VGS tooltip with Hatred, HOA, HOI, 6 power charges, 3 frenzy charges, blood rage lvl 19 gems

Spoiler

Defences with 3 endurance:

Spoiler
Last edited by Zeroexp on Nov 28, 2015, 7:21:12 PM
"
Zeroexp wrote:

lvl87 tree below. Still need to get 3 endurance and 1 frenzy as I level up

You should consider getting Unwavering Stance which is 2 pts away since you got Iron Reflexes. Even with high hp pool, I tend to get stunned a lot just before using VGS and charge gets wasted.
Smashing strike give "10% chance to gain an endurance charge on Melee critical strike" on ly on staff ?
or on any weapon?
GGG broke it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info