[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

Can anyone give us a leveling guide for this build?

Been trying different bows...Death's Harp/Roth's Reach/Storm Cloud with Lightning Arrow>WED>AddedLightning>GMP and Blast Rain>Conc>WED>FA

I had an issue with mana until I put on some elreon jewelry but only 1 ring -6 and I will have to swap them out for res rings..

I am currently level 38 and I am struggling against bosses in Act 4 Normal...So was wondering if someone could give me a leveling tree and tell me which setup carried them to Merciless up until Voltaxic?

I would like to get there on a budget until I can swap to Voltaxic/Snakebites to start farming some currency to buy up Maligaro's/Rat's nest.

I decided to go down to the bottom of the tree first and I just got Fiery Bolts and the leech cluster at the bottom.

Thank you for this guide and any suggestions would be appreciate...I am playing on HC.
How are you getting the 191 strength for the Kaom's?
"
Can anyone give us a leveling guide for this build?

Been trying different bows...Death's Harp/Roth's Reach/Storm Cloud with Lightning Arrow>WED>AddedLightning>GMP and Blast Rain>Conc>WED>FA

I had an issue with mana until I put on some elreon jewelry but only 1 ring -6 and I will have to swap them out for res rings..

I am currently level 38 and I am struggling against bosses in Act 4 Normal...So was wondering if someone could give me a leveling tree and tell me which setup carried them to Merciless up until Voltaxic?

I would like to get there on a budget until I can swap to Voltaxic/Snakebites to start farming some currency to buy up Maligaro's/Rat's nest.

I decided to go down to the bottom of the tree first and I just got Fiery Bolts and the leech cluster at the bottom.

Thank you for this guide and any suggestions would be appreciate...I am playing on HC.

Try to level up with Blast Rain as main "all-around" skill (for both AoE and single). Link LGoH gem to it to recover HP VERY quickly (and i mean it). On other hand, LA cost way too much mana for early game, so dont use it till you grow up.
You may use Death's Harp or Storm Cloud. Storm Cloud is especially powerful to regain HP (due to its APS).
Dont reserve more than 50% of your mana pool until you'll be able to sustain your main skill's manacost with mana leech. You wont gain much DPS from it anyway, but recovering your mana with flasks will become a pain (if you reserve more that 50% mana). Rallying Cry also helps a lot. though you have to spam it.

If you have 5-link (or Tabula), link Blood Magic so you wont suffer from mana cost. You may reserve more than 50% mana then.

Blast Rain and LGoH are you best friends in early game - remember that.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 23, 2016, 9:26:02 AM
"
Danger_Close wrote:

He is using a heavy belt that gives the strength I had to find one that had 67 strength combined to get it to work.
"
ShadowNBO wrote:
"
Danger_Close wrote:

He is using a heavy belt that gives the strength I had to find one that had 67 strength combined to get it to work.

Alternatively, you can choose another pathing (like i did), and then you'll get enough strength withyour tree.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 23, 2016, 10:17:13 AM
"
dark_strand wrote:
"
ScoutHound wrote:
I think I am getting as close to being done, gear wise, as I am going to get. I spent 2 ex on bow, 1.5 ex on armor (I alched it to current stats), and probably around 2-4 ex for everything else. I can't remember. I found Rats, the belt, the talisman, and chaosed one of the rings.

My life is 3900. My gems are all low level with no quality. I almost think that Ringwald's Quills is the best quiver choice (enabling us to get rid of chain in 6-link).

While I am impressed with the build, I still think Windripper is a better mapper.

Any tips on how to finish this build? It is good but not rave-worthy so far.

I'm assuming you're not trolling so I'm going to tell you that you're not even close to completing a voltaxic character and is hardly a good voltaxic build. Your gem setup isn't nearly optimal especially on your 6 link and curse on hit, no WED on neck, no flat lightning on rings, no coil/kaoms, and with 3900 life you are not even near the point where this build excels. It is one of if not the quickest high tier clear speeds in the current meta if you don't count vaal spark on maps where it shines.

Jeez. I did NOT say, "hey guys, check out my BIS gear." I said that this is as close as I might get to a finished character. I am merely looking for advice.
I do appreciate the criticism (as snarky and negative as it is). I will try to upgrade some of my rings and all. I don't know if a 6link coil is realistic for me.

Dark_Strand, would you please post your BIS gear so I know what to look for? I am pretty slow and would love the help. Thanks!

What do you guys think about using CoH, HoT, warlords to generate endurance charges and then using CWDT Immortal Call? Would this work for some extra survivability?

"
ScoutHound wrote:

What do you guys think about using CoH, HoT, warlords to generate endurance charges and then using CWDT Immortal Call? Would this work for some extra survivability?

HoT has limited AoE and doesnt generate many charges. You better just use CWDT-enfeeble.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
So I decided to get a Death's Harp and I am using 1 Elreon ring -6 Reduce Mana cost and I am currently level 49...

What is the Ideal Setup for LA for a 4link? I am using LA>AddedLightning>GMP>WED & my blast rain is Blast Rain>WED>Conc>FA...Is it better to drop Added lightning for Chain?

Also do I get Heartseeker around my level or do I spec into it later? I was told to do it, then I was told not to do it... I picked up the Lethality nodes on the bottom and I was able to spec all the way over to golem blood...Now I was working toward filling out Heartseeker then going to go Coordination...Also does anyone use Frenzy? I have the 4link setup for it but I never use it usually because it seems non beneficial. What is the point of frenzy? Blast rain seems like it is great but it feels inconsistent with damage...sometimes it does a ton then sometimes it doesn't.

I picked up the Intell node on the bottom by King of the Hill to try and help me sustain using Wrath & HoT to level...I setup a Hot>CurseonHit>AssMark to try and help with more damage.

Do I try and get Pure Evasion armor or do I go Armor/EV to help me with survivability? I do like that I feel more evasive with the Ranger then I did with Shadow but I just need to know which would help because Act 4 Cruel usually kills me due to Malachai or the Spike Phys damage.

So far I am liking the build but just need some help. Any suggestions would be helpful...I am in HC and I am worried when facing bosses because of the massive damage they can do.
Last edited by RagnarLoftbrook on Jan 23, 2016, 4:38:25 PM
"
ScoutHound wrote:
"
dark_strand wrote:
"
ScoutHound wrote:
I think I am getting as close to being done, gear wise, as I am going to get. I spent 2 ex on bow, 1.5 ex on armor (I alched it to current stats), and probably around 2-4 ex for everything else. I can't remember. I found Rats, the belt, the talisman, and chaosed one of the rings.

My life is 3900. My gems are all low level with no quality. I almost think that Ringwald's Quills is the best quiver choice (enabling us to get rid of chain in 6-link).

While I am impressed with the build, I still think Windripper is a better mapper.

Any tips on how to finish this build? It is good but not rave-worthy so far.

I'm assuming you're not trolling so I'm going to tell you that you're not even close to completing a voltaxic character and is hardly a good voltaxic build. Your gem setup isn't nearly optimal especially on your 6 link and curse on hit, no WED on neck, no flat lightning on rings, no coil/kaoms, and with 3900 life you are not even near the point where this build excels. It is one of if not the quickest high tier clear speeds in the current meta if you don't count vaal spark on maps where it shines.

Jeez. I did NOT say, "hey guys, check out my BIS gear." I said that this is as close as I might get to a finished character. I am merely looking for advice.
I do appreciate the criticism (as snarky and negative as it is). I will try to upgrade some of my rings and all. I don't know if a 6link coil is realistic for me.

Dark_Strand, would you please post your BIS gear so I know what to look for? I am pretty slow and would love the help. Thanks!

Sorry how I came off, I was under the impression you were thinking the build wasn't that great but it's hard to judge this build until you invest a lot of money into it and do high tier maps.

The things that stand out to me is you have no power charge generation due to not running HoT/CoH/Assassins mark which is heavily required on voltaxic due to our inherently low crit chance due to wearing a voltaxic, you currently have poachers mark but you already use blood rage so frenzy charges shouldn't be an issue and assassins mark would give a dps upgrade across the board with power charges + increased chance to crit and 40% multi, it's only not required when you run with a support.
If you want endurance charges I would go enduring cry then run a cwdt+inc dur+immortal call.

LMP in your lightning arrow setup while not reducing your damage by 25%, gmp will help with shotgunning packs and killing huge packs and is definitely worth it to run. My gear isn't going to be BiS and may seem dumb in terms of rings because I'm experimenting with different trees, it's pretty hard to get BiS gear in hardcord. It should be a lot easier for you in softcore but I would try for 20-22k self buffed LA dps in your h/o, 175 res for ele weak + curse, 5k life. You can drop the crafted life on your rings and go for flat lightning since dying isn't as big as a risk but if you feel like it makes you too squishy you can wait until you upgrade more pieces for better life. WED is a requirement on every slot so make sure to find a new neck as soon as you can.

You should find that your blast rain dps will be higher in a 5L with void manipulation instead of added lightning damage since you run poison on it. Quality and leveled gems is extremely big for changing your dps on voltaxic, the gems you really need quality on would be:
WED - Added Lightning - GMP - Void Manip - Increased Duration - Herald of Thunder - Conc - Blood rage - Enduring cry(non dps related but it's one of the best quality of life improvements in the game due to letting you enduring cry mobs that are almost off screen), a 21 wrath when you can afford one is also huge. I personally think vaal haste is worth running in your cwdt setup since you get the increased duration from the links and I can maintain it almost 100% of a map but some people choose not to run those 4 gems.

If you need any other help you can always pm me but I've never played softcore so I don't know the most about what sacrifices you can make in gear for dps but you will need to be able to run ele weakness maps since it's a free 15% pack size and you will be rolling it a lot on high tiers.

edit: forgot to put that 23 qual herald of thunder is also something to look up later on
Last edited by dark_strand on Jan 23, 2016, 9:26:58 PM
dark_strand
I looked at your voltaxic character in hardcore talisman, why do you use rare gloves and dont pick every frenzy charge in skill tree? They seem to add alot of dps. And what is the general philosophy for taking them over maligaro's or snakebite? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info