Normal: Kill them all

Cruel: Kill them all

Merciless: Help Alira for +1 Max Power Charges
When you play hc and use blood dance: Help Kraityn for +1 Max Frenzy Charges

Stats:
Spoiler
Unbuffed:

With Heralds:

With all Charges (5xFrenzy & 6xPower, Fireball= 49k DPS, Flame Surge= 123k DPS):

Defence with Discipline and 5xFrenzy Charges:

Notes:
Spoiler
On harder maps I swap Herald of Thunder/Ice/Both with

I can also play with Vaal Grace instead of Herald of Ice in case I need the defence. For that I swap my Havoc Knot Ring to fulfill the dex requirement:

And I have
for Ele-Reflect Maps. I also have to turn off Herald of Ice and take my Ice Nova out of my Cast when Stunned 4L.
Another support for Fireball I really like is
, because it offers much more safety in exchange for clear speed time.
I am planning to swap my current Chest with a 6L

Atziri:
Spoiler
I swap the Havoc Knot Ring and my Amulet for:
And I use these Flasks to fit my needs at Double Vaal, Trio and Atziri:

It's also better to curse manually instead of using the curse on hit setup.

And I take a Fire Trap linked with increased Duration in my 2nd Weapon Set to have Atziri take 50% more damage from my Flame Surge.
A cool trick is to take a skill linked with culling strike in the 2nd weapon^^
Another trick is to take different Vaal Skills in the 2nd Weapon Set and collect the souls by swapping the gems as soon as they have all required souls. I can use Vaal Lightning Trap for extra Damage from shocking ground, I can use Vaal Summon Skeletons for some distraction when fighting the Trio, I could also stack multiple Vaal Disciplines... There are many possibilties, check them out.

Tested the effect of AoE nodes:
Spoiler
Alternative Skill Tree: (testing this to find out whether I don't need the inc. AoE passive points)

I have also compared the explosion radii of Fireball:
http://makeagif.com/i/fFwgT9

So what happens:
Fireball base explosion radius: 8

With that tree I have 20% inc AoE radius: 8 * 1.2 = 9.6
^With conc effect (25% less AoE): 9,6 * 0.75 = 7.2 ------ (see gif for this difference.)

With the other (40% inc AoE): 8* 1.4 = 11.2
^With conc effect (25% less AoE): 11.2 * 0.75 = 8.4

To me 1.2 AoE radius difference doesn't seem to be a big deal. But I wonder if that difference is actually lowering effective DPS on big monster groups because maybe some explosions dont overlap or reach monsters behind the frontline of a group...

My guess is that this build is not based on Proliferation and 16% AoE radius aren't that significant. But it seems it's harder to get Power Charges with this tree, cause the AoE of herald of ice way lower. Still not 100% sure.

Apart from that this tree offers more defence than offence in any case.
Differences:
+30% Energy Shield
+8% to all Res
+28% Armour
+1 Power Charge (= +50% Crit Chance)
VS:
-8% Cast Speed
-30% Damage (spell/ele/area)
-10% Crit Multi

Damage from Fireball drops to 46k DPS and Flame Surge drops to 112k DPS:

I'll stick with the AoE Skill tree for now.

Have Feedback for me? Post it!

Changed/Current Gear:
Spoiler
6L costed 150 Fusing in total, pretty lucky :)

Stats with that Chest
Unbuffed:

With Heralds:

With all Charges (5xFrenzy & 6xPower, Flame Surge= 135k DPS, Fireball= 59k DPS ):

Gear

And my next success:

Flame Surge DPS now: 146k

Bought this:

Fireball DPS now: 65k

(F)AQ:
Spoiler
1. Fire Penetration vs Faster Projectiles
"
faustian1 wrote:
Nice build, i would try swapping faster proj with fire pen tho.

Sure with Fire Pen I deal more damage against most monsters but my Clear Speed would suffer cause I don't need the extra damage from Fire Pen.
2. Chain instead Faster Projectiles?
One guy asked me if I tried Chain with my Fireball instead Faster Projectiles...

I tried Chain and it just sucks but you can play with it if you really want to... Why Chain sucks:
1. LvL 20 Chain = 31% less Damage
2. high mana costs: 150% Mana Multiplier
3. Fireball explosions are not triggered on every enemy...
That results in lower clear speed, no matter how many enemies you hit more with one cast...
3. About Infernal Mantle & Map Bosses
"
cosme7 wrote:
Build very interesting after the Box that had something random to Fireball came to skin and so far had not seen anyone make a build for her hahaha ! Some questions have any map you leap because the boss is very hard? And if you use the Infernal Mantle if your mana becomes low is + 100% spell damage you in the ass, I saw a video and you do not so complicated , yet to Atziri is risky D :

You don't need Infernal Mantle for this build. I am using it cause I play this character in a SC league and I want high DPS. That means, I don't care when I risk dying/die in Maps/Atziri Runs.
Otherwise I would make sure that I never get low mana status by equipping max mana and mana regen gear and I wouldn't just use a mana flask + curse for mana regen as I do now.

I can do every Map boss up to LvL 79. The most dangerous one is the Malformation Map Boss (Piety) which I skip sometimes.
4. How Curse On Hit works with Herald of Ice/Thunder
"
Realgamer wrote:
Hey I am new to the game and i tried this herald of thunder / curse on hit / assassins mark combo, but my targets just won't get cursed. I am just level 42 grinding up with this char, so is there any kind of limitation to that concept or what am I doing wrong? Shouldn't this combo grant power charges on any spell?

So i talked to some other guy and he said, AM will only be applied, if HoT shocks, so I would need much more crit... is that what is fucking my low level char?

So first of all you need to have enough crit chance to shock an enemy. then if you kill that shocked enemy you trigger herald of thunder. Then if HoT hits an enmey it applies the curse.

After the curse is applied and you kill that cursed enemy you have a low chance to get a power charge. That chance is 21% with a LvL 1 Assassin's Mark and scales up to 30% with a LvL 20 A.Mark.
5. How to handle Reflect without Ghost Reaver
"
Facesit wrote:
I had ripped my rf/fb so i have all these gems and considering trying it out, what happens vs reflect packs?

and no ghost reaver?

I die in ele reflect maps and I can die vs ele reflect rares when I dont use my ruby flask.

If you plan to play this in a hc league (or in parties), you will need the consuming dark and infernal mantle for 100% fire to chaos conversion.

For hc you have to make sure that you are never on low mana because of infernal mantle and that you dont deal too much cold or lightning damage that could kill you throgh reflect.
I'd probably use a more defensive skill tree too, which means less damage but more %es.

You don't need ghost reaver because life leech sucks atm, its better to stack regen with zealoth's oath. I am using the blood dance for high regen and in hc I'd probalby help kraityn for an extra frenzy charge instead of alira (in merciless).
6. How to get to a 6L
"
Noxnox wrote:
Hey, really cool build, I used it and I have a question :
I wear a tabula (since it's my first 6L) but I have a Mantle without 6L, my question is : do I absolutly need 6L or can I make a 5L on the mantle ? (cause 1500 fusing orb is so damn hard to get !)

Thanks,
Nox.

First of all, you don't need a mantle nor a 6L.
5L will do it until you can make/buy a 6L.

The best(cheapest/safest) way to get a 6L is to buy a bad/non-crafted one on poe.trade for 2-5 ex. (That is/was true for the big challenge leagues. Also the 6L must not be corrupted!)
Try to get at least a iLvL 72 one. The higher the iLvL the better. (The minimum iLvL is 69)
The base item should be one of those: Vaal Regalia > Widowsilk Robe > (Occultist's Vestment)

uncrafted: http://poe.trade/search/ritakirerauken
(crafted: http://poe.trade/search/ukoiunososekik)

After you have bought one:
1. Scour it, improve it to 20% Quality and Alch it
2. Chaos Spam it until you get at least 500-650 ES -depends on iLvL (avg cost 50-100 chaos, worst case is at 200 chaos)
3. When there is an open suffix, master craft what you need.

The other method to a good 6L ES chest:
1. Buy a high rolled Infernal Mantle / ES chest (e.g. http://poe.trade/search/etanokohigoato)
2. 6S it with Vorici (350 Jeweller) or do it yourself (150-200 Jeweller avg cost)
3. Collect 500 Fusing and 10000 Armourer's Scrap
4. Improve to 20Q, then use a Fuse and Repeat.

This should work if you're not as unlucky as a detected bot.
If you have bought an Infernal mantle and you 5L it, then you can sell that one for profit, buy another for the next try and Repeat.

Old Gear/etc.:
Spoiler

Previous Gear LvL 86

Previous Gear LvL 82

I bought everything.
Wand: 1c
Shield: 14c
Chest (wasnt 6S): 20c
Helmet: <=5c (not sure anymore)
Glovs: 1c
Boots: Bought for 2c then vaal'd it.
Amulet: 1c
Ring no.1: 13c
Ring no.2: 1c
Belt: 1c
Jewel no.1: <=10c (not sure anymore)
Jewel no.2: <=10c (not sure anymore)

In total <=79 Chaos ... (Without Fusing/Jeweller/Chromatic/MasterCraft costs.) SC has the most ridiculous offers, especially now with the Awakening Expansion.

The other 2 Wands were 1c and 6c.

Current tree:
Last edited by LMHTB on Oct 19, 2015, 3:18:45 AM
bump
bump
bump
"
faustian1 wrote:

Sure with Fire Pen I deal more damage against most monsters but my Clear Speed would suffer cause I don't need the extra damage from Fire Pen.
up
updated many things
added a video
to the top^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info