Map vendor formula: should add "2 unidentified maps of same base = +1 level map"

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The +30% quantity is just really, really good.

It's not.

It's good via corruption, because you start out with desired mods.

An UNID blue map might have only 1 mod, it might be shit, it might be one of the mods your build can't do. And at the levels you are saying it is really good, that the 3:1 ratio itself is good, you rain maps from white maps.

It's bad.

Later on when map drops count, not only would 3:1 for UNID blue be risking a single bad mod but would cost 2.5 times the chisels or go unchiselled.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 5, 2015, 8:54:54 AM
I'm assuming you use a build which can run any map affixes.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm assuming you use a build which can run any map affixes.

And for those who don't, it's bad.

Now to your assumption.

I do, actually (3 builds that can all do any combination of mods).

And blind UNID 3:1 vendor recipe is still bad for them.

I had a brainwavefart months ago, probably not long after the UNID bonus came in, to do exactly this. It wasn't long before I realised it was not worth doing.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 5, 2015, 9:36:24 AM
"
Zed_ wrote:
you will be doing tilesets in the 78-82 range

I wish.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Um, ok? I was saying 2:1 unid'd blue/rare, 3:1 for identified/white.

Unless you're saying it's not worth going from white to unid'd. And that varies from maplevel to maplevel, but in addition to the map conversion you're basically trading 2 Alchs for 4 Chisels and 2 Sacrifice shards when converting up to an un-id'd rare in best-case scenarios, so the only value loses are:
1. If the product isn't normally worth chiseling/sharding
2. The 3:1 itself

In any case, I think what I'm proposing now would be sufficient. There would be an initial 3:1 but it would be 2:1 for additional level gains, greatly reducing the cost of "cubing" low maps into high ones.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 5, 2015, 10:05:10 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Um, ok? I was saying 2:1 unid'd blue/rare, 3:1 for identified/white.

Unless you're saying it's not worth going from white to unid'd. And that varies from maplevel to maplevel, but in addition to the map conversion you're basically trading 2 Alchs for 4 Chisels and 2 Sacrifice shards when converting up to an un-id'd rare in best-case scenarios, so the only value loses are:
1. If the product isn't normally worth chiseling/sharding
2. The 3:1 itself

In any case, I think what I'm proposing now would be sufficient. There would be an initial 3:1 but it would be 2:1 for additional level gains, greatly reducing the cost of "cubing" low maps into high ones.

What I was replying to was (and maybe I should have quoted more)

"
The reason is: unidentified maps are fucking awesome. The +30% quantity is just really, really good.

So, um, start using the formula. Naow.

You said you had been trying the 3:1 recipe, as UNID. Then urged people to try it (they can't try the 2:1 recipe).

I'm saying it sux as 3:1 and the UNID thing doesn't make it unsux.

Unless you are urging GGG to try the proposed formula at the end of your post, then OK, I misread.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 5, 2015, 11:25:22 AM
I meant "use it on all your maps 72 and lower (73 and lower result)."

I guess I was kind of assuming people reroll somewhat regularly.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 5, 2015, 11:29:41 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I meant "use it on all your maps 72 and lower (73 and lower result)."

I guess I was kind of assuming people reroll somewhat regularly.

Then I stick to what I said.

There is no point at that level. You get enough map drops to sustain and climb, those lower maps are chisel recipe fodder, they will soon run out for that purpose, tiering those low maps up is self defeating.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 5, 2015, 11:36:35 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
It's bad.

Later on when map drops count, not only would 3:1 for UNID blue be risking a single bad mod but would cost 2.5 times the chisels or go unchiselled.

The whole point is to save chisels and chaos (that extra 10% on top of the free chisels can sometimes take quite a few chaos to get). And to save time - farming those currencies takes time. Running the 3 lower maps takes more time.
Obviously you need a character that can handle most mods with some aura/support gem swapping. And you don't do this with your most valuable maps that absolutely need good rolls on. You do this to your "meh" maps that you really don't wanna run anymore if you don't have to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info