Developer Insight: The Divination Card Creation Process

"
Akisha wrote:
Very interesting read, but in my opinion the drop rates are too low or cards needed for a full set are too many. Sure, the cards already drop more frequently than the item itself. Problem is that you usually need 5 or even more cards of the same type. So a very low drop chance x number of cards and that combined with drop penalty makes farming some cards impossible.

Furthermore all cards should be attainable in merciless difficulty. Because how will you farm cards, which only drop in normal or cruel difficulty efficiently? Always make new characters until the drop penalty gets too high? Really?
In this state, there is no way to do the divination card challenge of current leagues without trading. And some cards are extremely expensive. Why make a "challenge", which is impossible to do for people, even if they are willing to spend lots of time farming?

There always has been, and always will be, a trading challenge. GGG wants to encourage it.

They really should rename them from challenges to something else, though, since none of them are actually challenging except for the boss kill ones. The rest are just grinds. Achievements is taken. Perhaps "accomplishments."
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Since their introduction in The Awakening, Divination Cards have become one of our most popular features.

Really?

:/

I wonder how they measure this.

"So many people pick them up and have AT LEAST one card on account, so popular!"

Oh, and add in a highlight feature for sets that are completed please. It's really hard to track it.
I wouldn't mind at all if all zones had 3+ cards and every other run you were "guaranteed" to get 1 of them. It would make it so the lower tier cards could be gotten more frequently and the farming process to get good cards didn't feel so empty when you farm for hours on end and only have 1 card to show.
Nice cards that give 1chaos and are impossible to collect!
I dont know who did those cards ballance, but he needs to rethink his life choices.
Im talking about ALL the cards, all of them are stupidly rare and and... listen do it right, cards feel bad.
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
Last edited by IVIetal on Aug 10, 2015, 6:54:14 AM
Can we please have an indication in the stash for when the div set is finished?

For example show the number of cards in the stack green if the set is complete. So we dont have to mouse over each individual stack of cards.

That will get pretty tedious if more cards are implemented.
"
mescalito wrote:
Can we please have an indication in the stash for when the div set is finished?

For example show the number of cards in the stack green if the set is complete. So we dont have to mouse over each individual stack of cards.

That will get pretty tedious if more cards are implemented.

this would be great
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
*Snaps picture*

Neat.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
give divination card an id# so it's easier to collect and sort them!!! you will never find a trading cards system without numbered cards
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Akisha wrote:
Very interesting read, but in my opinion the drop rates are too low or cards needed for a full set are too many. Sure, the cards already drop more frequently than the item itself. Problem is that you usually need 5 or even more cards of the same type. So a very low drop chance x number of cards and that combined with drop penalty makes farming some cards impossible.

Furthermore all cards should be attainable in merciless difficulty. Because how will you farm cards, which only drop in normal or cruel difficulty efficiently? Always make new characters until the drop penalty gets too high? Really?
In this state, there is no way to do the divination card challenge of current leagues without trading. And some cards are extremely expensive. Why make a "challenge", which is impossible to do for people, even if they are willing to spend lots of time farming?

There always has been, and always will be, a trading challenge. GGG wants to encourage it.

They really should rename them from challenges to something else, though, since none of them are actually challenging except for the boss kill ones. The rest are just grinds. Achievements is taken. Perhaps "accomplishments."

wut? tempests that never appear? uniques that never drop? same for divination cards? half of those aren't challenging, they are flat out impossible for anybody not doing you know what
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Feel free to explain why 'Rain of Chaos' gives only one chaos orb then. Fairly sure you guys know what 'rain' means.

Did Jozen specifically request just one orb for 8 cards, and insist it be called 'rain'? Really curious about that one.

Oh, and The Alpha's Howl card art is *terrible*. Yes, in most cases you struck a fine balance between stylistic and truly artistic, but in that case, it looks like a fucking doodle. Were I the supporter behind that I'd be like 'uhm, 1.1k for that? Seriously?'

Anyway, good job sucking a lot of money out of folks for *far* less dev work than required for the cheaper (and now obviously defunct, at least openly) custom unique design pack. Better than the farce that was Grandmasters, at least.

If anyone asks me if this is worth it, I say if they don't have their own unique to promote/work with or some personal message (as with The Lover -- so sad!), probably not. 1.1k USD to fill out a submission form with like, four options and *maybe* get a few messages back and forth with a faceless dev (probably Nick) regarding 'compromise'?

Nope. Not that GGG I supported so heavily and happily.

Ah, it was a good news post until I read the above whine fest on the first page.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info