[2.0][Tempest] Voltaxic crit LA (22,5k+ DPS, 190% life, ALL map mods)

Been following this guide a bit in SC (just started playing again after a long break). This is the gear I'm currently rocking at level 82:
Spoiler

Thing is, I'm not putting up anything near your tooltip DPS (Frenzy is at 14K with both auras up, and LA is basically 10K.) and my life is a little low at 4300. My resists are capped (except chaos, of course), and my evasion is at 6K. I'm not sure what exactly I can improve.

EDIT: I'm tinkering with pierce + innervate (both low-level gems). Really diggin' the feel of it at the moment.
Last edited by wrathchild619 on Nov 24, 2015, 3:21:16 AM
I feel like this build needs more love. I divined my bow to damn near perfect stats, and I've got 20% quality on some of my gems now. I use GMP with LA now and it still hits for 15K buffed, and my single target frenzy is at 24K-25K buffed. While I do have trouble with some bosses, I can solo most T12 maps with mods without too much trouble. All-in-all I'd say this is a pretty solid build.
Did you think about Wake of destruction boots? Or no space for more uniques/not worth the struggle?
Burn all the orbs!
"
skuadak wrote:
Did you think about Wake of destruction boots? Or no space for more uniques/not worth the struggle?

Not the OP, but I'be been using this build from level 74 to 89, so I have a fair amount of experience with it. Here's my $0.02:

The DPS boost may be significant, but when we're running with uniques like Lightning Coil, Drillneck and Theif's Torment, we need to use the other slots for life and resists. Also, IMO we want something with EV. OTOH, if we are using a rare chest/rings/quiver (that satisfy our defensive needs OFC), we can probably get away with those boots in that slot.
I see, thanks for reply. I have one spare ranger and I want try something for bow, but else than phys/crit. I hesistate between this build and ele crit in windripper style. So I'm gathering data atm :). For now ele leads by this poorriper

Also it seems bit better for 95% solo playing.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Dec 4, 2015, 2:09:13 PM
Voltaxic is a pretty fun bow, but you won't get the same damage output as a Windripper. That said, my clearspeed on T10-T12 maps is pretty respectable. Tooltip DPS doesn't take into account things like shock, the ability to bypass energy shields and the fact that I'm piercing most targets I hit. With HoT and Innervate + GMP, I can clear a room in one or 2 shots (maybe a few more for champions/rares). Visually, it's a sight to behold; lightning striking everything at once, leaving purple corpses behind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info