Linked Steam Account Characters Deleted

I emailed them almost 4 days ago to revert back the linking of accounts. I've tried a few times to get their attention on these forums with no luck as well. I find it curious how some of the staff will to fix the problem on sight and others suggest sending an email.

I am beginning to think I am just out the money I spent on the account that got deleted...
Hi, the same thing happened to me. I have also sent an email to support@grindinggear.com and am awaiting a response. Hope you guys get through your email backlog soon, I would very much like to play my Elementalist again! :(
Welp :( I have done this as well. Did not realize it would delete my characters. Please GGG, I have sent a ticket to the support email; please restore my characters.
Did the same dumb thing and now waiting in Purgatory for the support backlog to clear up, was hoping to get back on during the weekend, but reading this thread pretty much killed that hope...
"
chapstic wrote:
I emailed them almost 4 days ago to revert back the linking of accounts. I've tried a few times to get their attention on these forums with no luck as well. I find it curious how some of the staff will to fix the problem on sight and others suggest sending an email.

I am beginning to think I am just out the money I spent on the account that got deleted...

there is a queue and you'll need to wait in it like the 1500+ that are already in it trying to gain their attention here will not speed anything up, trying to gain their attention via email (past the first one) will result in your ticket being removed from the queue and re entered at the back

FYI this sort of thing is self inflicted, i believe there is even a warning.

What you are doing is creating an account on the website then linking that to steam which overwrites your steam account.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Dec 10, 2016, 1:00:27 PM
Hey,

I've also had the same problem now where i've linked my steam account to this account and it deleted my characters. Could you please help me out?
Hello My account characters have been deleted as well in attempting to link to POE, Please can some one help me
Awesome. Same here. Started playing again for around 70 hours in the past week and a half or so and wanted to chat on the forums. Sleep deprived, I linked my account last night. Didn't see that it overwrites. Missed it somehow, I guess.

Could I have my characters restored also, please?

Edit: Made my own post per FAQ
Last edited by Kachi on Dec 18, 2016, 3:19:41 PM
i got the same situation here, can someone help me with it?
HI
Yep, I did the same thing as well. My account on here had no characters, and my steam account was still overwritten. I wish I had just searched through the forums for this problem first.

Oh well.. I sent them an email. Hopefully they can restore my steam account. I had some tabs and currency to purchase more on there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info