Minion Life

Does linking 2 separate minion life support gems to the summon minion gem increase the summons life by 80%?

or does it not stack at all?

"
BobRt wrote:
Does linking 2 separate minion life support gems to the summon minion gem increase the summons life by 80%?

or does it not stack at all?

Multiple support gems of the same type never stack. only the highest-level (or highest quality in case of a tie) takes effect.
thank you for the response...i didnt think they would stack, just had to make sure :)
Hopefully this isn't a duplicate post, tried to check for this issue already. Anyways, just wanted to throw out there that maybe if it's possible to add the bonus health given by this support gem to the minions health on the skill it's used on. Currently, it just says 40% more minion life on the skill. Thanks and great work with the game looks very promising!
Just to echo the prior poster.

I just picked this link support gem up yesterday
and used it to replace the damage add (for minions)
support gem I was using.

I saw no increase in health and figured it
was broken and doing nothing. Leveled it some, saw
same thing.

Item I have it in is linked via 3 sockets with
zombies - support gem - specteres.

I'll run with it a while to try to make sure
it is actually adding health by some other means
than interface feedback.

I did note earlier in the thread that the devs
said at present no feedback on actual boost other
than 'percent' increase not the actual life amount.

CliffH raved: maybe if half the mods Werent neckbearded, introverted middle aged men covered in a layer of cheeto dust, they would review the reports before smacking their over protruding forehead on the mute button. FUNNY!
"
Buzi wrote:
I saw no increase in health and figured it
was broken and doing nothing. Leveled it some, saw
same thing.
I did note earlier in the thread that the devs
said at present no feedback on actual boost other
than 'percent' increase not the actual life amount.
Right, the tooltip does not say they have more HP in the line that shows you the actual number. Instead it adds another line that says "+X% Maximum Health".

I don't know how you could really test this. You'd have to summon 1 zombie, find one particular creature, and count the number of hits it took for your zombie to die. Do that a few hundred times and average out how many hits it took a zombie to die one on one. Not an easy task.
PoE is Diablo 3
Diablo 3 is Torchlight 2
Torchlight 2 is Fate 5
Damn i will try that now, cause i have the feeling it dont add hp... i will edit this post if i am done whit it.

/Edit

Ok Looks like it will Add HP, but it would be better if the HP Number would change in example
1214 HP + Gem lvl 3 =1736 HP.

I Tested:

1. I Summoned a Zombie whit Gem and One without.

2. Fighting some mobs so that the HP was like in Mid.

3. After the Fighting i Summoned a Rejuvenation Totem and Watched which Zombie got faster HP back.

It was not an Easy Task but you see the Zombie whit Gem has like 522 more HP also he needs 8 Sec more to Regenerate and you can see that:).
Takahiro the Inferno Necromancer!
My Army of Death is Filled whit Tons of TNT:)!
Last edited by Takahiro86 on Jun 15, 2012, 6:36:02 AM
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I really don't like the Minion Life, Minion Damage, and Minion Speed support gems. Their function is too narrow. I say we open things up a bit.

In terms of this support gem, I think you should rename the Minion Life support gem as Durability, and allow it to also apply to the following skills:
* all Totems, including Spell Totem and Ranged Attack Totem
* all Traps and Remote Mines, including support gem versions (only helps vs AOE)

Assuming you could make a Spell Totem of Summon Skeleton (why not?), this would actually apply to both the Spell Totem and the Skeletons. Optimized, yes; overpowered, probably not.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Yes, you can combine Summon Skeletons with Spell Totem. It's a really common tactic actually, since it means you get a constant flow of fresh.. er, bones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info