Melee Physical Damage

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2022, 12:29:30 PM
The stat used by this support gem was being applied to all physical damage from weapons, without testing for being melee damage. I have already fixed this, it'll be in 0.9.5.
There is a bug currently where the multiplicative damage increases, including the one from this gem, don't work correctly with converted damage, applying only if the final type of the damage fits them. For example, this gem current;y will not apply to fire damage that is converted from physical. Also fixed in 0.9.5
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 5, 2011, 6:33:33 PM
Should also probably mention that it doesn't work with avatar of fire, right?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Er, it should work with Avatar of Fire since it's increasing the Physical damage which then gets converted to Fire damage. If it doesn't work then that definitely sounds like a bug.
Yeah, I just noticed that too.

Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
"
Xapti wrote:
Should also probably mention that it doesn't work with avatar of fire, right?
Thanks for the heads up, forgot that one.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The stat used by this support gem was being applied to all physical damage from weapons, without testing for being melee damage. I have already fixed this, it'll be in 0.9.5.
There is a bug currently where the multiplicative damage increases, including the one from this gem, don't work correctly with converted damage, applying only if the final type of the damage fits them. For example, this gem current;y will not apply to fire damage that is converted from physical. Also fixed in 0.9.5

Is here any chance that bow users will get some alternative for this gem? Maybe increase faster projectiles damage scaling or make increased critical strikes support dex\int like critical weakness. I have duelist with frenzy 2hand weapon build and use
Unavailable

This duelist dealing doubled dps than my ranger on this lvl with frenzy.
Why melee classes should have like 80% increased damage with 1 lvl of support gems and ranger only 19% alldamage on gem lvl20 and low direct damage on added cold suport.
Also they have percentage damage from str, their 2hand weapons have much higher damage then bows, weapons like staffs and scepters have more crit chance than bows, all their weapons have good constant initial mods while bow have nothing and quivers have only crap expect additional dex but it not valuable with oter item mods.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
0.9.5 feedback below this post

All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
"
ykyshaeq wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Is here any chance that bow users will get some alternative for this gem? Maybe increase faster projectiles damage scaling or make increased critical strikes support dex\int like critical weakness. I have duelist with frenzy 2hand weapon build and use
Unavailable

This duelist dealing doubled dps than my ranger on this lvl with frenzy.
Why melee classes should have like 80% increased damage with 1 lvl of support gems and ranger only 19% alldamage on gem lvl20 and low direct damage on added cold suport.
Also they have percentage damage from str, their 2hand weapons have much higher damage then bows, weapons like staffs and scepters have more crit chance than bows, all their weapons have good constant initial mods while bow have nothing and quivers have only crap expect additional dex but it not valuable with oter item mods.

I know this was two patches ago, but I think melees SHOULD get more damage than ranged characters purely because they also have to take loads more damage.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info