Chance to Ignite

Multiplie instances of burning on a single entity do not stack. At any given time, whichever is the highest-damage burn will be applying it's damage, and the others will be inactive.

Example: I burn a monster for 20 fire damage per second, for 4 seconds (the base burn duration). 1 second later, I crit with molten shell, causing a burn dealing 50 fire damage per second. At this point, the 50 dps starts being dealt and the 20 dps burn becomes inactive. 2 seconds later I ignite for another burn dealing 30 dps. That burn is inactive due to the existence of the 50 dps burn.

1 second after that the original 20 dps burn expires (still inactive). 1 more second later the 50 dps burn expires, and the 30 dps burn starts dealing damage (because it's now the highest-dps burn on the monster). It lasts 2 more seconds.

So the monster got 1 second of 20dps, 4 seconds of 50 dps, and 2 seconds of 30dps.
"
erenhardt wrote:
I have a question about burn damage triggered by this support and triggered by critical strikes.

If you crit with fire damage, target takes at least 50% more damage due to critical strike multiplier.

Burn damage from crit:
(no elemental resistances)
crit_dmg_multi*base_fire_dmg*4/3 over 4 seconds

and burn coused by this support:
base_fire_dmg*4/3 over 4 seconds

Or is this support gem triggering burn as if critical strike coused it?

Nothing about igniting takes the crit damage multiplier into account separately. It just cares how much fire damage was dealt by the hit which triggered it. Usually, critical hits will cause more burn because they cause more fire damage, but that's not because burning separately applies the multiplier for crits and not for non-crits, it's just that the forumla is
fire_damage_per_second ( fire_damage_dealt * 1/3 )
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Is the chance to ignite quality skill gem worded incorrectly?
No

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Is the ignite mechanic actually of a duration, where during that duration it will ignite, therefore with an elongated duration, say in PvP, the quality could re-ignite an enemy after a dispel?
Also no.

"Burning" is not a thing. "Burning Damage" is, and refers to fire damage over time.
"Ignite/Ignited" is the elemental status ailment caused by fire damage. It lasts 4 seconds and deals 1/3 or the fire damage of the triggering hit, as burning damage, per second.

If you are ignited, you are taking burning damage. Righteous Fire is not ignite, but does deal burning damage as well. Searing bond is also not ignite, but causes burning damage.

Burning damage is a type of damage. Ignite is one specific status effect that causes this damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info