Added Lightning Damage

Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Hey guys,

I've been using Added Lightning Damage for awhile now and it was working great- but I'm sure you noticed that I used the past tense, and that's why I'm here. To begin with, my 'Added Lightning Damage' was grouped with my Ice Spear. Worked great, blah blah. I got it to level 4, and then transferred it over to be grouped with my Spark spell, which was also receiving support from 'Fork'.

At level four, Added Lightning Damage is meant to provide +1-12 lightning damage. Instead, it seems to be adding 1-8. I think that, for some reason, it's damage was reset to an incorrect level, even though it is still level 4.

Is there a fix? Please help. Thank you!
Spark has a Damage Effectiveness of 50%, which is a final multiplier to the total damage. It's working as intended.

Damage Effectiveness was introduced to limit the power behind flat damage increases. +1-12 is enormous on Spark since it fires three projectiles. By increasing the base damage but imposing a Damage Effectiveness penalty the relative strength of flat modifiers was reduced.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 25, 2013, 11:54:35 PM
It's working as intended then- okay, that's good to hear. Thanks for the info!
I tried too chain two Added Lightning Damage on my Ice spear but only got the added bonus dmg from one.

Is this working as intended or is it a work in progress?
Working as intended. Stacking Support gems would be overpowered.
I was wondering why ALD support gem can't proc shock, when AFD can proc ignite and ACD can proc freeze? Doesn't this leave ALD gem outperformed by the other two? I know it has more max damage, but nevertheless it has so poor min damage, I consider both of the other added damage gems to be more useful.
+Lightning does cause Shock, so there's that.
"
Stormsage wrote:
I was wondering why ALD support gem can't proc shock, when AFD can proc ignite and ACD can proc freeze? Doesn't this leave ALD gem outperformed by the other two? I know it has more max damage, but nevertheless it has so poor min damage, I consider both of the other added damage gems to be more useful.
I'm pretty sure the quality bonus gives a chance to shock. Can anyone link a quality gem?
Why is this support gem 140% mana?
It certainly feels like the weakest of the added damage gems and mana costs is one if the higher ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info